MINDBODY Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Great Company!

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MINDBODY is by far one of the best places I have ever worked!! The people here are dedicated to the mission and live our core values to the fullest.

Cons

There are some growing pains. As long as your are prepared to be fluid and accept changes as the come, you will still love it!

Aug 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Project Specialist

Great to hear from you! I'm so glad to hear that you're happy in your role here; we love our core values and are striving to continuously improve and maintain wellness in all that we do. Because of ... More

Bad managment

Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Coworkers are nice for the most part, they have decent benefits. Job is not that hard and the they do provide you with somewhat good training now.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to know how to manage. Seems like they hire younger people to manage and it goes to there head. Pay is pretty low for tech support.

Advice to Management

Practice the core values.

Jul 29, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Project Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience working alongside your fellow team members. Our Training team provides a comprehensive training program for technical ... More

Great Company to work for if you love health/fitness

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Ability to move up, create own projects, grow in your career, determine own path, some good leadership in the Director positions (HR, CEO, CSMO), healthy work environment, pro family.

Cons

In the early days, there were quite a few people in leadership positions who were not qualified, too green, and unprofessional - created a lot of havoc for those of us having to work under them. Not a lot of structure even currently which makes it difficult to have any process (some departments).

Jul 28, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Project Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly value the development of our team members, and there are many opportunities to grow within the company. With growth, there are always changes and challenges that ... More

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Conversion Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about MINDBODY is the people. Having co-workers who generally care about each other, about making the world a better place and working together in the best interest of the customer is great. The customers are generally small business owners determined to make the world a better place, and it's great to help them manage their business successfully.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult. You can't get too comfortable in thinking you know what you were hired to do. It will shift and grow and evolve, and if you're comfortable with that you will thrive.

Advice to Management

The MINDBODY Connect movie was amazing. Thank you for that, and hopefully we can have it available to watch on demand. The videos of Rick on MBNN are helpful. It's good to know what the big picture is.

Jul 28, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Love all this advice, it's good to know what we need to keep doing and what is valuable to you and others. You are right on about the growing pains and we all feel them but we are on the right track ... More

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great, benefits are good. Company really cares about it employees, that's not just marketing.

Cons

The CVA process is a dreaded chore.

Advice to Management

The CVA process started as a good idea, its just a painfully frustrating time sink now. Saba is so clunky, and you can't correct spelling errors without starting goals over from scratch. Every 90 days is too much.

Jul 28, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review! Glad you are enjoying the benefits here and that you feel cared for. This is what makes MINDBODY such an excellent place to work! I hear on you the CVA's but remember that ... More

Not as good as it seems at first

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The focus on wellness is great. It's awesome to be encouraged to work out and that there's an expectation of healthy living. You really do get the opportunity to learn here, and that's probably more than you can get working in other companies like MINDBODY.

Cons

Have a concern about the company? Good luck finding someone who will listen. All but the customer service directors and VPs have closed offices and don't really mingle with the rest of the workforce. Want a promotion? The only people I've seen get promoted have either been out of convenience or because someone got pregnant. (And on that note, if you're consciously choosing not to have children or can't, be prepared to feel awkward all the time. There are lots of expectant mothers here, so there are constantly baby showers and people asking you when you're going to have a baby. I've been asked about when I'm going to get pregnant or that "I'm next" more times than is appropriate.) Pay isn't equivalent across departments. Some departments are offered major incentives for performance while others have to pay out of pocket for team building activities. It's really not fair or equitable.

Advice to Management

Actually meet with your employees. Don't cancel one on ones, that's just really bad form and makes your employees feel unimportant. A lot of us are poor and miserable, but because SLO doesn't have many other employment options, we're stuck. It's not exactly the best strategy for a good workforce. Give us a real reason to stay.

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Project Specialist

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the many opportunities to learn and grow in your career at MINDBODY. My first encouragement to you is to follow through with your ... More

8. Best

Current Employee - User Interface Visual Designer in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - User Interface Visual Designer in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY (More than a year)

Pros

Top 10 Companies to work for in 2014

Cons

Can't think of anything else.

Jun 22, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Love it. 'Best.' Enough said! Glad you are enjoying your career with us!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Working at MINDBODY was a fantastic experience. The department I was in had down to earth managers that promoted a fun environment. Coworkers were generally intelligent, hard working, and top quality talent. Weekly massages payed for by the company (as part of the $65 monthly wellness voucher program) were a great perk. There were regular team activities like water balloon tosses, games, and such. The projects I worked on were exciting, and I learned a great deal while there. Overall, working at MINDBODY was awesome, and the experience I gained there professionally was top notch.

Cons

The core value assessment (CVA) process is excruciating; the announcement of it usually resulted in groans and putting off doing it as long as possible. The vast majority of managers I worked with were talented individuals doing a great job, but there were a few that, in my eyes, didn't live up to the company's core values.

Advice to Management

I'd suggest redesigning the CVA. I'd like to see managers engaging team members about what their career plans are, then helping them chart a road map toward that goal.

Jun 1, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this review, and glad you are on to new adventures! I completely agree about the CVA process though it was recently re-vamped and improved to be more user friendly. Our Talent ... More

Great place to work

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

San Luis Obispo is beautiful Company values work life balance Co-workers will become your best friends Great company culture Lots of room for growth, company values "promote from within"

Cons

Pay is slightly low, due to the lack of competition in the area.

Jun 1, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

MINDBODY is indeed a great place to work, and I'm glad you think so and feel at home here. Depending on your position you might not see the entry level salary you are accustomed to in other more ... More

This is the best company that I have worked for in 15 years!

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really seem to care about us and people and making sure we are happy. Appreciated people work harder! We have endless resources to assist us and our clients. The atmosphere is very positive, humble and helpful!

Cons

The company is growing quickly and it seems like we need more support in most areas, especially with tech support and training coaches. I think that they are currently working to hire new people and gets these spots filled.

Jun 1, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

You are right! The hiring heat has been aflame for a while. Anyone who comes to MINDBODY should be aware of the growth pace we have seen, so thank you for commenting on that. So glad you are loving ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed