MMC Group

Add Photos

Doug Mitchell

Title of my review

Recruiter (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsI was offered a position with MMC Group after working in an environment that was extremely toxic to my health. At first I was really nervous to make the transition considering I was very comfortable with where I was at. I have now been here a little over 8 months and since my transition my life has drastically improved. Although my commute is longer only 5 minutes, I work with the most amazing group of peers I could ask for. Everyone I am around everyday is positive and fun. My director Nicole is an amazing person and works very hard to keep the business in line as well as her employees happy. I enjoy my work, and making people's lives better by placing them in employment opportunities that change their lives, and provide for their families! I would recommend MMC Group to anyone I know!!! Only apply here if you want to work in Heaven!!!!!

ConsToo many sweets and food around the office, I may or may not have gained 20 lbs since I started here :)

Advice to Senior ManagementLove ya!

IT was great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have numerous job offers available

Conshow long it takes to complete hiring process

Amazing Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsManagement is very transparent. The team works well together and cooperates. The entire staff is friendly and respectful to each other.

ConsIt's a little far from my home, but that's not the company's fault.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company to work for and growing fast.

ProsFlexibility and the people you work with. The director of recruiting knows what she is doing so having some drive the ship helps.

ConsSense of urgency lacking in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone all is going in the right direction

Great Company and Great People

Asset Manager (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsGood Pay, good experience with smart people

Conscontract work all over the country.

All lies

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsThe job is easy to do if you put (all) of your effort into it.

ConsThe management plays favorites.
    They require you to wear business clothing for very little pay and threaten you with being fired if you do not comply.
    Very demanding management.
    Pay drops after training to unlivable wage.
    Small working area.
    No time off work.
    Bad benefits. (medial, dental after 90 days)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to take care of the employees and they will return the favor.

GREAT COMPANY

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsI like the fact they are a temp agency who actually do the hiring for the companies! That says a lot about them...the fact that companies trust them enough to do the actual hiring!

ConsThe pay is minimal and in call center environments attendance is crucial!
    Go in with the right mind set and you will succeed!

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you all do a FANTASTIC job! I am glad you found me!

Very good

Clerical (Former Employee) Longview, TX

ProsThey keep you busy. When your contract is over they have another for you.

ConsYou might have to wait at least a week if they don't already have another job for you.

Work hard and for pennies get paid per phone call.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsThis job is not a long term job one would want to stay.

ConsThey will lie to you and tell you that you could make up to 20.00 dollars an hour, The truth is you will only end up making less than that.

Decent experience

Recruiter (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFamily owned. Not a large company in many cities. MMC is a one-location shop specializing in several markets. Beautiful office in great location (entire top floor of office building), recently acquired an e-filing company. Company definitely profitable. Some decent accounts.
    Different groups for recruiting: Technical, Professional, and Non-Tech (Call Center Recruiting).

ConsNo 401K match. Short tenure of Recruiting Directors (Usually changing every 9 months). Constantly changing comp plans, due to "budget issues". Lots of VMS accounts with no feedback. Upper level (CEO Level) management is not very visible. Sales team is not very aggressive in gaining new business. Upper management more concerned with hiring based on looks, than intelligence/experience (Would rather have a pretty face in seats, than someone with actual experience). Lots of hiring based on "friends in the business" and "I worked with them at another company". Recruiting is very metrics driven, although they do not require a certain amount of phone calls, like other companies. You are required to have a certain amount of submittals/interviews/hires, which is pretty much reachable if you are working on VMS accounts. Feedback isn't generally received/received WEEKS later if at all on many accounts.

Advice to Senior Management401K matching would be a huge plus to add to benefit program. Sales should be more aggressive at obtaining quick(er) feedback on accounts, and better relationship building with said accounts should be happening. Separate comp plans between different sectors of recruiting, as they are not the same volume of recruiting. More legitimate new business.

Worked for MMC Group? Contribute to the Community!