MRINetwork

www.mrinetwork.com

MRINetwork Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
MRINetwork – Dallas – “Fundraiser for St. Jude Charity”

Stuart Batchelor

Pros
  • good training resources and decent technical know-how for sourcing candidates(in 5 reviews)

• MR has a Good work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the office, there is no upward mobility; you can make more money but your job won't change(in 3 reviews)

• Need to be able to take the ups and downs(in 2 reviews)

Fun, upbeat, casual

Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNot long hours, great office atmosphere

ConsRepetitive work and no pay

Great people, less great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsA great global network of people to work with and interesting training events. Nice offices with a good group of people

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement. Went through a series of layoffs and was made to feel very special for having survived them. There was very little investment in the organization despite sizable profit margins.

Staffing Franchise = India Staffing Network

Programmer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Proscould be worse... They at least MRI. as a primary contractor that outsources all their work to smaller mom and pop staffing shops, have decided we don't need to see all the india super genius propaganda on their website about their massive office in hyderbad, banglore, and delhi india like the other mom&pop indian staffing network companies... and they don't try to use psychology to try to make us quit applying to their jobs so that mom&pop india francise can find some asian guy to fill their one resume slot with instead of wasting it on white American.

ConsJust another hidden front for the India Staffing Network...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You've been warned! Co is also listed as "Management Recruiters," check those reviews too

Prosgood training resources and decent technical know-how for sourcing candidates. high compensation for a some (not so great for most, given the workload).

Consunrealistic expectations by management, CONSTANT revolving door of people they hire to be account executives who quit within a week, a month, a few months. Maybe 1 in 10 make it? Very sad.

if you are considering working here, these reviews for "MRINetwork" are all glowing wonderful reviews. The company is listed also as Management Recruiters on the site, and located in many places. Be sure to read those reviews too. Definitely a different picture, but very accurate, compared to all the rainbows and unicorns in "MRINetwork" reviews.. I worked at the company for long enough to know it is not for me.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop a career track for your own employees.

Into the trenches you go

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsYou'll learn the fundamentals of recruiting: how to interview a candidate, secure a job order, post a job, etc. Tons of training videos to watch.

ConsNo life/work balance. Not uncommon to see people working weekends due to pressure from management to get placements. Mind numbing daily meetings covering the same information they did the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that, etc. Zero upward mobility. Questionable tactics to motivate recruiters; for instance, placing an old shoe on their desk until a specified number of job orders were secured.

SHOCKINGLY bad business ethics, blatant lying celebrated by management

Account Executive (Former Employee)

Prossome employees made decent money. i think they must have just given up on their own dignity and self respect.
    good training

ConsI worked in a NC location of Management Recruiters, also known as MRI. I was taught to lie to get past the people who answer the phone: this is what I was told to do: We called medical professionals and I was told to pretend my mom or Dad had been treated there and I needed the name of a certain specialist on a certain medical practice "because I wanted to write them a thank you note." What was previously a suspicious "who is this and why do you want to know" was suddenly a gushing helpful list of employees we'd then recruit every one of them. I felt physically ill after a period of doing this and quit, and lost all respect for management who celebrated this "clever ruse." On top of that, the family owners would travel extensively and show all the staff their home pictures as the focus of (just liek other reviewers said) these inane staff meetings that rehashed the same info Again and Again and AGAIN. It was the epitome of a dead end job, forget that a few people made a lot of money. How much is your dignity and professionalism worth, people?

We had contests that they awarded prizes that had been repackaged to appear new but in fact was used merchandise they must have had at home, trinkets and giveaways from trade shows we were supposed to be excited to "win" for our efforts on the phone. I will never forget one employee trying to outbid another employee to "win" a stress ball. At least that wasn't used previously.

Seriously, this place has ZERO upward mobility, even if some make ok money, and a select few make six figures. there were so many people in and out of there starting as new staff and then quitting. place was a revolving door they asked prospective employees "would you feel comfortable telling white lies for the greater good" and the "right" answer was YES. Enough said.

I also agree with other reviewers: no work life balance, and it was all about what have you done for me lately. I wouldn''t recommend this place to my worst enemy

Advice to Senior Managementgood training, but then it just never stops and they keep recycling old stuff as new and train train train. this is not rocket science, enough with the meetings.

Good place to begin your recruiting career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat history, knowledge base, and global network of experienced recruiters to learn from.

ConsExcessive management changes. Not enough focus on disseminating up to date best practices throughout network.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a world-class, easy to use on-line knowledge / best practice dissemination system.

Great training

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood work life balance, love having the flexibility

Consnone that I can think of at this time

recruiting franchise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou get what you put in

Conscompany has changed with management

Excellent working experience

Sourcer/Recruiter (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsMRInetwork is a company franchised by about 1000 branch offices, each of them operates independently, but the cooperate prides excellent training and trainer will also go to individual office to provide customized training. If you are a self-driven, like to social with professionals in a certain field and have good relationship, you have good chance to be success

Consit is basically a sales job, you work and survive on commissions

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for MRINetwork? Contribute to the Community!