MISource

Darvin Boothe

Great Start to Your Career

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

The company gave me a solid week of training for my role. They provide you with everything you need to succeed. Solid (not over-the-top) salary with decent commission potential. 3 weeks vacation in first year. The upper management really does care and take the time to coach you and give advice.

Look, the staffing industry sucks a lot of the time but if you're going to give it a shot, MISource is a great place to do it.

Cons

Incredibly micromanaged, health insurance is not great

Give the employees a little more freedom - 2 check-in meetings everyday, 5 days a week is simply too much time wasted.

MiSource Review

Pros

There are unlimited opportunities to grow professionally. There is no micromanagement. and there is an energetic atmosphere.

Cons

There are no benefits, no raises. Recruiters are always happy to help in any way, only if you make the first move

Have benefits, and raises and be more professional with your employees.

Top Notch Firm

Pros

I have worked with a number of recruiting firms over my years. Most of them are indistinguishable. Impersonal Recruiters, careless support personnel and the feeling you are just a number. Having worked with the MISource team, from the Recruiters to the people who manage the client relationships, they are truly a gem. They care and treat you like a true professional, which is something that is hard to say about other people and other firms in the industry.

Cons

None that I can think of. As a smaller firm, some might see this as a 'con' but I think it helps build that personalized relationship.

Keep doing what you are doing to find people with such a great attitude toward the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Hard, Play Hard!

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Tampa, FL

Pros

If you want to work here you have to have a “Work Hard, Play Hard” mentality. We work hard during the week and celebrate on Friday’s with happy hour! Honestly, this isn’t a place for everybody. We have great company culture and the most helpful management staff, but management can only guide you in the direction of success. You are the only person that can help yourself meet that success. It takes a specific type of personality to work here. If you are the type of individual that tends to sit at your base salary and expect raises without working hard for the commission then this is not the job for you. All in all, I’m happy I made the decision to jump start my career at MISource!

Cons

None that come to mind.

Stay awesome!

Great place to work, fast paced environment.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

Exciting atmosphere as new positions come in every day, the salespeople are awesome to work with, the Kick off meeting at the Sandpearl was very impressive and got the year started on a good note.

Cons

As a mid size company you have to work a little harder for brand recognition among the contractors, but that's pretty easy to overcome.

Keep the contests coming, they add to the vibe of each day being a new challenge.

A great place to build a career.

Pros

When I saw a negative review on my company (no I don't own it or even manage it), I took it personal. First, although reviews are anonymous, I could probably match the reviews to people I worked with. As such, I can tell you that they were either not a match for a job or did not want to invest the effort into being successful. I can say, without a doubt, if you like what you do and are willing to invest in your future, MISource can get you there. Second, the compensation is competitive and the benefits are good. People who say otherwise do not understand the industry. Third, MISource is big enough to offer career opportunity, but small enough that you are not just another number. Finally, this is the third company I have ever worked for. I can say I don't just have coworkers, I have friends. We have fun, we push each other and after work, we hang out with each other.

Cons

From what I have seen, this is not the place for someone who fears change or prefers to keep the status quo, regardless. The owners and management team seem to be evaluating the business constantly and are willing to make changes for the betterment of the company. Having worked for a company that was unwilling to change, I know that refusal to change can lead to the demise of the company, so I don't see this as a con.

Don't lose sight of growth...the opportunity that comes with growth keeps many of us motivated.

Love coming to work!

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Plano, TX

Pros

MISource encourages everyone to be their own entrepeneur while giving the support and structure you can't get on your own. I find it very rewarding to know the harder I work the more I can make. It may not be for everyone but I want to know my income this year is going to be determined by me and no one else!

Great people to work with and the reward of helping people find work is the icing on the cake.

Cons

None that come to mind

Keep supporting our efforts and training us on the latest techniques and skills

Money and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

I have been with the company for several years as a top producer. Coming from a larger organization I took advantage of the amazing opportunity to make serious money. Over the last year our company has gone through a complete restructure for the better. The owners have done a wonderful job bringing in two key players from outside firms to lead the way in IT Staffing. With this change we have seen low performers phased out and a new supporting cast brought in. The senior leadership has dedicated much of there time to each individual's success and the growth of the company. I have already been tapped on the shoulder to assist them in future expansion as we take market share. Many people would say that we "shut down offices", "lost people left and right", but as a tenured associate I am very pleased with the new team and culture that has been created.

Cons

If you are an individual that is not competitive and/or not willing to take responsibility, stay away. We have "had" those people! I stand in the trenches daily with people willing to do what it takes, and we don't have time for people who simply want to collect a pay check.

Continue to build the amazing "Employee First" culture. The new leadership is paving the way for our company to build stable success and we recognize it.

Do not work here

Pros

Led me to a much better job with a real company.

Cons

The owners and upper management were horrible and extremely negative. The owners do not seem concerned about the happiness any of their employees. The average tenure of employees for this 14 year old company is 6 months.

Embrace the employees, find and accentuate the positives that your employees have to offer. Change the slogan from "uniting talent with technology" to "the stepping stone of the industry"

MISource is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

MISource is setting it's employees up for success. They have great leadership and a tremendous process. If you're willing to work really hard and want to make a lot of money this is the place for you! I've worked for other IT staffing companies that don't care about their employees and simply churn and burn through it's people. This company genuinely cares about its employees and goes out of their way to create a fun family first atmosphere.

Cons

None that I can think of...

Keep doing what you've been doing because it's working!

Worked for MISource? Contribute to the Community!