MPW Reviews

1. Feast or famine

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at MPW

Pros

Hires felons, good training great stepping stone

Cons

They don't care about individuals, they lie, fake promotions aka more responsibility same money. Either over worked or 75-90 hours per month

Advice to Management

Stop lying pay more have union

2. Poor

Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner
    Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner

I have been working at MPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No good reason really I took the job cause I was told it was a good place to work but I was wrong

Cons

I say if your all about your family don't work here they pay you poorly you hardly get to see your family

Advice to Management

Need help that's all

3. Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MPW full-time

Pros

It's a good place to get your foot in the door to the industry. You will learn as much as you are willing to. Depending on the division, the family atmosphere is fun and you can build a lot of relationships.

Cons

Pay is low side of competitive. Upper management is greedy and will screw every employee of given the chance. Benefits are a joke. 24/7 work is expected. Long travel durations expected.

Advice to Management

Start putting the employees with higher regard. MPW has the potential to be an awesome place to work but the greed of the owners makes it hard to keep a positive moral. I would recommend that they sell out to a company that will treat employees better.

5. Shady management

Former Employee - Technician in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Technician in Canton, OH

I worked at MPW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're funny! I will be more grateful of my new employment. I don't think anything can be worse than this place!

Cons

I was unknowingly fired along with 7 co-workers because two of them did not follow safety regulations. We were told it was a suspension letter we were signing, but it was actually a termination paper. They lied to us. Branch managers curse at employees. If you call off, the managers will not schedule you for work in order to punish you. I would call to find out what I work for the next day then they give wrong information. They cheat people on the hours they have worked constantly. They hire people back who have failed drug tests.

Advice to Management

If what I have read is true about the CEO, there is no hope in correcting any bad behavior at local branch. (Canton, OH)

6. Looks nice from the outside. Be careful about what is on the inside.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, OH

I worked at MPW full-time

Pros

- Company is very open minded to hiring ex-felons and people from halfway houses and jails. - Will let salaried employee leave early on Christmas Eve and sometimes on the other holidays you will have to work. - Landscaping and buildings are nice. - Managers and upper level management will help you do your work and give you advice on everything you do. - 401K match is decent. - The company buys shirts and products with the company logo on them and marks them up to sell them back to their employees. - 2 private jets for management. - Some management get cars, with gas cards, paid insurance and free maintenance. Employees who drive their own cars get .30 cents a mile then can claim the rest on taxes. - Hunting ranch in Colorado for well liked employees and customers. - Suite at Ohio State football games for management and customers. - Give out Rolex watches to some managers and even for anniversaries. - 3 weeks maximum on vacation, but there is unlimited vacation and leave time for the upper level managers.

Cons

- Be ready for a low initial offer. The Company will frequently offer you less than what you are currently making. - Very common for some managers to work 6 days a week. - Morale is very low. Don't do employee surveys because results have been so bad in the past. - Males must wear a tie Monday through Thursday in the office, unless you are a family friend. - Male employees must be clean shaven. - Benefits are poor. Employees pay extremely high co-pays and coverages are low. - Bonuses sound good but they are not guaranteed or the calculations shown to employees. - If the company decides to fire you before bonuses are issued then you get zero. - Raises are inconsistent and given out more for relationships than performance. Managers at the company absolutely hate review time because they submit their raises then they get cut, and cut some more based on what people who don't work around them think. Google the company and find out what is going on behind the scenes. The company has a good marketing department so it is hard to see what it really going on. Find people on social media and ask lots of questions about why they left and what they thought about the company. Do yourself a favor and get everything in writing.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more than money. Give employees the raises and the benefits they deserve.

7. Challenging

Former Employee - Paint in East Liberty, OH
    Former Employee - Paint in East Liberty, OH

I worked at MPW

Pros

Different jobs to do. Not always doing repetitive jobs.

Cons

High school drama sometimes. Need to fix some of management. Need to listen more to the employees about what's going on. Better work attitudes.

Advice to Management

It would be a better job if they would get both sides of the story when things go wrong. Stop the bullying and drama. Loved some of the people I worked with and the jobs I had done

8. Worst Company in the Central Ohio area

I have been working at MPW

Pros

Great place to work if you like low pay, poor management, hard work, low appreciation or recognition, greedy ownership

Cons

Dishonest management. Racially biased. White male dominant culture.

Advice to Management

Pay your workforce a decent wage and quit making your money off the backs of low level employees who have no chance of advancement or career.

Good experience, poor growth potential and work/life balance

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hebron, OH
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hebron, OH

I have been working at MPW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great coworkers 2. Learn a lot by having to take on a wide-range of tasks 3. Great experience to bolster resume 4. Nice facility with good offices

Cons

1. Pay is well below market 2. Benefits are minimal 3. 60+ hour weeks are expected 4. Extremely high turnover 5. Employees are seen as a tool by the top management 6. HR will use bait & switch techniques promising quick advancement and increase in comp, which will realistically average just 3%

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. The self-serving attitude that the executive team has tears down employees; it's difficult to have pride in a company where the executives and general managers are waste money when the average employee is well below market wages.

10. Horrible.

Former Employee - Operator in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Operator in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MPW (Less than a year)

Pros

Well I have to write something...

Cons

Not enough hrs. Garbage equipment.lack of respect.

Advice to Management

For all that money they make should have better equipment...

11. operations manager

I worked at MPW

Pros

a job and a steady pay check.

Cons

no room for advancement. and being a pawn in a game.

Advice to Management

provide the needed essentials to succeed

RSS Feed </> Embed