MRINetwork Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014
3.3

Stuart Batchelor

Pros
  • good training resources and decent technical know-how for sourcing candidates (in 5 reviews)

• MR has a Good work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the office, there is no upward mobility; you can make more money but your job won't change (in 3 reviews)

• Need to be able to take the ups and downs (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Executive Recruiter

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best recruiting company to work for

Cons

No known cons that I'm aware of

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time

Pros

The training is world class, the working hours are employee friendly, and the earnings opportunities are strong if you are a go-getter.

Cons

You have to be willing to spend the majority of your day on the telephone talking with strangers in order to be successful in this business.

Keep trying to find the right kind of people to grow your business.

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at MRINetwork full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Terrible, boring meetings every single day, even though the Manager is in the same room and we talk through out the day.

Let your AE and Recruiters work virtual.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, less great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at MRINetwork full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great global network of people to work with and interesting training events. Nice offices with a good group of people

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. Went through a series of layoffs and was made to feel very special for having survived them. There was very little investment in the organization despite sizable profit margins.

Staffing Franchise = India Staffing Network

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MRINetwork as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

could be worse... They at least MRI. as a primary contractor that outsources all their work to smaller mom and pop staffing shops, have decided we don't need to see all the india super genius propaganda on their website about their massive office in hyderbad, banglore, and delhi india like the other mom&pop indian staffing network companies... and they don't try to use psychology to try to make us quit applying to their jobs so that mom&pop india francise can find some asian guy to fill their one resume slot with instead of wasting it on white American.

Cons

Just another hidden front for the India Staffing Network...

You've been warned! Co is also listed as "Management Recruiters," check those reviews too

I have been working at MRINetwork full-time

Pros

good training resources and decent technical know-how for sourcing candidates. high compensation for a some (not so great for most, given the workload).

Cons

unrealistic expectations by management, CONSTANT revolving door of people they hire to be account executives who quit within a week, a month, a few months. Maybe 1 in 10 make it? Very sad.

if you are considering working here, these reviews for "MRINetwork" are all glowing wonderful reviews. The company is listed also as Management Recruiters on the site, and located in many places. Be sure to read those reviews too. Definitely a different picture, but very accurate, compared to all the rainbows and unicorns in "MRINetwork" reviews.. I worked at the company for long enough to know it is not for me.

develop a career track for your own employees.

Into the trenches you go

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at MRINetwork full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll learn the fundamentals of recruiting: how to interview a candidate, secure a job order, post a job, etc. Tons of training videos to watch.

Cons

No life/work balance. Not uncommon to see people working weekends due to pressure from management to get placements. Mind numbing daily meetings covering the same information they did the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that, etc. Zero upward mobility. Questionable tactics to motivate recruiters; for instance, placing an old shoe on their desk until a specified number of job orders were secured.

SHOCKINGLY bad business ethics, blatant lying celebrated by management

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at MRINetwork full-time

Pros

some employees made decent money. i think they must have just given up on their own dignity and self respect.
    good training

Cons

I worked in a NC location of Management Recruiters, also known as MRI. I was taught to lie to get past the people who answer the phone: this is what I was told to do: We called medical professionals and I was told to pretend my mom or Dad had been treated there and I needed the name of a certain specialist on a certain medical practice "because I wanted to write them a thank you note." What was previously a suspicious "who is this and why do you want to know" was suddenly a gushing helpful list of employees we'd then recruit every one of them. I felt physically ill after a period of doing this and quit, and lost all respect for management who celebrated this "clever ruse." On top of that, the family owners would travel extensively and show all the staff their home pictures as the focus of (just liek other reviewers said) these inane staff meetings that rehashed the same info Again and Again and AGAIN. It was the epitome of a dead end job, forget that a few people made a lot of money. How much is your dignity and professionalism worth, people?

We had contests that they awarded prizes that had been repackaged to appear new but in fact was used merchandise they must have had at home, trinkets and giveaways from trade shows we were supposed to be excited to "win" for our efforts on the phone. I will never forget one employee trying to outbid another employee to "win" a stress ball. At least that wasn't used previously.

Seriously, this place has ZERO upward mobility, even if some make ok money, and a select few make six figures. there were so many people in and out of there starting as new staff and then quitting. place was a revolving door they asked prospective employees "would you feel comfortable telling white lies for the greater good" and the "right" answer was YES. Enough said.

I also agree with other reviewers: no work life balance, and it was all about what have you done for me lately. I wouldn''t recommend this place to my worst enemy

good training, but then it just never stops and they keep recycling old stuff as new and train train train. this is not rocket science, enough with the meetings.

Fun, upbeat, casual

Former Employee - Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at MRINetwork as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Not long hours, great office atmosphere

Cons

Repetitive work and no pay

Good place to begin your recruiting career.

I worked at MRINetwork full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great history, knowledge base, and global network of experienced recruiters to learn from.

Cons

Excessive management changes. Not enough focus on disseminating up to date best practices throughout network.

Implement a world-class, easy to use on-line knowledge / best practice dissemination system.

Worked for MRINetwork? Contribute to the Community!