MOUNTAIN LTD. Reviews

CEO

1. Experience

Current Employee - Outside Plant Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Outside Plant Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

The team I have worked with are amazing and I have had very knowledgeable coaches and supervisor, I only hope other engineers are as lucky as I am to be part of such a great organization and team! Open door policy, if you are struggling with something just ask for help and someone will be there to help guide you. It truly is a great place to work and grow.

Cons

I have gained great experience and knowledge. I have contributed my my work experience and skills to different telecom companies.

Advice to Management

I have been lucky to be working with Susan Tauber at Mountain, LTD.

2. I have worked for Mountain for 2 1/2 years and have enjoyed the work and the positive feedback I have recieved.

Current Employee - OSP ENGINEER in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - OSP ENGINEER in Bangor, ME

Pros

I get good feedback(good and bad) from both my project manager and my recruiter.

Cons

The work as a contractor is unpredictable, but that is the market, not the company.

Advice to Management

None

3. Communication is great, Management is Friendly.

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Madison, WI
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Madison, WI

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a Contractor for Mountain LTD. Mountain LTD is a Good place to Contract for. I enjoy the friendly atmosphere and great communication between Management and Employees. When I have a question, It is always answered in a timely manner and never shoved aside. I enjoy keeping in touch with my recruiter, as she had faith in my Skills, and placed me on a very Friendly team of people. I appreciate that my hard work was, and still is recognized, which is not seen often in this day and age. Mountain Pays weekly, which is very helpful when it comes to bills. Mountain is Family friendly, and flexible, when I need to take my son to an appointment It is OKAY, as long as I make my time up, or take that time as unpaid. I overall Just enjoy the freedom that Mountain LTD gives you, as long as you are working hard and doing your job you are able to go to a doctors appointment over lunch (take time off or make it up) or go out to eat with a friend. At Mountain your hard work is very appreciated and many times you are rewarded for it... Maybe its a pay raise, maybe its a pat on the back, or a Card in the mail....but you are recognized and It makes you feel part of the team.

Cons

My main concern with working for Mountain Ltd, is that In order to get Paid Sick time, employees that are Contractors like myself would need to take a pay-cut. This means that a check would be short if my child was sick, or even myself. Something that Is definitely hard to deal with. Also the health insurance is quite expensive for Contractors.

Advice to Management

Would be nice to see at least a couple days of sick time per year.

5. Love working with Mountain!

Current Employee - Drafter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Drafter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only place I have worked where I am called out of the blue just to see how I'm doing. Always help when I need it.

Cons

Never know if I will have work tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Management I have dealt with, keep doing what your doing. I will always give my best.

6. Bring your best!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Gloucester, ME

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company really values the employees. We have fun contests (Shark Week, Fall Carnival, Turkey Auction) and activities (Scavenger Hunts, Cook-Offs, Bowling Parties)! Our insurance only continues to improve since I started here. We have been through a few changes with our corporate structure and the future is very promising. I feel like my future here is up to me to determine. My manager is easy to talk to and receptive with requests to grow in my career. I really enjoy the people here and look forward to coming to work. When people complain about their jobs, I have a difficult time relating.

Cons

If I don’t make my life outside of work a priority, I could work 24/7 and still not get it all done. The atmosphere can be demanding and everyone expects a lot out of each other. Not the environment for someone unwilling to roll up their sleeves and help makes things happen. Our vision insurance could have more providers in our area- but, we have vision care.

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing the efforts of your employees. The hand written notes mean a lot!

7. Get your runnning shoes on!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Gloucester, ME

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for some time now, and it’s been a wild ride! Not always easy, but I’ve learned more about business dealings working at MOUNTAIN, LTD™ , then any other job I’ve ever had. You have an opportunity to work with fortune 100 companies and get in the mix with executives that are the captains of their industry. There are uncapped commissions for sales and recruiting, plenty of opportunities for education. 401k with employer contributions, medical, dental, PTO, Holiday, vacation time. This is the type of company where creativity, drive, and passion will take you places.

Cons

Call reports are the bane of my existence.....seriously; I wish they would get rid of them. So much for anonymous :) Kidding aside, there are challenges at this job that can get overwhelming, but it's been my experience so far that everyone works together to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employee suggestions, and keep taking them to heart.

8. A progressive company that is actively working to improve and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Gloucester, ME

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is located in a beautiful setting on the Pineland campus in New Gloucester, Maine. There is an ability to advance within the company if you have the drive and show real interest. The employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist with projects.

Cons

The biggest challenges of working here are keeping up with the information train and working with companies in four different time zones.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer more diverse training to employees so that they are able to perform their jobs more efficiently.

9. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Gloucester, ME

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Challenging work provideds variety from day to day. Incentive plans are very generous and established recruiters & sales people can make serious money. Approachable leadership. I plan to work here for a long time.

Cons

While the Pineland location is beautiful, it a bit far from Portland and other areas south. Westbook location is a little closer.

Advice to Management

Continue providing employees transparancy. Knowing where the company stands provides a sense of ownership.

10. Best place to work in Maine

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time

Pros

Fantastic management team in place. They know their business well and it shows. There is a reason that MOUNTAIN, LTD has been named a "Best Place to Work In Maine" for 6 years. Every company has their ups and downs but MOUNTAIN has shown that they can survive anything and come out stronger on the other side.

Cons

None that I can easily identify

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The future certainly looks promising.

11. Awesome company

I have been working at MOUNTAIN LTD. full-time

Pros

Great company culture with great great leadership.

Cons

None. Keep doing what they are doing.

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed