MRA - The Management Association

Updated Feb 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Susan Fronk

Stifling environment that despises true initiative and can't follow a strategic plan.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly, talented staff which expertly supports members' needs.

ConsNot a place for people who like to follow through on meaningful contributions to the growth of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop, commit to, and communicate a real strategic direction.

Promise a Million - Follow-Through with Nothing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work/Life balance. Ability to sit in meetings all day and accomplish little. A lot of wonderful people, but not much for a motivated professional to gain.

ConsThere are promises of movement within the company - which never happens. It is a micromanaged organization, filtering from the top down. Everyone tip-toes around the CEO who does not know how to develop and improve the workplace. While preaching and teaching HR and best practices, they need to drink some of their own medicine!

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the top - hire people to do their jobs and trust them to make correct decisions.

Great company to work for....

ProsI have enjoyed working with MRA for some time now. Everyone is very helpful and support each other as we strive to assist our member companies. The company encourage continuous education of staff and that is something I truly appreciate.

ConsNot much wiggle room to negotiate vacation coming into the organization. Most of the incoming staff are seasoned professionals and are used to having more than two weeks vacation, so that was a step back.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink out of the box as much as possible. Continue to encourage community involvement with the staff, which in turn, promotes the organization and its worth to the community.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working with a lot of diverse and talented HR professionals with varying areas and levels of expertise is invaluable.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pewaukee, WI

ProsThe people/employees. There are many good hard working people. Very talented.
    It's not a cut throught environment.
    I personally work with an excellent team.
    There are over 60 lines of business allowing for opportunities in more than one area.
    MRA has been in business for over 100 years. It's been a stable regional organization. Not many organizations have that longevity.
    MRA is looking to expand expertise and is bringing in new talent.
    There's an opportunity to work full time, part time in a number of capacities.

ConsWhile there are flexible schedules, benefits such as vacation could be improved upon. Not necessarily a con, but culture is somewhat "old school;" dress policy - men wear ties. That is starting to relax a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek innovative and progressive ways to tap market place and service members.

At the end of the day, a challenging & fulfilling place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsAs a mission-driven not-for-profit, one of the most important things MRA employees enjoy is the meaningful contribution we get to make to the common good of the almost 2,000 members we serve. That attracts a lot of really good people, so another perk here is simply working with some extraordinary colleagues. The work/life balance afforded by MRA is exceptional. And it's a very "intrapreneurial" type of culture -- if you have a good idea and it makes sense for MRA and its members, you will most likely find great support.

ConsAs an NFP, MRA watches every penny, so frugality is one hallmark of everything MRA does. That applies to compensation, benefits and everything else. It's also a tough environment in which to innovate. Not impossible, just challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs management already knows, Employers Associations like MRA face a challenge to remain relevant and successful in today's fast-paced, changing business environment. MRA needs to pick up the pace on innovation.

Old school ideas, company & pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMRA offers nice benefits, although greatly reduced from a few years ago. In addition there is excellent work / life flexibility.

ConsThey have a very old fashioned approach to most ideas and will do things wrong and ineffectively rather than potentially hurting a long time employee's feelings. Money isn't spent in the right ways and focus on projects to completion is rare. Compensation is almost half what you get in market which leads them to not getting top tier talent.

MRA - The Management Association

HRP (Former Employee) Pewaukee, WI

ProsFlexible Schedules, Different projects and companies each day

ConsIrratic hours, favortism, old-fashioned approaches

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money more wisely and stop investing in bad ideas

Worked for MRA - The Management Association? Contribute to the Community!