MOBILE NOW

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Disorganized company, poor new hire training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hours are flexible and you can put in the hours you need....because you are going to need to compensate for lack of commission due to chargebacks!!

ConsChargebacks will kill your commission and the way the system is set up...you are always getting a chargeback for something!!
    The worse new hire training I have experienced...what they need to teach you (systems)...you learn while on the floor. And the time to learn a transaction is not when a customer is standing in front of you!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better systems to prevent chargebacks from occurring and get more district mgrs to cover your territories so the store mgrs won't feel like they have no back up.

Very good job that went downhill quickly.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Media, PA

ProsAs a previous manager, when you hit your goal, you were paid well.

ConsInventory counts, 2x per day. Costly chargebacks for things beyond your control, such as a customer cancelling service and keeping the phone. Upper management is poor. They believe the marrow mack sales system works beyond a marginal measure. It forces a militant style of sales. Sales reps are forced to sell "advanced products" such as sprint phone connect and tablets, or they dock your commission, even resulting you forfeiting hard earned money.They force customers into paying the first months bill, and the activation fee in store. Just like sprint itself this company is going down the toilet.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you feel as though reps will steal from underneath you two things need to happen. 1) pay people a decent wage and commission. 2) stop hiring from craigslist and other shady people whom you do not trust.
    Allow managers to have a decent work life balance, if a manager cannot trust the staff to perform whether they are present or not says you need to replace the reps. Dont force mandatory weekends.

Worst Company I've Ever Experienced

Wireless Expert (Former Employee)

ProsThere are very little pros. You CAN make DECENT money here, but it's not worth it.

ConsThis will not be one of those reviews where I just bash the company because I got fired. I put in a two weeks notice after working there for 17 months. I was the longest tenured employee in the District (that included my three District Managers I had while working there). I had SIX -six- *SIX*, different managers in my year and a half of being employed. I'm owed over $1,300 in overtime that they claimed "Did not fall into their pay period".

Initially, though, I loved this job. I made great money and there wasn't a ton of micro-management. Of course, I'm one to work as much as I'm needed without complaining, and they liked that at first. After seeing all my co-workers get fired for various reasons, I became uneasy. I worked with, and I'm not exaggerating, 25 different employees my duration of employment. Also, the DM FORCED, yes forced, me to work in a store OVER THREE HOURS AWAY without any compensation for gas or driving.

There's a million other things I could say (DAILY, unpaid, required, conference calls, unrealistic sales expectations, etc etc etc), but I'll leave it at this.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none. This company can't be helped at this point.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't understand how they are allowed to operate and do business

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsNone if I could have given 0 stars I would've

ConsEveryting about it is a Con

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit now

stepping stone to something better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMobile now is generous with their paid time off after the first year. They constantly run promotions with bonus potential.

ConsThe hours suck and the opportunities to move up are limited. Chargebacks also suck.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Not Bad

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA

ProsHigh demand in the wireless arena

ConsCompensation changed 3 times in a year

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter promotions and bundles

It was terrible

Wireless Expert (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI liked that the training program was allowed to be done at home. It prevented the hassle of having to drive to a location that is far out of the way.

ConsInconstancies in upper lever management. I was constantly being called by HR to answer questions pertaining to issues and controversies. There was never a positive work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a decision and stick to it. Employees aren't happy means that customers will give horrid results on surveys.

Bad Company!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsEasy to get employment. Basic walk up interview accepted.

ConsCompany takes from its employes commission on everything. Bad leadership. High turn over rate. Average employee less than 6 months. Average commission in area less than $400 per rep each month with a so called uncapped possibility...Hint, the never hit quota!

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave....if you can!

No Employee Loyalty, Take money out of your check

Wireless Expert (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsIf you are in a good location, you make money.

ConsUnrealistic expectations when employees have little control over it. When things go right, they say nothing, but if things aren't going right all the sudden put all these pressures on you like making cold calls and threaten you with write ups. Willing to get rid of anyone at anytime for any reason, even their top people. They used to be simply wireless...look them up. They are scammers. They take money out of your paycheck for almost everything. They tell you you can be a manager, but give you manager duties while making $8/hr and leave you hanging forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn ethics and good business.

Took away a lot of good from a lot of bad

Wireless Expert (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

Proscommission, no cap on how many phones you can sell, being able to satisfy the customers, and build clientele through recommendations

ConsA lot of politics in my opinion. If you was your own person and had your own but yet sensible way of doing things then there was a problem. I did not agree with how the store managers were allowed to run home, go to bars, and hang around at other stores while ON the clock when they had employees back at their store getting slammed by customers for being understaffed. Managers threatened your job if you did not come in on your day OFF and worked OFF the clock. There was never anyone legit enough to reprimand anyone for all of the fraud that was being committed, very biased, and managers would see to it that you had a bad day if you did not clock them in and out while they was late or wasn't at the store. This Company lost a lot of good people who really took care of the customers!

Advice to Senior Managementstart looking into your management. It's not always the employees who are in the wrong

Worked for MOBILE NOW? Contribute to the Community!