MINDBODY Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Data Conversion Specialist
    Current Employee - Data Conversion Specialist

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Environment, great people,great way of life!

Cons

None come to mind,great environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Mar 23, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Very to the point! Thank you for leaving this review!

A place for low pay and conformity

Former Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great, benefits are an A+. Like many, this was a way to get career experience and then move on to bigger paychecks at more stable and serious companies.

Cons

There's definitely a lot wrong with this picture. I finally figured out that Mindbody is a branding mastermind when it comes to making it sound like the career Emerald City, luring in poor recent Cal Poly graduates desperate to stay in beautiful San Luis Obispo and they'll take any job. Benefits are passed off as some magic deal instead of proper pay. There are a lot of people being taken advantage of here. Overall, it's not a professional environment. People wear yoga pants and entirely inappropriate clothes to the office, you're encouraged to drink, etc., and it's all in the name of company culture. Throw in the 10 commandments, I mean Core Values, and you have yourself a cult. You're encouraged to "be yourself" and "develop your career path", but don't be fooled-- the only way to be successful is to conform and don't speak up about anything. Upward movement is a joke even if you have the qualifications.

Advice to Management

Follow through with promises. Listen to the little guys. Upper management is quite out of touch and we all know it except for you (it's kind of embarrassing).

Great place to work

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

MINDBODY is a great place to work. It is awesome to work every day with clients to help them realize their dreams. MINDBODY's core values are not lip service. They are truly followed by everyone. Leadership genuinely cares about the employees. Beautiful location in San Luis Obispo, CA. Great benefits.

Cons

The usual pains associated with a fast growing company. Efforts in place to develop better systems to make sure everyone is in the know.

Feb 20, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this review! Your cons are right on and thanks for the constructive feedback. There are many initiatives going on right now to directly address what is needed when a company such as ... More

MINDBODY has a great overall culture and atmosphere with wonderful perks to the job.

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, like team buildings and 4 weeks PTO to start with. Core values and open atmosphere also provide for a great space to work in. Play hard but heavy work loads required of most positions.

Cons

Advice to Management

Only complaint is they have out grown several processes, they might have worked on a smaller scale when company wasn't so large but now need to change to better the company. Also, with it being a young atmosphere, people who are great in their positions move up, which is wonderful to promote within, but doesn't make them a good people manager, leader or teacher. Also, some higher ups are definitely not true to the core values of the company in the way they treat others below them and I think Rick would not be happy to know this as he does honestly live and believe in the core values, it is just unfortunate that some of the leaders of MB are not great role models in the way they communicate and act. This is a smaller percentage, as most everyone has been great.

Mar 9, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you so much for this review. It's true we've grown and old processes need some updating to help us scale. I know some departments feel the 'tightening up' more than others (scroll through, I ... More

6. My Tech Support one year review. Satisfying and demanding. Rewarding and exhausting.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MINDBODY inspires me in my goals and supports me in accomplishing those goals, in and out of the workplace.

Cons

I only have one, see below.

Advice to Management

Entry level compensation.

Mar 31, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honesty here. While we can't compete with Bay area wages our entry level positions are not below market. Sounds like you had a great review so hopefully your pay has changed for ... More

7. I love it! Friendly people, great atmosphere, good pay

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Good benefits Opportunities to move up

Cons

Competitive, but nothing to crazy A little out of the way (wish was more central to San Luis)

Feb 11, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the review! I have to say I'm not sure what you mean by more central to San Luis, maybe you mean downtown? We are a whole 2.5 miles from there :)

Great job for young person in transition

Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Coach in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Flexible. Healthy environment. Mindbody bucks to use at local businesses that use mindbody, so I can have gym membership nearly for free! Met a lot of great people and good resume builder.

Cons

The pay is not nearly as high as competing tech companies.

Advice to Management

Pay increases please!

Feb 11, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

We definitely hear you! Thank you for this review. Our starting wages are competitive with companies in our area and on top of that, you get your gym membership for free! Not to mention great ... More

The values of this company are unparallelled in Corporate America; revolving around total wellness for all.

Current Employee - Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, hands down. I've never worked in a place that is so continually positive, encouraging, and motivating. My coworkers, and superiors all seem to have the same goal in mind, and we are all working together to achieve it.

Cons

The incentive program is very deceiving. When I started, I was led to believe that my performance would be rewarded, and that there will always be room for growth. While I'm sure that is still true in theory, the reality is much different. Since I've started, I've earned multiple certifications, been part of numerous task forces to analyze our product and its impact on the market, and joined a pipeline. The pipeline program alone has me doing several of the tasks of a supervisor including mentoring new hires, and handling escalated clients. I've accomplished so much in my first year here, and my reward has totaled just over 40 cents.

Advice to Management

Cut costs somewhere else. I know for a fact that pay increases at one point were substantial. Now, I almost feel insulted. When a superior tells me that an increase is based on performance, then gives me an outstanding review, then tells me I'm not even earning a half dollar more than when I started, I am offended. I understand not encouraging employees to excel with money, but I also have a family that depends on me. An amazing culture can only go so far, before I start looking at other jobs in the industry that pay a substantial amount more, in order to provide for my family

Feb 16, 2015 – Vice President, Customer Service

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate the honesty and the opportunity to respond to concerns and provide recommendations to improve your outlook. MINDBODY has grown substantially ... More

Awesome company that actually stays true to its culture and core values

Current Employee - Product Development
    Current Employee - Product Development

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

i've been with the company now for just about 5 years, now work in Product Development, and it's been really awesome to watch the company grow. i've watched the company hire so many new people and teams double and triple in size, yet the company has been able to maintain its culture. It's awesome to see the CEO around the office and he not only knows many of the employees by name, but is friendly and approachable every time you see him. The company truly cares about its employees and treats us very well. The benefits are amazing and many, if not most decisions are run by employees before being made. Each department has their own nuances, but Prod Dev is truly an awesome place to come to work every day.

Cons

As we grow there are definitely more procedures and policies being put in place that feel a bit bureaucratic. Also many large decisions are made without a whole lot of planning or forethought, or research, so often times employees complain about MINDBODY always shooting from the hip.

Advice to Management

Really try to communicate the 'whys' behind large or quick decisions made- and be sure it trickles down to each and every employee.

Feb 11, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

This is great feedback for us, and we can tell you've put some genuine thought into what could make this a better place. We love that you shared this on Glassdoor with us. Some policies and ... More

11. Great Working Environment

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and managers. The benefits are top notch and lots of paid time off

Cons

Some Departments are harder to grow in

Advice to Management

Continually help refine skills and encourage growth

Feb 20, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review! You're right that department sizes vary. There might not be as many immediate opportunities in Business Development than there are in Sales or Product Development at the ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed