MOUNTAIN LTD.

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Get your runnning shoes on!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Gloucester, ME

ProsI’ve been with the company for some time now, and it’s been a wild ride! Not always easy, but I’ve learned more about business dealings working at MOUNTAIN, LTD™ , then any other job I’ve ever had. You have an opportunity to work with fortune 100 companies and get in the mix with executives that are the captains of their industry. There are uncapped commissions for sales and recruiting, plenty of opportunities for education. 401k with employer contributions, medical, dental, PTO, Holiday, vacation time. This is the type of company where creativity, drive, and passion will take you places.

ConsCall reports are the bane of my existence.....seriously; I wish they would get rid of them. So much for anonymous :)

Kidding aside, there are challenges at this job that can get overwhelming, but it's been my experience so far that everyone works together to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employee suggestions, and keep taking them to heart.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A progressive company that is actively working to improve and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Gloucester, ME

ProsIt is located in a beautiful setting on the Pineland campus in New Gloucester, Maine. There is an ability to advance within the company if you have the drive and show real interest. The employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist with projects.

ConsThe biggest challenges of working here are keeping up with the information train and working with companies in four different time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer more diverse training to employees so that they are able to perform their jobs more efficiently.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Gloucester, ME

ProsGreat work environment. Challenging work provideds variety from day to day. Incentive plans are very generous and established recruiters & sales people can make serious money. Approachable leadership. I plan to work here for a long time.

ConsWhile the Pineland location is beautiful, it a bit far from Portland and other areas south. Westbook location is a little closer.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue providing employees transparancy. Knowing where the company stands provides a sense of ownership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not even if I were homeless would I ever work there again...

Recruiter (Former Employee) New Gloucester, ME

ProsThe occasional awkward birthday party

ConsSubstandard salary
    No room for professional growth
    Disorganized management
    Micromangement style
    Deceitful business practices
    No training program for new employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to train your employees...give them the tools to succeed. Take the time to realize the assets of the people you have -- there's a goldmine sitting in your offices, and you waste their talent.

Management doesn't care

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCommision could be good some months as a recruiter.

ConsBenefits, management, high turnover, care about bottom like more than employees, no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn overhaul is needed.

High turnover, frequent layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice location, incentives, recruiters are paid well. Some opportunity for growth.

ConsManagement uses fear tactics and there are clear favorites among staff. Company ethics are questionable- client contracts aren't always followed to the letter. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more positive focus on your employees instead of focusing on boasting the company name, and you will have happier, more productive, employees.

Temporary jobs

Clerical (Former Employee)

ProsTemporary jobs at low pay, short term and infrequent. Associates try to find you jobs and do keep you in mind, and they do try to get you higher pay

ConsTemporary jobs at low pay, short term and infrequent. Usually not in the areas of expertize and very few temp to perm positions

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Working with Mountain Limited Incorporation

Contract Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMountain Ltd provides their contractors with excellent benefits, 401k, etc.

ConsThere are no cons working at Mountain Limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Out of town your on your own.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is always on time.

ConsOut of town, mileage sometimes,per diem never.Overtime almost never .

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider per diem and mileage.

Best place to work in Maine

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Gloucester, ME

ProsFantastic management team in place. They know their business well and it shows. There is a reason that MOUNTAIN, LTD has been named a "Best Place to Work In Maine" for 6 years. Every company has their ups and downs but MOUNTAIN has shown that they can survive anything and come out stronger on the other side.

ConsNone that I can easily identify

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. The future certainly looks promising.

Worked for MOUNTAIN LTD.? Contribute to the Community!