MRM

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
3.3

Michael McLaren

Pros
  • Some really smart people who want to do great work (in 7 reviews)

• Great culture, people are great, easy to reach out to, room for growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be vastly improved--especially for the creative team and the accounts team (in 4 reviews)

• they change staffing so much and have a high turnover you never know who you will have next as your team lead/director (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing culture

Current Employee - Digital Designer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Designer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance and the people I work for. The projects are challenging and plenty of work to chose from. The people I work along side with and collaborate with regularly are very talented and easy to get along with. Very cool atmosphere. Innovative, creative and technologically advanced, what you expect in a digital agency environment.

Cons

There is not a real sense of connectivity among different regions of the company, it is a typical office-centric agency culture, tough for the company to learn and grow as a whole in today's global digital world.

Promote offices but at the same time go to market with horizontal solutions geared toward verticals, promote MRM as a Global Team with core competencies, today's digital world is full of problems that require creative and technological solutions, and top talent of a multidisciplinary team can be assembled from any geographic location while leveraging and promote offices as centers of excellence as well as meeting and collaboration centers, this would be a slight shift in culture but technically only complimentary to the traditional agency one that is already in place. This would provide more variety of work opportunities to those bogged down by office-local/long term contracts.

Great company and learning experience but it gets repetitive

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I worked at MRM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company culture, relaxed environment, interesting work

Cons

pay, in an expensive city

Mixed

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The place has some stability. You can stay awhile without worrying too much about layoffs. There is a decent life work balance, and you usually don't have to put in too many late nights.

Cons

Overall, the place lacks a culture. The senior management is out of touch with its staff. Don;t expect raises or promotions, unless you are just starting out in the business.

PA at MRM

I have been working at MRM

Pros

Paid Time Off, Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Mindless work, a lot of odd jobs

A few things right

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at MRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of focus on culture, social events and volunteering. Probably for retention -- didn't see high level execs at the 2 events I worked on. Big account base so maybe room for movement for some.

Cons

Typical no-process fiasco. Terrible creative briefs. Account runs the show

Breeding ground for incompetence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A select few who are really good to work with. Somewhat high profile clients.

Cons

Upper management's ego, lack of honesty from middle management, account lack of reality when promising clients impossible timelines, and a general level of incompetence from just about everybody there.

For one, try hiring people who actually know how to do the job you're hiring them for in the first place. Also, don't promise raises and promotions when you have no intention of following through or give the promotion to somebody else without warning and no follow-ups.

Overall, a good company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at MRM as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you are into marketing as a career, this is a great place to land. This is especially true if you are looking for a creative environment. The work is varied and usually pretty interesting. The people are good to work with. The HR team does a good job of putting on fun events every once in a while.

Cons

Management can be a little stretched and disconnected from the day-to-day operations, which leads to misunderstandings and headaches. These disconnects cause a lot of unnecessary work.

Think through how you approach new business opportunities.

Fun, stressful, but learned a lot and made great friends.

Former Employee - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MRM full-time

Pros

The people are great. I compare working here to boot camp. It's a small world and this company has been great for networking because I feel like everyone has worked here at some point in time.

Cons

It can be stressful and you're operating without much of a safety net, but if you're comfortable with problem-solving, this is the place for you.

There is a disconnect between management and the lower level analysts. Because there isn't much training or support, there is a lot of turnover.

Exciting, but disingenuous

Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I absolutely LOVED working at MRM. I had a great boss, a great team, and wonderful interactions with management. Work life balance was great for our group and there were many that went out of their way to communicate about the value you had to the company. The pay scale was nice and matched or exceeded the market.

Cons

Human Resources were okay for the most part, but they were also paranoid, extremely sneaky, and dishonest. I know of people called into meetings just because their resume was on a recruiting site. I also know about people that were lied to when it came to seeking employment and people that were fired, because they claimed they were restructuring, only to see someone else in the same position within two weeks. They were willing to give money, but not willing to give people the respect they deserved.

Great people not a lot of room for growth

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Great benefit package.

Cons

not a lot of room for growth, stagnent pay, no bonus, hard to take time off

MRM Photos