MOCON Reviews

1.9

MOCON Chairman, President, and CEO Robert L. Demorest
Robert L. Demorest

I approve of CEO.
    Likable CEO, sadly doesn't really know who's leading so e of his divisions

Former Employee - Sales  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MOCON full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got the right ideas and strong financials to support company

Cons

Outdated and fearful team leaders (either too old to try it or too inexperienced) that don't want to explore market opportunities in order to fit into boys club right away and keep job or no interference with their retirement plan. Go for the easiest and less painful route, no risk whatsoever!

Out of hundreds of employees, you have one Oriental, one African American, one Latino, one "Russian". And most important jobs held by men, white men. It's 2014. Even if discharge of an employee, allow for an exit interview - so you don't expose these suggestions to the world. You have the right intentions, but have to look under table more often and most, please, spend time with your customer. You'll learn so much more!

Used, mocked and lied to......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MOCON full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A paycheck, gain some experience, make a few friends.

Cons

My mother always told me that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. Its a tough company and management takes pride in being tough. They mistaken tough for brutality.

You are the kings with no cloths. Get off your high horses and put some cloths on. Start with a outfit of humility and a bit of compassion if you can stomach it.

Public Company Run Like Family Business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MOCON full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is financially stable and is growing.

Cons

Customers think company is arrogant and products over priced. Executives earn way more than employees and act like royalty. Executives tend to hire insiders. Extremely political place to work. Very poor leadership.

Managers and employees often skipped over for positions. Company offers no career plan.

Benefits fair but very expensive. Basically dead end place to work. Turnover of good employees is constant.

Attitude, morale and motivation of current employees is very low. Pay much better for new hires than for employees who stay with company.

Loose the arrogant attitudes and stereotypes, keep your promises, hire qualified leaders, promote from within, respect experience, and better reward your employees especially those who have stuck with the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employed at Wil

Current Employee - Anonymous Until I Find A Job  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Until I Find A Job in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MOCON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Product. Good team under management level.

Cons

Arrogant to customers. Get used to disappointing customers for things you cannot control. Good employees are let go with no notice and invalid reasons.

I fear HR’s witch-hunt methodology and will be leaving once I find a real job.

Micro-management with cigar smoke included.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at MOCON full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good overall benifit packages. Good location in relation to access to freeways/commute. Growth industry. New Technolgies and R and D.

Cons

Silo mentality of other departments, getting help that isn't patronising, very specialised products that no one has really spent the right amount of time to design. Documentation, products, manufacturing is basically "getto rigging" and hot wiring to get it done so you have to spend considerable time trying to figure out why in the hell they did it that way back in the 50s. The pay blows for the job assigned. NO COOPERATION.

Human Resources has "Hall Monitor" syndrom.

Stop reminding people your a genius and listen more.

A family like culture with great prospects - world leader plans to stay on top

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at MOCON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great, even the executive team is approachable. Seeing some smart and much needed internal changes which makes me feel very positive about MOCON's future.
    Serious longevity here as well(40, 30 -25 yrs)- people like to stick around for a reason.

Cons

Sometimes the longevity creates change resistance and a sense of entitlement.

Shore up your management team and listen to those with prior manufacturing experience. Time to take of the "MOCON blinders" a bit more to expedite some efficiencies.

Worked for MOCON? Contribute to the Community!