MINDBODY Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
4.3

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Work life balance is outstanding as were the benefits (in 14 reviews)

• Great Product, Customers are usually people who love health and wellness which is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No parking, growing pains because it's so new and growing so rapidly (in 11 reviews)

• Although San Luis Obispo is a great place to live, having qualified people nearby to fill open positions is a challenge (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun.

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Within working here 1 year they encourage you to move within the company, and apply to different positions. They even have a team that will help you out. Everyone is friendly and always smiling, creates a good working environment. Also, they encourage you do live an active life with the wellness program, and makes it easy to leave work at work.

Cons

I would say pay for certain positions could be better. No incentives in some departments, so there is not much incentive to better yourself within that position other than for self satisfaction. Not much recognition within some departments.

Pay. Some departments seem to be the underdogs, when in reality they are very important for the success of the company, but do not seem to be compensated to satisfaction for what they do. If pay can not change, then at least giving recognition.

Aug 5, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

This is right in so many ways. We've got to look at every department and their structure to continuously evolve as a company. MINDBODY is proud to offer performance bonuses to those who go above ... More

Best Job in the Best Town on Earth

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working at MINDBODY. The last three years have been a growing experience, not only in job opportunity, but also in my wellness and personal life. I love coming into work, working with the people I work with, and knowing that I'm contributing to the success of our clients. We work hard to stay true to our mission statement, which is "Leveraging Technology to Improve the Health and Wellness of the World."

Cons

None. Work hard to standout, provide as much value as you can, and opportunity will follow.

Keep our culture alive - we've got something special going on here. :) The culture is still as great as it was 3yrs ago, but let's make sure it stays that way. WooHoo! :)

Aug 5, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! With any growing company the key is maintaining what employees love about the place. We definitely don't want to see our culture change ( unless, of course, it grows in ... More

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Southampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has a very friendly and helpful atmosphere. They offer great benefits including Health Insurance, 401K, and monthly wellness vouchers for gym classes, massages, and other wellness oriented services. The company is currently growing rapidly. They also have a very relaxed and fun culture and promotes work-life balance as well as personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes required to work on major holidays in Customer Service.

By far one of the best companies I've worked for.

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

By far one of the best companies I've worked for! Have experienced so much growth both personally and professionally from working here. Wonderful co-workers and a true sense of believing in core values. Have a steady schedule that allows for amazing PTO, as well as a great balance between work and life in general.

Cons

I can't think of any, my experience here has been very positive.

Woo hoo!

Fast paced, challenging and fun!

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful culture, competent managers, competitive pay and good benefits. The more highly paid and salary positions have rigorous interview process ensuring most team members at that level are not only good at what they do, but are a good fit culturally.

Cons

Some departments hire at a pace that does not always allow for the most thorough vetting. Laid back culture is a double-edged sword; not always receptive to process-oriented best practices.

None

Fun culture but lacks professionalism

Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and social culture, happy hours/parties/events, wellness perks, good benefits, pto, company located in a beautiful area, doesn't feel "corporate-y"

Cons

The company lacks in professionalism. They encourage work-life balance and a fun environment, but it leads to a lack of focus and drive from employees. HR felt nonexistent. Feedback to leads and management was unwelcome/not received well. Micromanagement. Hire a lot of inexperienced cal poly grads that aren't serious about their career. In addition, the pay is low and doesn't match the cost of living for the area. Some management (within sales) are very unprofessional and treat employees like they're in a rat race. Recently went on a firing spree, high turnover and employees fear they are about to lose their jobs. Management doesn't know how to motivate toward success, instead they attempt to motivate by using fear. Also, they claim to "promote from within" but they make it challenging to transfer to other roles within the company, and this is not the only core value they don't stick by.

Reviews on management are a necessity. Encourage with incentives, not fear tactics. Actually stick to core values, and increase pay.

Jul 22, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We definitely hear you. Some of the Cal Poly grads may not be as tenured as other employees, but MINDBODY doesn't want to turn away young talent, especially if they are looking to start a career and ... More

It's not all it's cracked up to be

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. It's a great community of friends and like-minded individuals.

Cons

Pay is well below industry standard. Very culty. Feedback you think is confidential may not always be and can be used against you.

When considering how we can better help our clients, please also keep in mind how changes affect the employee(s). Many changes to better assist clients are often dumped on teams without appropriate accommodations to make the transition work for everyone, eventually leading to a low team morale and high employee attrition. I've watched valuable people drop like flies here. Employees know when a decision is purely business and their well-being was sacrificed.

Aug 5, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this feedback. This is one of those comments where we hang our heads a little lower, realizing that we may have missed the mark on how a project affects things on the back-end. We all ... More

Great Core Values and Culture

Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, and the mission of this company are worth working hard for.

Cons

A lot of young inexperienced employees being hired.

They create a great work-life balance.

Jul 2, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We love that you are happy with the mission and culture! Loving what we do and doing what we love is one of our core values and we’re glad you feel at home here.
    We’re proud of the range of skills
    ... More

Love going to work every day

Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, friendly, relaxed, casual atmosphere. We're treated great with so many benefits: monthly wellness vouchers, onsite massage, onsite wellness classes, insurance, paid time off, etc. Managers are great! CEO is inspiring and visionary. From the top down funnels good vibes.

Cons

Parking due to growing pains; getting so big and we're all in separate buildings.. a bit of a disconnect from other departments.

Keep up the great work!

One of the Best Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (less than an year)

Pros

MINDBODY has an awesome atmosphere with awesome people. Everyone is driven and high energy. Loved coming into work every day.

Cons

There really isn't anything I didn't like.