MKS Instruments

Be The First To
Add Photos

MKS Instruments President, CEO, and Director Leo Berlinghieri

Leo Berlinghieri

Outstanding company and colleges.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company, colleagues and benefits.

ConsNone that I can think of today.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont change a thing.

Awesome company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat place to work like a family

ConsManager and Upper Management need to share more info from the top and explain why they are restructuring the company. Also explain the benefits for changes and goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing info with employees and keep them well informed about the structure of the company

Assembler 3

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good company to work for.

ConsHave noting bad to say about MKS.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Technology company, questionable sales

ProsTop tier in technology development and manufacturing

ConsGlobal sales could not sell sophisticated products

Advice to Senior ManagementTravel and see your global operations monthly not bi-yearly

Solid Company but Risk Averse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent technology, strong market position, solid people, good work environment, company certainly matured in the 10+ years I was there

ConsGrowth strategy particularly beyond semiconductor vague and not well understood by employees; though company has some very strong, loyal employees, employees lack empowerment

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a more concise, cohesive strategy then deploy it down into the organization and once deployed, give people the tools and increased degrees of freedom but at same time, hold them accountable

Administration,

Administration (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI have experience administration with MKS over 3 years.

ConsWork with MKS beside the administration I have learn and got a lot of experience by my supervisor have teach me.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes I would like to advice to management.

It was a good place to work overall

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsEveryone is very friendly and open to questions

ConsTeam seem to have intra-company conflicts with its branches on different cities. Lots of blame game.
    Not a very challenging job

Advice to Senior ManagementY'all doing a great job

Watch me grow!

Senior Customer Service (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsFace paced environment that make a day just fly on by.

ConsTop heavy with all sorts of managers that like to spend the day in meetings.

Stable technology company with no debt and educated, mostly high achieving staff

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsMKS sells mostly to the semiconductor manufacturing equipment segment, so they are heavily involved in technology. However, very little of it is software-based; most of it (today) is hardware. Workforce is highly educated, mostly honest and high achievement pros, and management has done a good job in minimizing layoffs when the industry nosedives. Excellent salaries and benefits.

ConsInfrastructure in facilities and IT is way behind the market leaders, and training for anything doesn't exist (and is never approved in budgets). Company is also very centrally managed - VPs have to approve every expense over $10K, and there are a lot of those in a $1B company. Very little socializing between employees, so if you expect lots of after-work social events, this isn't a company where you would want to work. Last, promotions don't exist until you have been with the company a minimum of 10 years - very few opportunities for career development in any department.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse some of your cash hoard to upgrade buildings and the IT infrastructure, and then train all employees on using it properly. You might be surprised at how much your employees' productivity improves when they have software and hardware that is efficient and up to date.

Great company, but...

Assembler (Former Employee) Andover, MA

ProsThey higher great people and are easy to work for not a lot of stress in manufacturing.

ConsThe pay is horrible for this day and age, also they send our jobs other countries, thus why I am laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep our jobs here!!!!

Worked for MKS Instruments? Contribute to the Community!