MOBILE NOW

Updated February 25, 2015
1.5

CEO
1 Rating

It is a good opportunity great learning experience.

I have been working at MOBILE NOW

Pros

I love what I do. I love the people that I get to help on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes the job can be challenging as dealing with the public can be. But I enjoy the challenge of new or challenging situations.

Be fair to all employees as well as aplicants. Give the chances that you have asked for to others also.

Not Bad

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High demand in the wireless arena

Cons

Compensation changed 3 times in a year

Better promotions and bundles

Rewarding! Learned a lot about industry.

Former Employee - District Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - District Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at MOBILE NOW

Pros

Great training, development, and rewarding Experience. Decent money if goals are met, but have to put the dedication in.

Cons

Goals are high, sometimes too high to hit. More negative than praise. Work vs. Home life very unbalanced.

More praise and understand Managers have a life and family they would like to see. Less micromanaging.

fun work but high stress

Current Employee - Repair Tech in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Repair Tech in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (less than a year)

Pros

fixing phones, learning, hands on experience with new devices, good pay, opportunity for lots of commission and bonuses, good work hours for a retail location,

Cons

appears to have high turn over rate, some bonus metrics just far enough out of reach, some policies make transactions harder to accomplish and leave customers feeling angry and lied too. communication between company and corporate partner appear weak, also leading to customer confusion as they are told we can perform task here under the impression we are a corporate location when we are not and cannot complete the task for the customer per company policy. angry customers, and slew of ways to acquire charge back which result in loss of bonuses and compensation. computers are out of date, very slow and crash frequently, other repair equipment is failing, waiting for upgrades and repairs.

more positive reinforcement for employees, become more organized and make task easier to complete in the store for the sake of the customers and employees.

stepping stone to something better

I worked at MOBILE NOW

Pros

Mobile now is generous with their paid time off after the first year. They constantly run promotions with bonus potential.

Cons

The hours suck and the opportunities to move up are limited. Chargebacks also suck.

pay more

Great opportunity, limited potential to reach it.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commission structure appears significant, potential for advancement, significantly growing company, large corporate backing (Simply Wireless), cellular experience, sales experience

Cons

Sales goals are difficult to reach and as a manager are consistently raised. Company is profit oriented, and expects high turnover. Therefore they spend limited time training employees or giving them the time of day on complaints. MobileNow would rather replace an employee than attempt to resolve an issue. Small mistakes can result in losing full commission checks and working for base: $16,000/yr. They do not have policies in place to protect employees from mistakes, and do not train them well enough to prevent them.

Improve training process, implement programs to protect employees from chargebacks. Multiple employees quit because they "owed" the company money after working a full month. A single chargeback can be more than a commission check, regardless if it is made within your first 90 day period.

Disorganized company, poor new hire training

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time

Pros

The hours are flexible and you can put in the hours you need....because you are going to need to compensate for lack of commission due to chargebacks!!

Cons

Chargebacks will kill your commission and the way the system is set up...you are always getting a chargeback for something!!
    The worse new hire training I have experienced...what they need to teach you (systems)...you learn while on the floor. And the time to learn a transaction is not when a customer is standing in front of you!!

Get better systems to prevent chargebacks from occurring and get more district mgrs to cover your territories so the store mgrs won't feel like they have no back up.

It was terrible

Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Charlotte, NC

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I liked that the training program was allowed to be done at home. It prevented the hassle of having to drive to a location that is far out of the way.

Cons

Inconstancies in upper lever management. I was constantly being called by HR to answer questions pertaining to issues and controversies. There was never a positive work place.

Make a decision and stick to it. Employees aren't happy means that customers will give horrid results on surveys.

Took away a lot of good from a lot of bad

Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (more than a year)

Pros

commission, no cap on how many phones you can sell, being able to satisfy the customers, and build clientele through recommendations

Cons

A lot of politics in my opinion. If you was your own person and had your own but yet sensible way of doing things then there was a problem. I did not agree with how the store managers were allowed to run home, go to bars, and hang around at other stores while ON the clock when they had employees back at their store getting slammed by customers for being understaffed. Managers threatened your job if you did not come in on your day OFF and worked OFF the clock. There was never anyone legit enough to reprimand anyone for all of the fraud that was being committed, very biased, and managers would see to it that you had a bad day if you did not clock them in and out while they was late or wasn't at the store. This Company lost a lot of good people who really took care of the customers!

start looking into your management. It's not always the employees who are in the wrong

Horrible Culture!

Current Employee - Manager in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Jackson, TN

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good money for 6 months...Then quotas get unobtainable

Cons

the company takes no risk...the rep takes it all.....do not expect help or compassion when it comes to chargebacks of $600 plus on a regular basis which takes all commission..absolutely the worst thing I've ever seen