MPI Research

Be The First To
Add Photos

MPI Research CEO William Parfet

William Parfet

Far from perfect, better than nothing.

Research Associate (Current Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsThere are lots of training opportunities. Usually if you hate your job after a year you can transfer to a new department. PTO is okay. Generally the people are very nice.

ConsDon't expect to be rewarded for doing well or taking on more responsibility. Promotions and raises are rare. Leadership is constantly changing at all levels. Turnover due to lack of career advancement is hurting the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the past and reward people for good work.

Some departments are better than others!

Research Technician I (Former Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsGreat health benefits, 401K, PTO. Everyone is dedicated to contributing to research and maintaining animal welfare.

ConsCertain departments are held to different standards and put pressure on staff to work at production level dosing speeds. Time is money but also results in a lot of departmental turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be revised to make sure everyone is on the same page and following the same consistent "rule book".

I'm new but so far so good

ProsLots of overtime if wanted, paid holidays, friendly staff.

ConsHaven't discovered yet. Hoping I won't end up doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Management

Research Associate I (Former Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsWonderful people to work with and it gave me hands on experience immediately following college. Good benfits and PTO.

ConsManagement doesn't know how to run things without making their employees mad. No praise for good work and constant write ups for every little thing you make a mistake on. No room for movement. Everyone is unhappy and miserable on a daily basis. Overworked and underpayed--pay is immensely lower than similar jobs within the field. You never knew when something was going to get delayed, changed, or added at the last minute, so it was impossible to make plans outside of work.

Great place to work

Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsFabulous co-workers and management. It is great to work with so many people who are dedicated and passionate about their job. And management does a great job encouraging growth and development and working with you one-on-one to develop career goals.

ConsThe company has been extremely cautious in their spending the past few years and this can have a detrimental effect on employee morale and necessary technology.

Dead end job

Research Associate II (Current Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsA research job that is not a contract position. This job includes good benefits.

ConsThere is no growth, no performance based raises, no rewards program. Hard to find motivation to go above and beyond. Management known for knee-jerk reaction based decision making.

A decent company to work for.

Automation Specialist (Current Employee)
    Mattawan, MI

ProsEasy and laid back environment. The benefits are really good for a company of this size. Promotions are usually merit based and justified.

ConsLow pay for your skills. Leadership takes forever to make good decisions. No raises in the last 3 years. Their love of committees to slove issues hurts them because it can take a year before any changes.

Starter Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits and PTO, no experience needed to get hired

Consunprofessional, no room for growth, poor pay

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people incentive to stay unless you want to keep paying to train new people and have inexperienced technicians running studies

People care about their work

ProsOwner and senior leadership care about employees and give them the option to advance career

ConsWere hurt by the economic downturn, just like everybody else

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, the tide will turn!

Run Away!

Research Associate I (Former Employee)

ProsI can't think of one.

ConsAny job here isn't worth the pain and agony that comes with it. MPI just doesn't care about it's employees and will do anything to save a buck.

There is really no opportunity for advancement and they continue to give hypothetical raises as if they could somehow come up with money for employees.

Worked for MPI Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MPI Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MPI Research CEO William Parfet. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by MPI Research employees.