MMS Reviews

CEO

Good Experience for an aspiring BMET

Former Employee - BME Technician Intern
    Former Employee - BME Technician Intern

I worked at MMS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was an BME Technician Intern at Modern Medical Systems. I worked with a BMET who serviced different types of medical machines and helped me learn how to perform PMs on them. The manager was very friendly and accommodating and always willing to help me learn. There is room for growth with years of experience in the company.

Cons

If this is what you like to do, then by all means it will be rewarding. I am not excited by this work but got an internship with them because I was proactive.

The management should cater to internship programs that will allow students to see what management within this company will also look like instead of just BMET internships.

Underwhelming - non-corporate contractor

Current Employee - BMET I
    Current Employee - BMET I

I have been working at MMS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Constant education opportunities
    Interesting
    Easy to find a place to earn work experience
    Friendly and accommodating hospital staff

Cons

Middle management does not understand how front line operates or feels, do not listen to employees, and do not resolve issues brought to them. Unionized, union branch does not focus on our specialty and does not seem interested in us at all beyond dues. Pay is somewhat on the low end of average. Too much equipment and too few technicians, some of whom barely do the minimum required. "Reward scheme" is nonexistent - hard workers have unreasonable expectations set of them and slackers are given free reign.

Equal treatment for all employees, fire the dead weight, spread the workload more fairly and evenly

Stressful Environment Upper Management needs to Go

I have been working at MMS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

General Staff are hard working and mostly Nice

Cons

CEO Hires Inexperienced Upper Managers to Supervise Highly Credentialed Professionals. Company has a very poor Reputation in the Industry as a result.

Management needs to learn to be more considerate of Workers who are clearly Superior in their knowledge of the Medical Business than They will ever be. They have let half of the Professional Workforce go in the past 2 years and kept the Slackers. Very Strange Place to work. Company Culture is such that if You aren't Friends with the CEO then Your Job isn't safe.

Dysfunctional Company

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at MMS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salaries are fair, talented individuals.

Cons

I have worked for MMS for 7 years. The turn-over rate is mind boggling. I have watched entire sales teams leave as well as 2 CFO's and countless operation staff members. The individual employees are talented and dedicated. The CEO and owner is an ego driven barbarian. I have seen him publicly humiliate office managers, site managers and regional managers. The company offers no resources for managers to achieve their goals. Management and individuals are blamed for issues instead of providing resources and process so they can achieve their goals. The CEO lacks the ability to drive and take the company to a productive level. The real problem is the CEO and lack of operational procedures, not individual staff members.

Get a new CEO