MOBILE NOW Reviews

Updated August 3, 2014
Updated August 3, 2014

1.6

CEO

fun work but high stress

Current Employee - Repair Tech  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Repair Tech in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

fixing phones, learning, hands on experience with new devices, good pay, opportunity for lots of commission and bonuses, good work hours for a retail location,

Cons

appears to have high turn over rate, some bonus metrics just far enough out of reach, some policies make transactions harder to accomplish and leave customers feeling angry and lied too. communication between company and corporate partner appear weak, also leading to customer confusion as they are told we can perform task here under the impression we are a corporate location when we are not and cannot complete the task for the customer per company policy. angry customers, and slew of ways to acquire charge back which result in loss of bonuses and compensation. computers are out of date, very slow and crash frequently, other repair equipment is failing, waiting for upgrades and repairs.

more positive reinforcement for employees, become more organized and make task easier to complete in the store for the sake of the customers and employees.

It is a good opportunity great learning experience.

I have been working at MOBILE NOW

Pros

I love what I do. I love the people that I get to help on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes the job can be challenging as dealing with the public can be. But I enjoy the challenge of new or challenging situations.

Be fair to all employees as well as aplicants. Give the chances that you have asked for to others also.

Very good job that went downhill quickly.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Media, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Media, PA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a previous manager, when you hit your goal, you were paid well.

Cons

Inventory counts, 2x per day. Costly chargebacks for things beyond your control, such as a customer cancelling service and keeping the phone. Upper management is poor. They believe the marrow mack sales system works beyond a marginal measure. It forces a militant style of sales. Sales reps are forced to sell "advanced products" such as sprint phone connect and tablets, or they dock your commission, even resulting you forfeiting hard earned money.They force customers into paying the first months bill, and the activation fee in store. Just like sprint itself this company is going down the toilet.

If you feel as though reps will steal from underneath you two things need to happen. 1) pay people a decent wage and commission. 2) stop hiring from craigslist and other shady people whom you do not trust.
    Allow managers to have a decent work life balance, if a manager cannot trust the staff to perform whether they are present or not says you need to replace the reps. Dont force mandatory weekends.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't understand how they are allowed to operate and do business

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MOBILE NOW

Pros

None if I could have given 0 stars I would've

Cons

Everyting about it is a Con

Quit now

Worst Company I've Ever Experienced

Former Employee - Wireless Expert
    Former Employee - Wireless Expert

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are very little pros. You CAN make DECENT money here, but it's not worth it.

Cons

This will not be one of those reviews where I just bash the company because I got fired. I put in a two weeks notice after working there for 17 months. I was the longest tenured employee in the District (that included my three District Managers I had while working there). I had SIX -six- *SIX*, different managers in my year and a half of being employed. I'm owed over $1,300 in overtime that they claimed "Did not fall into their pay period".

Initially, though, I loved this job. I made great money and there wasn't a ton of micro-management. Of course, I'm one to work as much as I'm needed without complaining, and they liked that at first. After seeing all my co-workers get fired for various reasons, I became uneasy. I worked with, and I'm not exaggerating, 25 different employees my duration of employment. Also, the DM FORCED, yes forced, me to work in a store OVER THREE HOURS AWAY without any compensation for gas or driving.

There's a million other things I could say (DAILY, unpaid, required, conference calls, unrealistic sales expectations, etc etc etc), but I'll leave it at this.

I have none. This company can't be helped at this point.

Disorganized company, poor new hire training

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time

Pros

The hours are flexible and you can put in the hours you need....because you are going to need to compensate for lack of commission due to chargebacks!!

Cons

Chargebacks will kill your commission and the way the system is set up...you are always getting a chargeback for something!!
    The worse new hire training I have experienced...what they need to teach you (systems)...you learn while on the floor. And the time to learn a transaction is not when a customer is standing in front of you!!

Get better systems to prevent chargebacks from occurring and get more district mgrs to cover your territories so the store mgrs won't feel like they have no back up.

stepping stone to something better

I worked at MOBILE NOW

Pros

Mobile now is generous with their paid time off after the first year. They constantly run promotions with bonus potential.

Cons

The hours suck and the opportunities to move up are limited. Chargebacks also suck.

pay more

Bad Company!

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get employment. Basic walk up interview accepted.

Cons

Company takes from its employes commission on everything. Bad leadership. High turn over rate. Average employee less than 6 months. Average commission in area less than $400 per rep each month with a so called uncapped possibility...Hint, the never hit quota!

Leave....if you can!

Not Bad

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at MOBILE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

High demand in the wireless arena

Cons

Compensation changed 3 times in a year

Better promotions and bundles

No Employee Loyalty, Take money out of your check

Current Employee - Wireless Expert  in  Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Wireless Expert in Newark, DE

I have been working at MOBILE NOW full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are in a good location, you make money.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations when employees have little control over it. When things go right, they say nothing, but if things aren't going right all the sudden put all these pressures on you like making cold calls and threaten you with write ups. Willing to get rid of anyone at anytime for any reason, even their top people. They used to be simply wireless...look them up. They are scammers. They take money out of your paycheck for almost everything. They tell you you can be a manager, but give you manager duties while making $8/hr and leave you hanging forever.

Learn ethics and good business.

Worked for MOBILE NOW? Contribute to the Community!