MINDBODY

Updated January 28, 2015
4.3

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Work life balance is outstanding as were the benefits (in 14 reviews)

• Great Product, Customers are usually people who love health and wellness which is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • San Luis Obispo is located four hours from both Los Angeles and San Francisco, so that can be an adjustment (in 7 reviews)

• With any young and growing company there are growing pains (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Working Environment

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and managers. The benefits are top notch and lots of paid time off

Cons

Some Departments are harder to grow in

Continually help refine skills and encourage growth

Awesome company that actually stays true to its culture and core values

Current Employee - Product Development
    Current Employee - Product Development

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

i've been with the company now for just about 5 years, now work in Product Development, and it's been really awesome to watch the company grow. i've watched the company hire so many new people and teams double and triple in size, yet the company has been able to maintain its culture. It's awesome to see the CEO around the office and he not only knows many of the employees by name, but is friendly and approachable every time you see him. The company truly cares about its employees and treats us very well. The benefits are amazing and many, if not most decisions are run by employees before being made. Each department has their own nuances, but Prod Dev is truly an awesome place to come to work every day.

Cons

As we grow there are definitely more procedures and policies being put in place that feel a bit bureaucratic. Also many large decisions are made without a whole lot of planning or forethought, or research, so often times employees complain about MINDBODY always shooting from the hip.

Really try to communicate the 'whys' behind large or quick decisions made- and be sure it trickles down to each and every employee.

Best Job I've Had Yet

Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, fantastic leadership. You face business-problems at this company that no company has ever faced, and if you like being challenged, that's exactly what you're going to get! Benefits are great, core values are actually exercised. Also can't leave out that San Luis Obispo is a beautiful place to live. Would recommend it to anyone. And if you are driven, there is a ton of room for upward growth as this is just the beginning with MINDBODY...

Cons

A bit understaffed on certain teams, but that's what you get with an exciting start-ups. If you like wearing a lot of hats, this is the place for you.

Don't promote simply because there is an opening. Promote talent and if you can't do that, hire externally. Also need to look at upgrading certain processes/systems to help with scalability.

As Advertised!

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in Southampton, NY
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in Southampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work culture, supportive and positive co-workers, benefits and wellness perks! MB is headed in the right direction with work culture and work/life balance. Yoga balls, beer and laughter here.

Cons

Would love to stay around with Mindbody as an employee longer, however most room for growth is located in San Luis Obispo. The starting pay is good for entry level openings, but with the cost of living where offices are located could be even better, these may be factors in high turnover/loss of talent seen.

As the company grows continue to seek promoting/hiring great leaders, not managers. Hire for potential and not always experience. :)

Great for discovering the world of sales!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company culture, lots of room for growth, great pay for part-time job and an excellent chance to expose yourself to the world of sales.

Cons

Could use better communication between departments and more fine tuned training on new hires.

Easy but it has a high turn over rate

I worked at MINDBODY

Pros

It's a fun environment and you work with enjoyable people.

Cons

It's hard to create your own leads and call people you don't know so you have to be very comfortable with cold calling strangers.

Jan 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Too true about cold calling, it's definitely not a job for everyone. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best of luck!

MindBody Online, love your business!

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing really quickly, nice atmosphere in the London office and good management.
    The CEO is visionary and inspiring. Good commissions plan if you work hard.

Cons

Too US centric sometimes, bad communication between the California HQ and the overseas offices.

Keep doing what you're doing.

I <3 MINDBODY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers, great PTO and benefits plan, competitive salary, regular parties, wellness practitioners on site, and a solid company culture based around a set of core values. Opportunities are abundant with a 'promote from within' culture. The CEO, Rick, is down to earth and approachable. The office design is modern and comfortable (if a little noisy). Overall, MINDBODY is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

As we've grown larger, company policies have been tightening taking some of the magic away.

Jan 12, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Great review. There's a common thread in the comments about keeping the culture alive as we grow and that advice is spot on. In the near future I don't see all the perks dissapearing: the company ... More

Core Values embody the environment

Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the environment you feel when you come in every morning. Everyone is friendly and wants to help you succeed. If you have questions, you can find someone who knows the answers very easily. I also love the core values or the company and how the everyone including the CEO embodies them and wants the best for their clients.

Cons

It's hard to say anything bad about this company, but if I had to choose something, I would say the quick turnover, at least in my department. They expect a lot out of you, but it's completely manageable. If you stay on top of your tasks, you can do well at this company.

More training on certain aspects of the software is the only thing I can think of.

Jan 12, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! The good news is that training in Sales is going through an overhaul so you can expect to see some great things from our Learning and Development team! Keep up the great work ... More

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere, energy, and CEO. Office culture is lively and the people are extremely fun!

Cons

The pay isn't that great, but company benefits compensate

Jan 12, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Glad to know you are enjoying our great benefits package and all the perks. We want to keep you as happy and healthy as possible!