MRC

The opportunities are endless

Current Employee - Major Account Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at MRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you are committed to working hard, you will benefit from the opportunities that are made available to you.

Cons

Employees are usually dissatisfied with their salaries.

Create a team friendly environment. Make sure employees are compensated fairly for the work that they do. Make sure to have reporting manager/supervisor available to provide direction/training to new and aspiring employees.

Unreasonable expectations, poor training, little support, dated management practices

I worked at MRC

Pros

Gained experience in the type of company I do not want to work for. Learned to recognize signs of poor management.

Cons

Little to no product knowledge training, poor compensation package, good ol' boy management practices, saturated market, low company morale, poor company culture

Get some outside feedback from an independent party (not other cores or Xerox). The market place is ever changing along with the workforce, learn to adapt.

Not a team atmosphere.

Former Employee - RDC in Galena Park, TX
    Former Employee - RDC in Galena Park, TX

I worked at MRC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits as soon as you start

Cons

Where do I begin..
    Let's see..number 1 is your not liked by the branch manager you can forget about ever being noticed on the hard work and dedication a person puts forth.
    More interested in having the staff snitch on each other then actually enforcing teamwork.
    Too bad..

No advice ...they don't care about the employees or how hard they work.

Good experience for first job

I have been working at MRC

Pros

Great overall experience for a career in sales. Reps do every aspect of sale cycle, which future employers love.

Cons

Low base pay. Company always seems to find a way to screw reps out of their comission. Also the most expensive in the industry

Don't make promises you can't keep. Lots of rumors of growth, but it never really happens

Jul 21, 2014Director of HR

I'm sorry that there is a discrepancy between the communication of the compensation plan and the actual commission paid. A way to solve this may be to ensure the comp plans are better explained in ... More

Energetic company with the feel of a start up

I have been working at MRC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Growing company where certain individuals can make a real career for themselves. They fast track folk.
    - In sales, service, or the other departments I see people getting promoted al the time. I see the sales folks who have been around 2+ years and they are pretty successful and have learned to maneuver around the systems.
    - I also love the people. It is fun to come to work and it can be a little intense. Basically, my team mates and my boss are an exciting bunch and it's never boring.
    - Since it is a growing company there is always some new project or urgent need and it keeps me on my toes. The new challenges they throw my way keeps it real for me in terms of my development and learning. I also get to work with other teams on projects.
    - There is a clear vision and you know that it is a growth company v. those other ones laying people off or startups that don't know if they will be around in a few months.

Cons

- It has some old antiquated systems that really need automation. We need to automate more so that each of us is being utilized to our potential. The company has a start up feel and energy, but now that it is getting bigger, the workload can be overwhelming. Sales reps need helps with administrative tasks, other departments need new systems and processes. The old school systems cause so much miscommunication and a little tension at times between departments. The good thing is that they are working on solutions - just need it to be faster.
    - You have to be tough, this group works hard and can be intense, but also can run you ragged if you let them. The key is to be focused and mentally strong and not take the emotions or yourself too seriously.

It is time to make some investments in systems and also administrative support in sales that works with operations. I here a lot of negative comments about the big boss. I can't imagine how these folks would do if they ever worked in the east coast or Chicago. Once you get to know him, he is not so bad - just a driven individual that has good and bad days.

Tone down the comparisons in sales, not every body is motivated by folks getting called when they don't do something or your numbers aren't as good. It is cool if you have a relationship, but in general it doesn't promote positive motivation when someone is having a bad month in sales.

To sum it up, I've worked in other big name companies. I prefer actually liking the place I work at where I get to work with good people to being bored out of my mind in some cubicle in a no culture company which was my last job. Every company has pros and cons.

Jul 21, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a fairly detailed review it shows the effort taken to be thorough. We are also optimistic about the future and looking forward to implementing some ... More

Work hard play hard

I have been working at MRC

Pros

there are tons of young people

Cons

not a fun corporate culture, they really expect you to work your butt off.

Jul 21, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback and if you have any suggestion on how to make MRC a more engaging corporate culture, please let us know via our anonymous internal survey through ... More

MRC needs a wake-up call

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at MRC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people. The co-workers and people MRC hires, are great. Unfortunately they manage them terribly.

Cons

NO resources. You're given a computer and phone on the first day and told to just GO.

