MRM Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
3.2

Michael McLaren

Pros
  • Some really smart people who want to do great work (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance and the people I work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be vastly improved--especially for the creative team and the accounts team (in 4 reviews)

• they change staffing so much and have a high turnover you never know who you will have next as your team lead/director (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Has potential but not cracked the code

I have been working at MRM full-time

Pros

Great clients, accounts and opportunity for work experience that is hard to come by

Cons

Managerial structure is inconsistent and growth opportunities vary

Not fun

I have been working at MRM

Pros

Free drinks free lagoon day

Cons

No follow through from management.

Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Birmingham, MI

I worked at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MRM is a company that genuinely values each of their employee's well being and careers. Is it the perfect place to start if you are willing to work hard and prove yourself to achieve your goals. You are surrounded by some of the smartest and most down to earth people in the industry.

Culture is huge at MRM and you will get the opportunity to work with people from many different ethnicities and backgrounds. The company truly cares about causes for the greater good and is always up on the most cutting, edge technologies. Long nights and early mornings are not uncommon but the work you are producing makes it worth it. MRM will make you better.

Cons

Promotions and raises can take longer than anticipated but are achievable if you are willing to put forth the work.

Do not change a thing, stay on the Detroit Free Presses' 'Top 100 Places to Work.'

Long Hours, Great Team

I have been working at MRM full-time

Pros

I couldn't extol the virtues of this company more. I've been here almost a year. Originally, I was brought in as a creative freelancer, made a full time employee a few months in. And now, I've been here a year. If you're smart, work hard and take initiative (key word here), MRM will treat you fine. I'm also quite happy with the pay. I think some people complain because some of the work isn't exactly thought-provoking, but frankly, much of the work is. It just depends on which account you're put on. I was on a particularly dry account for 6 months and while it was hardly fun and games, my TEAM and my BOSSES made it a spectacular experience. Great company culture. Lots of drinks, parties, and dinners out.

Frankly, if you're a young, overly ambitious upstart with something to prove, this might not be the place for you. But, if you're generally talented, hardworking and willing to put your ego aside for 6 months, you'll get placed on awesome accounts, fun pitches and make lots of friends.

The creative team here is awesome. Upper management is friendly, approachable and kind. They're open to mentoring opportunities and helping younger members of their teams succeed. Middle management is awesome — they actually help you work towards career-life balance. I've worked at many different companies before and never have I had the pleasure of working with such an awesome bunch of talented people.

Cons

My only gripe is the hours. Yes, I work weekends. Yes, I work late nights frequently.

Keep up the great job and keep doing what you're doing. Also, please consider hiring / allocating more members to rush projects so the team isn't totally burnt out.

Great people, great work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at MRM as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Collaborative culture, very creative, good management

Cons

Tight deadlines, inconsistent workload, disorganized at times.

A Great Place to work with lots of opportunities

Former Employee - User Experience Specialist in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - User Experience Specialist in Princeton, NJ

I worked at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Assuming that you're not afraid to speak up, your opinions will really matter on any size account.
    The creative and UX is top notch
    The account teams are very supportive.
    The leads in creative are fantastic.

Cons

The hours can be a bit crazy if you're not careful.

None really, keep up the good work.

Horrible misleading company not bitter just true .

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They're aren't any pros. For real I am serious .

Cons

This company is such a joke that when you go to a recruiter and tell them that you work or worked there ,they apologize. They will lie to you as many times as they can until your so burning MADD and you realize that your future and your pay has gone no where , and all you can blame is yourself for staying there.

You should be ashamed of yourself
    Misleading young college student to come work for your sweat shop hours and rate for a promises to progress
    Wasting a very important time in there lives .

Growing culture

Current Employee - Digital Designer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Designer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance and the people I work for. The projects are challenging and plenty of work to chose from. The people I work along side with and collaborate with regularly are very talented and easy to get along with. Very cool atmosphere. Innovative, creative and technologically advanced, what you expect in a digital agency environment.

Cons

There is not a real sense of connectivity among different regions of the company, it is a typical office-centric agency culture, tough for the company to learn and grow as a whole in today's global digital world.

Promote offices but at the same time go to market with horizontal solutions geared toward verticals, promote MRM as a Global Team with core competencies, today's digital world is full of problems that require creative and technological solutions, and top talent of a multidisciplinary team can be assembled from any geographic location while leveraging and promote offices as centers of excellence as well as meeting and collaboration centers, this would be a slight shift in culture but technically only complimentary to the traditional agency one that is already in place. This would provide more variety of work opportunities to those bogged down by office-local/long term contracts.

Great company and learning experience but it gets repetitive

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I worked at MRM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company culture, relaxed environment, interesting work

Cons

pay, in an expensive city

A few things right

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at MRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of focus on culture, social events and volunteering. Probably for retention -- didn't see high level execs at the 2 events I worked on. Big account base so maybe room for movement for some.

Cons

Typical no-process fiasco. Terrible creative briefs. Account runs the show

MRM Photos