MINDBODY

Updated November 9, 2014
4.3

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Work life balance is outstanding as were the benefits (in 14 reviews)

• Great Product, Customers are usually people who love health and wellness which is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • San Luis Obispo is located four hours from both Los Angeles and San Francisco, so that can be an adjustment (in 7 reviews)

• No parking, growing pains because it's so new and growing so rapidly (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Core Values and Culture

Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, and the mission of this company are worth working hard for.

Cons

A lot of young inexperienced employees being hired.

They create a great work-life balance.

Jul 2, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

We love that you are happy with the mission and culture! Loving what we do and doing what we love is one of our core values and we’re glad you feel at home here.
    We’re proud of the range of skills
    ... More

Love going to work every day

Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, friendly, relaxed, casual atmosphere. We're treated great with so many benefits: monthly wellness vouchers, onsite massage, onsite wellness classes, insurance, paid time off, etc. Managers are great! CEO is inspiring and visionary. From the top down funnels good vibes.

Cons

Parking due to growing pains; getting so big and we're all in separate buildings.. a bit of a disconnect from other departments.

Keep up the great work!

One of the Best Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (less than an year)

Pros

MINDBODY has an awesome atmosphere with awesome people. Everyone is driven and high energy. Loved coming into work every day.

Cons

There really isn't anything I didn't like.

This company offers what I've always looked for in an employer!

Current Employee - Welcome Team in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Welcome Team in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is an amazing work hard-play hard balance here. When we are on the clock we are busy, stimulated, and expected to perform at our best. However, we are also encouraged to take our paid breaks, play games, and hang out at company parties! The pay is fair, benefits are amazing, and the atmosphere is positive and upbeat. You'd have to have a pretty negative outlook to bash on this place (especially compared to other work environments.)

Cons

I can't think of anything that really stick out. Just like any other place where humans work there are going to be conflicts, but I think they are handled very maturely and those conflicts are more of a reflection of the people involved rather than the company as a whole.

As the company continues to grow, really hold on to the company's core values, and be careful with hiring!! It would be sad to see the quality start to slip as we get bigger.

Jun 18, 2014Senior Director of Customer Service

I could not agree more!

Because we believe that much of our success stems from our Core values, we will continue to refine our recruitment efforts to find people that intrinsically hold these
    ... More

Great resume builder

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, continuously growing, young workforce, great location, room for upward movement within the company, great coffee machines

Cons

No parking, growing pains because it's so new and growing so rapidly

Continue growing, release different versions of the software that are more particular to each vertical so it's not so broad.

I'm a person, not a number!

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good benefits, amazing core values, great leadership, and a happy environment. Really obtainable goals to hit, and the appreciation parties we get are pretty awesome. The fact that I'm actually a person, and not a number is really great. Working here literally makes me enjoy work again.

Cons

I feel like a lot of people take advantage of the relaxed environment, and just maintain the bare minimum.

Jun 18, 2014Senior Director of Customer Service

Thank you for your positive feedback! The welcome team truly has an amazing group of leaders and team members. I'm glad that you do your best - please continue to focus on that and be a catalyst for ... More

Great Culture, Great Company!

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

The culture is amazing, really makes it easy to go to work everyday. The company is consistently growing so the available of advancement into new jobs/departments has increased. The company also offers a plethora of incentives from great healthcare to onsite massage caregivers. The company is committed to wellness which is great.

Cons

The pay (lower than the majority of tech companies), but it has been on an upward trend.

Great Position to Start a Career

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looks great on a resume
    Learn sales tactics and Salesforce training
    Great start up feel
    All the other associates are awesome
    Good management

Cons

Extremely high turnover since most are college students
    Very few of the best associates want to move into full time
    Not a strong enough sales training

Change the commission structure so that it emphasives closes more to lower the number of sketchy demos. Raise commission and lower hourly wage. Encourage more communication with full time representatives.

Fun coworkers, great benefits, poor management

Current Employee - Coordinator in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young and relaxed culture, good benefits and wellness perks, fun atmosphere, CEO/founder has great vision

Cons

Poor planning and execution of new initiatives, lack of proper training, not much room for advancement, low pay, high level managers are not competent and seem to only have their jobs because they have been at the company since the beginning.

Need to put in place 360 degree reviews to understand what is going on in all departments and at all levels of management.

Great Culture, Growing Pains

Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MINDBODY has an amazing up beat office culture. Everyone is friendly and committed to health and wellness. The company gives you $65 a month on a prepaid debit card to use at any business that uses MINDBODY Software (35,000 + businesses). The CEO is a passionate leader who practices what he preaches.

Cons

The company is growing so fast and its currently hurting sales reps. We are required to prospect and cold call new leads that are hard to find and it consumes a lot of time. Also, the quality of inbound leads is terrible and the senior reps are receiving most of them.

Pay is not salary, it is a draw.

Move to salary, reps should make residuals and be able to build on their commission every year