GO GO GO 110%. As long as you are peddling fast (regardless of whether there are wheels on the bike) they will be happy.

You make almost no margin on the copiers you sell. "Technology consulting firm specializing in work-flow automation" is a complete joke. You sell copiers- Door to door, in a suit, and get treated like a leper.

Meeting after meeting. Success plans. Attack plans. Goal settings. THE NOISE NEEDS TO STOP.

MRC needs to:

A) Get rid of BOB. The President is old and way out of touch. Copers are NOT the future.

B) Re-imburse premium Linkedin accounts and give the employees the tools to succeed. Pony up, and buy Salesforce. Using 2 CRM's which don't communicate is inefficient and backwards.

C) Stop making fake positive reviews on this site.

D) Figure out contracts. Managing your customers is completely reactionary. You won't get a set list of customers, what they own, where they are at in the contract, etc. The entire process is convoluted and backwards.

E) Re-vamp training.

Wake up. Your turnover has to be around 70%

The employees you keep aren't trying to better themselves. They look for the bi-monthly paycheck and have no care for their career development or the future of the company. If they did, they would have left by now.

Get rid of Bob, spend some money on marketing (OUTSIDE OF SAN DIEGO), Buy some decent sales tools (linked in, salesforce, tout app, etc), CHANGE THE COMPANY CULTURE.

GROW. SHIFT. EVOLVE.

May 19, 2014HR Generalist

We agree that our best asset is our people. They do a great job with the resources they have and truly have a winning approach. We try to continue to invest in them and in our managers so that they ... More

Worse job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at MRC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Freedom to be out in the field, that is it.

Cons

You get beat on as a sales rep. You are held to ridiculously high expectations. The pay is horrible. Bad training. No sales support. Turnover is ridiculous even for people from previous coper sales positions and other sales positions.

May 19, 2014HR Generalist

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to hear your experience wasn’t the best. Working for MRC, we are excited to change and grow as a company, that being said we know there are things that we ... More

great place to work if your into deceiving customers (if you dont know how mrc will train you)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

IF YOUR LUCKY YOU WILL GET REIMBURSED FOR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES

Cons

you must do and say what ever it takes to get the customer ,after that customer gets the runaround and on the hook for a contract very disappointing and sad especially when the customer look to you and trust you

might want to think about having a special office for "the mid-day sexual misconduct " that was witnessed on more than one occasion in the stairwell , there are people in sales,mgmt, and h.r that need to be fired

May 19, 2014HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest response anonymous, current employee. Feedback, both positive and negative is necessary for individuals, groups, and companies to grow and improve. I would like to respond ... More

Hard to get a word in

Current Employee - Administrative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most managers are amazing people and are always willing to help.
    Get lots of over time.
    Co-workers are a blessing to work with.
    If you are in Sales, awesome company to work for.
    President club trips: Palm Springs, Cabo, Hawaii, and Las Vegas

Cons

President, Executive VP, and VP rule by fear. This mainly is said for the President of the company. The VP will flat out ignore your requests for help, questions, or even guidance.
    In the billing, operations and accounting departments you can work a good amount of over time, HOWEVER if you work to much over time they do request to have you go from hourly to salary, they request you provide the same quality of work and obviously the same amount of hours but they never compensate for the loss of money you received working overtime. Most of the admin staff works 50+ hours a week.
    The company was asked to do a survey on the work environment at MRC, this would then go to an award given by the Union Tribune, MRC did win the award but this is hard to believe when I know most of the admin staff answered truthfully how we are treated at MRC.

Note: Some reviews made on this site are employees that are part of the LDP group (a management training group). They were asked to go on to this website and put in a good word for MRC. If you are in sales you would have a good experience with this company, since MRC is sales driven the executives forget to think about their admin staff that close out the deals.

A supervisor was asked on a scale from 1 – 10 how is the morale? They answered 1 the president thought this was unprofessional and was extremely mad. My advice to the president, don’t asked the question if you don’t want the honest answer. You could have learned from this and asked the supervisor what we as a company need to do to boost morale.

May 19, 2014HR Generalist

Thank you for your response. Your feedback is essential for MRC to continue to grow, develop, and learn how to be the best for employees and customers. You made some excellent points and they were ... More