MOM Brands

Updated February 6, 2015
Updated February 6, 2015
3.2

Chris Neugent

MOM Brands is a great company who continues to help families save money.

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MOM Brands has Great culture and values

Cons

Small, private company in a tough category

We just found out we were purchased by post holdings hopefully it will be a positive change for our facility.

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people that make the cereal are very good at what they do and treat each other with respect.

Cons

Cutting the work force with Temps and getting away from what made our company successful .

All the new tools you are using are just a dog and pony show, the regular worker does not even look at the numbers .

In Steady Decline

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, good flexibility, good overall compensation

Cons

Too top heavy, workload is becoming excessive

Take a hard look at senior management and the value they are bringing to the company compared to the people who actually DO the work.

A growth company sliding from a great to average place to work.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time

Pros

A company with long-term growth and stability, MOM also has a great culture of growth, improvement and support. Many long-term employees that really know their stuff and show the quality of the company.

Cons

There's a disconnect between the production floor and mid to upper management, leading many in production to have a poor attitude toward MOM and reminisce of the 'good old days.' Benefits and job security have taken a hit over the last couple of years.

Take time to repair the rift between the floor and the office. When rolling out a new program or system, take the needed time to get everyone's buy-in instead of dropping it in and moving onto the next big thing.

Great coworkers who look out of each other.

I have been working at MOM Brands

Pros

Flexible and opportunities to do your best work.

Cons

Business priorities sometimes change frequently.

We used to be part of a family, now we are just employees.

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

MOM Brands delivers what they promise to the consumer. A Better Breakfast at a Better price . . . because of their employees. The quality is there, the products are simply better . . . because of the employees. A price point that is comfortable for many families is there . . . because of the employees and their sacrifices and hard work. From farm to spoon, all of the employees that work at MOM Brands to get a better breakfast at a better price to the customer sincerely cares. And it shows. Most of us are customers as well as employees. We get up early, or go in late, many of us away from our families for 12 - 14 hrs a day. This is the greatest place I've ever worked . . . because of the employees.

Cons

When I started almost 15 years ago it was more like being adopted into a family than starting a job. It felt like we were all in it together. Like we were really out to work together, building a great company with a mission to make life a little bit better for our customers (our friends, and family) and in the meantime create a stable financial situation for ourselves, all of us. That has changed. I think it's more about the money for the "company" now. Our hours have been cut. Thanksgiving and Christmas bonuses eliminated. Incentive bonuses are a distant memory. One hundred of our friends up in the office were shown the door. Many of our friends on the floor are leaving and taking years of knowledge and irreplaceable experience with them and we are left to struggle to pick up the pieces after them. Now we are losing high level employees as well. Perhaps I'm naive, but I feel as though I've lost my family.

Please give us a reason to be engaged. We want to be. We are still here because we care. Bring back Malt-O-Meal. I don't want to leave, I don't know how to do anything besides make cereal.

Used to be 5 Stars

Former Employee - Technical in Northfield, MN
    Former Employee - Technical in Northfield, MN

I worked at MOM Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, great products, friendly culture and an overwhelming drive from the floor to make the company better. Everyone on the wants to help.

Cons

The leadership team is not well chosen to lead this company. They are not necessarily bad, just bad for this company. They keep trying to change it into the same type of business that Malt-O-Meal used to beat. They have horribly disfigured a beautiful company that already had so much courage and spirit. Really sad. Murdered by ignorance.

If you all packed up and left, I have 100% confidence that the people left behind would pick up the pieces and make things right. They don't need you. Seriously. I'm certain they would change the name back to Malt-O-Meal too. The MOM Brands name is an abomination.

Great Company, Great experience!

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at MOM Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Management really cares about employee welfare and safety. Good work/life balance. Company promotes healthy lifestyles.

Cons

Company is growing in a dynamic market and often this results in some chaos. Long term strategy/business plan seems to be lacking.

A small fish wanting to swim in a big pond.

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time

Pros

The company offers a great benefit package to attract great employees. It wants to be a big player in the cereal industry. Company is (trying) to move towards this goal.

Cons

Office culture is highly political. Be in the right crowd and you're golden. Be outside this crowd and advancement opportunities are minimal. Some management is difficult to work with due to their affinity for their allegiances.

Put management in place that doesn't evaluate employees on their allegiances but rather the work they do. Reward employees with roles that stimulate thought and creativity not stifle it.

Ok place to do ok work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT

I have been working at MOM Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ok place to do ok work!

Cons

Can't trust the senior leadership!!! The management is out of touch with what is going on in the plants

MOM Brands Photos