MIQ Logistics

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John E. Carr

A great place to work, freedom to make your own destiny

Director of Business Development (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMIQ is a flat organization and very entrepreneurial. The sales commissions are uncapped, so if you work hard the pay can be very lucrative. Not everyone succeeds in that type of work environment. The benefits are good and if you want to grow in your career the management is very helpful. The leadership has high integrity and I am able to stand behind what I sell, which is very important to me. I think work-life balance for sales is outstanding.

ConsNot every office has a great team, there are lots of bright spots around the country, but like any large organization there are weak links. The nature of a logistics company is sometimes you have to control costs, and not all levels of employees are compensated at the highest levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to incentivize the operations team more, give them more of an equity share in what they do, to help motivate performance.

Good Company

Logistics (Current Employee)
Amherst, NY

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsThe environment here is great. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I have been working here for a little over 6 months now and I'm still learning new things all of the time.

ConsSince you are working in relation with customs, you dont have many holidays off.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more direct instead of temp work.

Horrible company to work for if you are in sales!

Director of Business Development (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary and benefits are decent. Financial backing from their venture capital firm is solid and invests well into the company. We will have to see how long this will last.

ConsHorrible working environment in the Gardena office. Everyone gossips on each other and it is freely accepted in this office. Management is only concerned about themselves and has no respect for sales people. They are only interested in your database of customers that you add in CRM. The venture capital firm will eventually be flip this company to make a profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources needs to step in and stop the gossiping in their offices. It brings down morale and harbors a very hostile working environment.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MIQ Logistics is a company that makes hollow promises and offers unscrupulous expectations of employee commitment.

Import Coordinator (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time

ProsImmediate supervisor was very lenient, supportive and available when assistance for employees was needed.

ConsExtremely low pay for related field. Majority of coworkers exhibit rampant laziness, executing at most the bare minimum productivity relative to their position. Employees typically fail to take into consideration those working shift prior/after theirs; coordinated teamwork and directed contribution are nearly nonexistent. Upper management is for the most part disconnected from the lower echelon areas of operation. Ridiculous degree of turnover, with management's failure to address the causes for such; solutions involve primarily hiring temps to cover gaps in shifts which further tenders disorganization and inability for effective operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake serious consideration into reevaluating your business model. Structures that corrode at the base and left unaddressed greatly diminish future prospects and longevity.

Logistics Intern

Logistics Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at MIQ Logistics as an intern for less than a year

Pros-It was very casual and offers a flexible schedule
-Very routine based, could be good for people that are not free-thinkers

Cons-Very unstructured
-Management was very poor
-Job titles were overstated, I was essentially data filing, did not learn too much

Advice to Senior Management-Hold people accountable and hire more quality employees!
-Focus on quality!
-Engage your employees, many seemed as if they hated working there and were constantly miserable

Nice place to get experience

Overland Park, KS

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEnjoy the employees and they are down to earth and easy to talk with. Good location for the corporate headquarters. Lots of diversity in various jobs if you want to learn a lot of different job roles.

ConsRaises if anything are very small. Have to fight for a raise and they are not provided. No performance bonuses. The benefits aren't too bad but they dont offer tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with the people more and end the rumors. Offer incentive programs to the employees so they will work harder and provide a better product. Replace key positions when people resign from the company. It seems like nobody is getting replaced therefore more people quit due to this and it hurts the company more by loosing quality talent. Have more company sponsored events.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!

Import Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than a year

Prosnone come to mind. decent benefits.

Consnot the place to work if your looking for a rewarding career. no training, no advancement, no recognition. very disjointed and lacks management/direction. poor salary for this field. slackers are prevalent while hard work and dedication gets you nowhere. over the top favoritism! upper management is transparent and clueless. too many temps and turnover rate is high. they do not replace employees and expect everyone else to pick up the workload without compensation.

Advice to Senior Managementbe visible. show you care about the company as much as your good workers do! provide the tools and training for success. promote worthy talent.

No growth opportunities and very low moral.

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than a year

Prosthere are not many pros

Conslacks overall direction and talent

Challenging. Must adapt to an array of personality types. Supportive Management at Headquarters

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at MIQ Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement at headquarters in Kansas City is supportative and professional.

ConsCustomer for this location is challenging. Long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrosstrain employees. For management in Bolingbrook, Il - respect your employees.

Bored out of my mind

I have been working at MIQ Logistics full-time

Prosa very strict 40hrs per week

ConsMicromanagement is defined here at MIQ

Advice to Senior ManagementStep back and let the employees be crative

Worked for MIQ Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MIQ Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MIQ Logistics CEO John E. Carr. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by MIQ Logistics employees.