MMI Agency Reviews

MMI Agency CEO Benjamin Spiegel
Benjamin Spiegel

1. Upward momentum

I have been working at MMI Agency full-time

Pros

The spirit of "lets do amazing things" is felt in every meeting, moment and client interaction. The majority of the employees are excited about the momentum and want to build amazing activations. The work is intense but the offices are incredible and culture is a top priority.

Cons

Lots of junior people, highly motivated but still would love to see some more experienced people.

Advice to Management

Keep going

MMI Agency Response

Jun 8, 2015CEO

Thank you for your feedback. The spirit of “let’s do amazing things” is a priority and exactly what we hope our employees and clients feel in their day-to-day interactions with MMI. This is what I ... More

2. Great people / fantastic culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at MMI Agency full-time

Pros

- Fantastic culture
    - Great people to work with
    - Awesome things to do outside of work
    - Flexibility to accommodate life events
    - Exciting opportunity (leadership)

Cons

- No transparency regarding promotions
    - No clear path to follow in certain disciplines
    - Movement on accounts/teams
    - Inexperienced account teams

Advice to Management

Keep refining the boring and keep this a great place to work! Thanks!

3. Great work environment and people

Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at MMI Agency

Pros

The culture is ethnically diverse, youthful, and quite relaxed.
    As an intern who assisted almost everyone in the firm at some point, I didn't notice much politicking at all.
    Everyone is treated with respect no matter what your position is.
    They have a lot of fun office activities around holidays.
    Everyone is always friendly, talkative, and generally in a good mood.

Cons

During certain parts of the year there were more interns than work to do.
    Because the environment is pretty social (and sometimes employees here are friends/neigbors/church members of the boss), I noticed that if certain people weren't as well-liked as others, they seemed to make no real advancement.

Advice to Management

I don't have any! This is a great place to intern and be exposed to the marketing/ad/pr industry. Everyone that works here seems to love it.

5. Disorganized and lacking in a clear business style.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at MMI Agency

Pros

MMI was very understanding of my need for a work/life balance. They adjusted my schedule to allow me to miss rush hour and allowed me to leave as needed to take my son to the doctor. The pay was good, as were the benefits. I was given quite a bit of autonomy in managing my accounts, and they are committed to client service.

Cons

The management at MMI is not supportive in the least. Praise is rare, and more often they talk down to you and/or steal credit from you. Meetings are run like elementary school classes, and it is expected that employees will not be professional, so they are never treated like professionals. Although you're given quite a bit of autonomy, management will step into the middle of your project and change direction just for the sake of change. The creative work is also not held to the highest standards, and mediocre concepts were almost always considered good enough to send to clients. While I learned a fair amount at MMI, I was never proud that I worked there.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like professionals, and mentor them rather than talk down to them. Hire a creative director whose sole job it is to guide the creatives toward quality work. Be supportive of your employees--giving them respect will make them better and happier workers. Create a company people can be proud to work at. Oh, and make the building not look like an old storage facility inside. Very depressing.

RSS Feed </> Embed