MRINetwork Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
John McDonald

Pros
  • Good work life balance, love having the flexibility (in 4 reviews)

• good training resources and decent technical know-how for sourcing candidates (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the office, there is no upward mobility; you can make more money but your job won't change (in 3 reviews)

• finding job orders is nearly full time job (in 2 reviews)

1. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Livermore, CA

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great boss and fellow employees. It is like a family. Great for big picture outlook and to grow w/ company! Health Benefits covered 100%

Cons

100% commision but (all health benefits are covered (PRO)

Advice to Management

signing bonus if you don't already do one!

2. good place to work

Former Employee - N/A in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - N/A in Nashville, TN

I worked at MRINetwork

Pros

good advancement opportunities for future outlook

Cons

Hard work but it is worth it in the end

Advice to Management

none

3. Account Executive

I have been working at MRINetwork

Pros

Pay/commissions learned a lot about how managers hire people

Cons

When you don't get placements you don't get paid.

Advice to Management

Very much enjoy working here.

5. Recruiter

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time

Pros

Exceptional income opportunities (I'm not doing my job unless I'm making 6-figures); a lot of creative freedom to conduct business as I see best fit at my desk/it's not a "my way or the highway" philosophy (as long as you're producing); offers a plethora of invaluable experience; always new challenges and always room to grow and improve; one of the only opps I know where you can work a M-F 8-5 job and make this kind of money (most other opps are independent contract positions, commissions only, part time or setting appointments, and/or working evenings/weekends); can't list enough Pro's

Cons

This is an incredible opportunity for self-starters who are motivated, driven, and confident in their abilities to provide value to others (candidates/clients/etc.). If you need to be babysat or can't pick yourself off the ground after hearing "No", this is not the job for you. Also, the benefits (I can only speak for my office) are there, but it would be nice to get more comprehensive coverage. But hey, most positions that pay out the commissions MRI does don't even offer *any* benefits, so I'm not complaining.

Advice to Management

I can't really think of any advice for management right now. But every office has a different manager/owner, as these offices are privately-held branches of a franchise. I have only heard negative feedback about one manager out of 600+ offices, and it's not even in my state. Based on my experience with other offices across the nation, my perception is that MRI offices have exceptional managerial staff (I mean, come on...it's our job to know and understand what makes people feel fulfilled and satisfied at work, so it's no surprise that our managers practice what they preach).

6. Excellent response

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Safety Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Safety Harbor, FL

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast and efficient with clients as well as employees

Cons

Do not really have any

Advice to Management

none

Beware!!! Only a few make more than $24K year draw.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, upbeat environment, easy jobs to get as long as you have (or can fake) enthusiasm and you have a pulse.

Cons

No where to go-zero upward mobilty-which would be just fine if the average Account Executive actually made more than $24K year (that's basic draw). It's very difficult to make more than that. Yes, a few AE's are making $75K+ but they are typically the ones that have been around a LONG time and have established relationships w/ Hiring Managers. Also, sales motivation techniques form the 1980's-really dated and a waste of time. I don't want to socialize or celebrate with my coworkers. Biggest con is that job consists of sitting at a desk all day long, cold calling. 8 hours a day of dialing-it's HELL!!! All calls are tracked and it's expected that you make 80-100 per day and that you don't stay on too long with anyone unless it's a money-making situation. So, even if you survive the horror of making 100 calls a day you may be asked to explain why you called so-&-so twice and why you spent 20 minutes on the phone with a candidate when he wasn't generating any $. Typical sales company-if possible they hire young, stupid and motivated and pay them crap plus the promise that if they just apply themselves they'll make tons of $. It's all BS. If a ne AE manages to make a placement, they only get 20-30% of commission. Owner of MRI franchise gets 70-80%. Just not worth it, iin my opinion.

Advice to Management

Enough with the 1980's "rah-rah", sales techniques. Seriously?? It's 2015-time to evolve.

8. Company / Network is a shell of former self

I worked at MRINetwork full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-great training, probably best in the industry -decent brand in the US -Int'l network

Cons

-corporate lacks strategy, direction -lack of communication, PR / Branding is non-existent -IT / systems is 10 years behind the industry -value proposition has been diluted so much that franchisees only join/stay for the vendor discounts with Monster.com, etc.

Advice to Management

Without any clear vision or strategy the company will continue to fade in to irrelevance, sell the company before that happens.

9. 5 star company

I have been working at MRINetwork

Pros

Great company, communication is fluid throughout all branches. All different areas of the recruitment sector that work together.

Cons

Smaller branches, so it is up to you how you make the situation with the people you work with.

10. Work-Life Balance is Great

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MRINetwork

Pros

Work/life balance is incredible. You have to make the best of your time though. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

It is a lot of autonomous work, which isn't bad, but it gets lonely sometimes working by yourself. Use the team to the best of your ability.

11. Great Company

I have been working at MRINetwork

Pros

Family atmosphere, great place for high calibur sales people

Cons

Lack of direction, mostly thrown to the sharks

RSS Feed </> Embed