MKTG

MKTG Reviews

Updated February 11, 2015
Updated February 11, 2015

Charlie Horsey

Pros
  • Great work environment, flexible schedule (in 5 reviews)

• For a part-time free lance job, there is always plenty of work to pick up (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours to be able to simply make your numbers (60-70 hours) (in 3 reviews)

• Your salary as a part time employee starts low (way lower than if you're a promo model) (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Promotional Model (PM)

Current Employee - Promotional Model in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Promotional Model in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at MKTG

Pros

25/hr. is awesome. Modest clothing for this company compared to other competitor companies. Management is always there on call to help and answer questions. Lots of training to make you feel comfortable

Cons

Some rude coworkers, handling clients that are annoying, drunk, or that hit on you. Not enough hours booked that you want. if you work alone it gets extremely boring.

Glorified Sampling Agency with High Turnover and Free Booze

Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY

I have been working at MKTG full-time

Pros

- You make 10-20% more working on the Diageo biz because they are the only client with a solid bonus structure in place: in return, you pay by never seeing your family
    -They have Summer Fridays and a fair vacation schedule including the week off between Christmas/New Years
    -Good job security as long as you're always working

Cons

-Working with Diageo is a nightmare with round the clock assignments. For a job with less hours, consider an Asian Sweatshop
    - You get trapped in the experiential world without having much exposure to digital and that limits your job options when want to see your family again and find a new job
    - When you bring in new business, the bonus/reward is a joke
    -Mediocre support: Strategy B- on a good day, Creative is a B+ with some moments of greatness, Production is a solid B and improving

- Move to an office with enough desks for everyone
    - Reward people who bring in a ton of business
    - Get a better finance department/system

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Lead Promotional Model in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Promotional Model in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MKTG

Pros

30-50 per hour for marketing And event promotions. Flexible schedule. Fun and exciting work environment.

Cons

Part time shifts only. Difficult payroll system to log into. Doesn't cover employee insurance. No 401k.

Alexis Thomas is an amazing person to work for, and I have enjoyed the working relationship that we have developed.

It's a great part time job.

Former Employee - Promotional Model in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Promotional Model in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MKTG part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can choose when you want to work. Works great with someone who is in school or looking for a second job.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to working here. It was great for my time there.

Lack of communication and growth opportunities

I have been working at MKTG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great clients to work with, and unique events. Just got bought by an international holding company, and management has said there should be opportunities to learn from coming up. Some colleagues are very experienced and wonderful to work with.

Cons

There is a strong fraternity, and they will not let outsiders in. There is not any interest in growing current employees to help them develop and become more valuable to the company. Very poor management in a satellite office.

Please talk the talk when it comes to developing your employees, it is one thing to say in a company meeting, it is another to actually follow through. Also, be aware of alienating other employees, more team building is necessary.

Freelance Producer

Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I worked at MKTG part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great resources, Snr VP of Production provided great direction and communication. Account department handled information well & worked well with production.

Cons

Creative department seemed to work in vacuum.

Greater communication between departments needed with a more active central authority to mediate & guide.

The best promotional marketing company I've worked for

Former Employee - Lead Promotional Model
    Former Employee - Lead Promotional Model

I worked at MKTG part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unbeatable pay for a part time position, the management is far more caring and involved than other companies I have worked for, the brands are high quality, they are great with supplying POS, uniforms, and making sure you are prepared before an event, and one of the only companies where I was not paid as an independent contractor. The lead promotional model position pays extra and really adds up once you are promoted to this position. Also, you get to choose when you work.

Cons

The management has favorites within the company who get their pick of events, in some seasons the work is not steady-- but this happens in most markets for promotional modeling.

Cool workplace

I have been working at MKTG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The perks you get from working are amazing from free bottles to free sneakers

Cons

managers are so insecure they don't want to teach you anything

Fast paced environment and always new information to learn.

Former Employee - Diageo Brand Ambassador in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Diageo Brand Ambassador in Norwalk, CT

I worked at MKTG part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a ton of information about all of the products they market. You don't work in an office, you work all around your territory and never have to sit in a cubicle. You get to meet and interact with consumers at on and off premise events. The pay is amazing for a "part time job" and you also get to keep the product you're selling.

Cons

There is zero upward mobility unless you know a friend that can help you move up. MKTG only hires attractive, female "brand ambassadors". They tell everyone when you start that you can go anywhere in the company if you work hard enough but I was working over 40 hours a week during one holiday season and the manager would roll over my hours onto my next pay check so I wouldn't be paid over time. They showed clear favoritism and while I was one of the favorites, I knew it was inappropriate and really unfair.

Promo Model

Current Contractor - Promotional Model in Stamford, CT
    Current Contractor - Promotional Model in Stamford, CT

I have been working at MKTG as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, and easy money

Cons

Sometimes you dont get booked at all

better communication