MSB

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tony Reisz

Great workplace, very positive environment

Tech Support (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe company in many areas allows for individual growth. Goals are set and the whole company is then tasked to fulfill those goals as a team. Teamwork is emphasized.

ConsMicromanagement is some areas of the company is rampant. There is a lack of trust by some department leaders of the individual employees

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Senior Management should get out of the day to day lives of the employees. The mid level managers need to trust their employees to do their jobs. Don't ask us about them on a daily basis.

Changes afoot. Some good many bad

Director (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThere are great people and great managers still there.

ConsWith the constant stream of new senior management coming in, the only thing you can count on is change. Change is not inherently bad or good---but constant change with moving goal posts lead to frustrated clients and staff.

Lots of talented managers and staff have left as a result.

Compensation is on the low end, but not dramatically so.

Overall the office atmosphere is tense.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know you like to protect your territory but clients don't really care about your political agendas.

Don't bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYour fellow coworkers at your level are great people

ConsWill use you as a scapegoat to cover their mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Example of Neoliberal Groupthink

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsBasically the place hires good folks that just want to get along and do good work. Weekends are sacrosanct.

ConsManagement exemplifies the current trend of plutocratic hobbling of the common worker. Critical thinking and a literate employees have become dangerous to those in management who want to celebrate orthodoxy over dialogue, emotion over reason and ideological certainty over thoughtfulness. Middle management adopt this attitude and enforce conformity. As a result, the product is becoming an emperor with no clothes, and good employees do not last long in this toxic environment. Wages are not keeping up with living costs, yet workers fear losing their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone required, they will not listen anyway.

Good Company until new CEO put Sales ahead of all else.

ProsFriendly co-workers. Flexibility. Small company with team-focused approach.

ConsKnowledge of the underlying problems is ignored. Only the symptoms are addressed. Management does not understand what employees jobs truly consist of and as a result, things are constantly in state of flux,

Advice to Senior ManagementSustain from the bottom up, not Sales and New Products down.

Product Strategy driven by sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany helpful and professional colleagues.

ConsBusiness lacks energy and focus. Multiple management changes in a relatively short period of time and lack of willingness to replace the dead wood.

Getting better; more needs to be done.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsRecently hired people are of a high quality. New management is superior to the old group that was there before.

ConsSalary; few raises, only given to people who were part of a "favored group" although this may be changing with new management. Lots of siloing where information is not shared.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very reactive instead of proactive right now. This makes for a poor environment. Management needs to recognize the people in the trenches who actually do the work, not just people in offices.

Good luck for the future, they'll need it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsRank and file employees nice folks trying to do the best thing.

ConsHorrible management, completely incompetent by and large, Talent is suppressed by careerist managers. product relevance is dubious.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, ge a grip on data.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery employee friendly and an all around great company to work for.

ConsNone at this present time

this company is terrible

Tech Support (Current Employee) Tyler, TX

Prosthis company has no pros. AT ALL

Consthey treat their customers like doo doo and their employees like the toilet

Advice to Senior Managementdont treat the staff like slaves and customers like a burden

Worked for MSB? Contribute to the Community!