MS Companies

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Awesome

ProsThis is a great company to advance quickly.

ConsIf u are new u might get put on call.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should split hours more fairly with new hires so they will stay

Great people, Horrible CEO

Marketing (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible schedule, free parking, very nice staff

ConsCEO and his ego are out of control

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the "office affairs" out of the office (CEO). It makes it very uncomfortable for the staff.

Awful career experience

Management (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosabsolutely nothing, entire company was an awful experience.

Conszero work life balance, consistent layoffs, leadership is inept, benefits were cut.

Advice to Senior Managementraise pay, offer a work life balance, increase medical benefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been an experience. This is more a temporary position. It has a lot of on call time.

ProsYou get paid every 2 weeks and the ppl are nice to work with. We will be going on 8 hours in June.

ConsThe benefits suck and there's no sick leave, vacation pay, or holiday pay. On call a lot during some months. Stack your money.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut ppl in positions that want to work and no favoritism. Let everyone have the same opportunity and don't run your good workers away.

Jun 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. I would like to speak with you in further detail and see how we can do better. If you wouldn't mind could you please contact me to further discuss.

Corrupt and dishonest.

Quality Inspector (Current Employee) Rome, GA

ProsAs with most jobs, you will meet some good people. Depending on the sort, some of the work can be very easy.

ConsHours are very long and often include working double shifts or split shifts with no supervisor present at the location. Paychecks are often wrong and take weeks to be fixed or they fight tooth and nail to not give you back the hours missing. Favoritism and cronyism are king. Company policies change on a whim or are disregarded completely by site supervisors leading to confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better system of keeping track of employees hours so they will be paid for what they worked and keep an eye on the supervisors who get paid for hours the don't work.

I learned a lot about Quality Control and met a lot of interesting people at several different companies.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Lincoln, AL

ProsI worked there for about 7 months and they saw my potential and I became supervisor in the short amount of time with a nice pay raise. They give everyone a chance to advance and become part of the team.

ConsIt's hard to keep employees within the company. They lay a lot of people off without warning. If you can't make it to team leader or supervisor, you will find yourself not working a lot. Poor corporate management.

Advice to Senior ManagementProject managers should be on the jobs more to understand how they operate. Also to experience the restrictions and regulations that the job site constitutes. This way when something goes wrong, the employee will only be liable for his own mistakes.

Not forth coming about job specifics and poor internal communication!

ProsHas the potential to be a really good company.

ConsEverything else! Very in forth coming about job specifics!

Advice to Senior ManagementA much better trading standard needs to be put in place. Follow through, communication and forth coming about the job itself are all lacking drastically.

... More

Innovative and exciting, fast paced company growing by leaps and bounds!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCollaborative environment, great people working together focused on continuous improvement. It's rewarding to help others get started on a career path and also to be part of the fast paced automotive manufacturing industry!

ConsRapid growth in a company can be challenging; however, as long as you are open to learning new skills and can adapt well to changes, there are many opportunities are to succeed!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Growing Company! One of the Top Places to work at

Recruiter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCompany is growing by leaps and bounds and encourages their employees to be creative and to contribute new ideas. MS Companies offers a great work/life balance and the opportunity to grow from a career standpoint.

ConsNone that I can think of. Upper management please continue to empower and encourage your employees! Nothing but great things coming in the future!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue on your current path.

Disorganized staffing and inconsistent work assignments

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Smyrna, TN

ProsThe pay was alright compared to the difficulty of the work, which could be mind-numbingly boring quite often.

ConsNo talk of promotions or raises. A lot of the employees are intolerably cruel/back-stabbing/class-less people who gossip and brown-nose constantly and conspire to get other people fired by blaming others for their bad work or lack of work completion in order to get ahead at their job.

During the Nissan shut-down, the office said we would be off work for two weeks. We were actually out of work for a month. Paychecks are issued every two weeks and when we started back up there was another week where the checks were held back, yet the office expected me to commute anywhere from 15 to 55 miles from my place of residence to the assigned factory there and 15 to 55 miles back every day with no money for gas for three weeks. Completely unreasonable in my honest opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and discipline accordingly when someone is harassing someone else. I had to have five people from a factory I got wrongfully removed from due to a lying/harrassing coworker blaming their defective products coming back on me only to be assigned to work with that same employee at a different factory. I resigned due to this as I did not want to get fired due to her harassment being ongoing and her formulating more lies about me to the office.

Please attempt to be more reasonable about finding assignments that are not an hour away from someone's home after they have not gotten a paycheck in two months because of the shutdown. I do not have the powers of teleportation and/or alchemical transmutation, and if I did I probably would not be worried about working for MS Companies Inc. And if two weeks of no work is going to turn into a month, a courtesy call would be nice so I can attempt to find some temporary work until then.

... More

Worked for MS Companies? Contribute to the Community!