MSA Professional Services, Inc.

www.msa-ps.com

MSA Professional Services, Inc. Reviews

Gilbert Hantzsch

well trained in various projects and technology

Current Employee - Project Administrator
    Current Employee - Project Administrator

I have been working at MSA Professional Services, Inc.

Pros

career advancement at MSA is a benefiting factor

Cons

stressful environment and requires smartness. To work at MSA and succeed, you need to always be informed and be able to learn fast and apply that learning proactively

acquire technology only when necessary

If you're considering a job here, my advice is: Run away!

I have been working at MSA Professional Services, Inc.

Pros

You'll receive a paycheck, benefits and job experience. Honestly, it's all I can say about the company. The job you end up doing may not be the one that was described to you in the interview.

Cons

The company is plagued with interpersonal issues at the senior management level--competing egos and passive-aggressive management is the norm. Getting anything done is a huge challenge because of the number of people who are involved in making any decision.

Bring this company into the 21 century in terms of management style. If you don't, you won't be able to recruit or hang onto the talent you need, and you certainly won't be able to grow into something more than a small-potatoes firm.

Flexible Employee Owned Firm

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at MSA Professional Services, Inc.

Pros

It's an employee owned firm that shows flexibility with scheduling and regularly shares company performance information. There are many opportunities to connect with upper management.

Cons

Sometimes it appears that policies aren't being applied consistently. My manager shares a lot of information; however upper management and/or the board doesn't give us much information on why decisions were made or whay something is changing.

Keep up the great support of flexible schedules and allowing people to pursue the type of work that they want to do. Share more information as to what is happening across the company to give meaning to the numbers and the policies.