MINDBODY

Updated December 16, 2014
4.3

MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Work life balance is outstanding as were the benefits (in 14 reviews)

• Great Product, Customers are usually people who love health and wellness which is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • San Luis Obispo is located four hours from both Los Angeles and San Francisco, so that can be an adjustment (in 7 reviews)

• With any young and growing company there are growing pains (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great resume builder

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, continuously growing, young workforce, great location, room for upward movement within the company, great coffee machines

Cons

No parking, growing pains because it's so new and growing so rapidly

Continue growing, release different versions of the software that are more particular to each vertical so it's not so broad.

Great Culture, Great Company!

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

The culture is amazing, really makes it easy to go to work everyday. The company is consistently growing so the available of advancement into new jobs/departments has increased. The company also offers a plethora of incentives from great healthcare to onsite massage caregivers. The company is committed to wellness which is great.

Cons

The pay (lower than the majority of tech companies), but it has been on an upward trend.

Great Position to Start a Career

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looks great on a resume
    Learn sales tactics and Salesforce training
    Great start up feel
    All the other associates are awesome
    Good management

Cons

Extremely high turnover since most are college students
    Very few of the best associates want to move into full time
    Not a strong enough sales training

Change the commission structure so that it emphasives closes more to lower the number of sketchy demos. Raise commission and lower hourly wage. Encourage more communication with full time representatives.

Fun coworkers, great benefits, poor management

Current Employee - Coordinator in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young and relaxed culture, good benefits and wellness perks, fun atmosphere, CEO/founder has great vision

Cons

Poor planning and execution of new initiatives, lack of proper training, not much room for advancement, low pay, high level managers are not competent and seem to only have their jobs because they have been at the company since the beginning.

Need to put in place 360 degree reviews to understand what is going on in all departments and at all levels of management.

Great Culture, Growing Pains

Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Software Sales Specialist

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MINDBODY has an amazing up beat office culture. Everyone is friendly and committed to health and wellness. The company gives you $65 a month on a prepaid debit card to use at any business that uses MINDBODY Software (35,000 + businesses). The CEO is a passionate leader who practices what he preaches.

Cons

The company is growing so fast and its currently hurting sales reps. We are required to prospect and cold call new leads that are hard to find and it consumes a lot of time. Also, the quality of inbound leads is terrible and the senior reps are receiving most of them.

Pay is not salary, it is a draw.

Move to salary, reps should make residuals and be able to build on their commission every year

Awesome work environment

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

Happy place. Positive vibes. Great support.

Cons

None. The only thing is that it gets tough to concentrate on your work bc of all the activities.

May 13, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. I know the noise level can get high near Technical Support and the yoga room; we have the Juggling Club bouncing batons off the walls and dancers stomping to the beat ... More

Tech Support Review

I worked at MINDBODY

Pros

Very friendly and fun environment

Cons

Not really too many cons.

One of the best choices of my life.

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The entire company is amazing. Everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. It's like walking into a small town where everyone waves and and says hello. Your co-workers and higher ups deeply care for you and your position in the company. Everyone wants you to succeed.

You also get plenty of paid time off, $65/mo to spend on wellness services, and a smile on your face all day.

Cons

Too easy going sometimes. Everyone is given a chance which is a great thing, but this gives a lot of room for people to float by.

Take more time to meet with your teams and departments. Any time I've had interaction with management, Department head and higher, it's been great, but they rarely happen.

Jun 13, 2014Senior Director of Customer Service

Thank you for your feedback! And, thank you for your support of MINDBODY. I'm so happy you're happy and contributing to our success - we are all in this together and each person is so important to ... More

Great Company in a Great City

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Plenty of vacation
    - Onsite massage!!!
    - Career growth
    - Awesome people who all want to work here
    - In SLO which is a fantastic place to live

Cons

This company has a great set of core values and lives by them. There are a ton of hardworking people that operate behind the scenes here that deserve to be in the spotlight for what they do. I think Mindbody will get there as the company matures. There have been a ton of wins for development, marketing and sales recently so there is reason to celebrate those departments but there are also a ton of people driving the success company forward that aren't in those departments. We're just not as flashy or outgoing.

Everyone is doing a great job with where the company is at.

May 26, 2014Co-Founder & CEO

I agree completely. The MINDBODY Team is the best I have ever seen, much less had the privilege to lead. They are amazingly aligned and focused on the big goals we are pursuing, and there have been ... More

Ready to Move Forward

Current Employee - Best Practices Representative in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Best Practices Representative in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my first year learning about the company and culture. I enjoy the work-life balance. I appreciate my management eagerness to listen and help when needed. I LOVE THE PTO!

Cons

I don't think there is a set career path. I feel like there is a plateau that you hit in your current position and without a light at the end of the tunnel, or opportunities for advancement it hurts your day to day workflow. I know that in my personal experience, I have hit the milestones I can in my current position and I feel like there is no where for me to go. I have asked for more responsibility, sometimes I will get an extra project, but I want to learn the ins and outs of MINDBODY so I can be a more well-rounded employee. I know that many people in my position have left to try out new opportunities because there were no options at MINDBODY. The compensation could be better, MINDBODY is most cases pay their employees lower than the same position elsewhere.

Create new positions, or be able to give more responsibility to current employees. I love this company, but I want to grow as a person and be trusted with more.

May 26, 2014Co-Founder & CEO

I hear you. In my prior career, advancement opportunities were very important to me. This is why we have a strong "Promote From Within" principle at MINDBODY. We want people to have a great, long ... More