MOBILE NOW Reviews

1.4
CEO

1. great stepping stone

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great to work hard and move up quick

Cons

take money, no loyalty, no trust , no one in upper management know what they are doing, and very very high turnover rate they are always hiring

Advice to Management

use this job to help find better job NOW

2. I should have paid attention to the previous reputations

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many. Payroll was mostly on time.

Cons

Set up from the opening. Store manager promoted to DM. No support. Thrown under the bus. No loyalty. I turned them down 3 times before they threw more money. Still should have stayed away.

Advice to Management

Tried to quit, they threw money and promoted to DM. Had a 500+ mile territory. Set up for failure when they didn't want to support me any more, terrible career decision.

3. Horrible job.

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

It's a job They pay you on time. Stepping stone place of employment

Cons

Horrible employee treatment Lies to entice hiring employees No follow through with advancement Rampant issues with theft Poor communication from HR Payroll etc Minimum Wage Unrealistic quotes to meet commissions If you don't reach commission qualifiers even if you sold 100 devices you receive no bonus.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees better. Commit to a clear direction Follow through with your commitments to employees

5. QUINTILE 1 GO TO HELL!!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People to suffer with!

Cons

The Pay, The Commission, The BS, The District, The overall Crazy!

Advice to Management

If You are going to dish out sooo much CRAZY PAY PPL BETTER!!

6. Terrible.

I have been working at MOBILE NOW (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely nothing good about working here

Cons

Everything about this company is terrible.

7. Not as bad as people say

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good earning potential growth potential and fun people if your in the right store lots of trainings so you keep learning

Cons

Charge backs and managers have very little power most chargebacks are disputable if you pay attention to your email and catch it in time most chargebacks are legitimate errors that were made

Advice to Management

Give managers more power and have them focus on helping there employees and managing the store instead of having to sell as well

8. Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cary, NC

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good college job, upward mobility, good intro to sales.

Cons

Inconsistent and threatening management (job threatened constantly), pay is lower than promised on paper, high pressure sales, CHARGEBACKS (take money out of your check). Company is profit machine, does not care about customers or employees. HIGH turnover.

Advice to Management

Become customer and employee focused. Do not threaten jobs unless you want them to leave.

9. Good people, horrible procedures

Current Employee - Wireless Expert in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Wireless Expert in Charlotte, NC

Pros

You met some good people and have the ability to network depending on your location.

Cons

Chargebacks can ruin a commission check you may have thought you had, some policies and procedures they've had will help you lose customers to competition, their were onlu 2 of us working for a while so the if either of us had an off day shifts were 12hrs. Try that for 2-3 days in a row.

Advice to Management

Change policies so your employees don't get penalize so much for chargebacks, HIRE more people so shifts aren't so long, be more competitive.

Please avoid working here at all costs. working at mcdonalds would probably be better.

Current Employee - Wireless Expert
    Current Employee - Wireless Expert

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission potential. Easy job. Easy to leave when you finally get a good job.

Cons

1. they fwill charge you back for things that are out of your control (warehouse errors, cancelation of service) 2. horrible upper management structure 3. only focus on negatives. no positive reinforcement when employees go above and beyond. 4. many stores don't have a proper breakroom/refrigerator/microwave so if you actually have the chance to take a break, you have to always eat out or in the bathroom. 5. a corporate office that would rather save money than fix major maintenance issues that affect the employees and customers. 6. blatant favoritism from managers to employees 7. outdated technology that crashes every 5 minutes 8. they force you to work when there is 6" of snow and everything around you is closed. 9. micromanagement is absurd 10. too many unnecessary tasks to complete

Advice to Management

Get rid of chargebacks. don't allow employees to sleep with upper management to guarantee their position when they're not doing their job properly. follow through with what you promise. stop lying just to get people in the door. pay fairly. do a thorough training so people actually know what they're doing when they start.

11. Mobile Now is a bunch of CROOKS..Too bad I can't give ZERO stars

Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert in Aiken, SC

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros. You are working inside, a semi climate-controlled building(upper management would rather not use AC). I worked next to Atlanta Bread Company, which provided free WIFI(Mobile Now did not)

Cons

Management love to steal from their employees. If something was shoplifted, YOU have to pay for it. If someone buys a phone and don't pay their bill, better believe YOU will pay for that phone. This conniving thievery is what Mobile Now calls chargebacks. There is no work/life balance, work every weekend. I have worked from opening to close, many times. Hourly pay at that time was $8.00 an hour, don't think YOU are going to earn commission...see chargebacks. YOUR hard work and dedication goes into upper management's pocket. I could go on and on....DO NOT TRY TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Advice to Management

Advice to management. I am sure this will not get posted if I type what I am feeling. I can say this, hopefully within the next few years this so-called company will go bankrupt.

RSS Feed </> Embed