MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc)

Richard Munson

PRESIDENT

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced. cutting edge Flexibility and great communication.

Cons

Tough but fair . Sometimes management micromanages .

Diversify and hire more people.

Neutral

Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good colleagues who go above and beyond to help each other
    Profit sharing
    Good benefits (health and fitness too)
    Latest cloud product seems very promising
    Management notices hard-workers and give them a chance to grow their career
    Good company activities (BBQ, potluck)

Cons

Wage is low
    Other than that neutral

Think it would be better to have some on-going training on team building, customer relations management.
    Lost many good employees due to HR issues

Technician

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc)

Pros

Its a great work atmosphere, people are willing to teach you if you are willing to learn

Cons

I don't see a long term future here for me, but who knows.

Ex-Manager, appalled at lack of organization

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* easy to get a job due to high turnover rate
    * no boring training
    * learn something new everyday

Cons

* MSI has a policy of discipline first, ask questions later
    * like 10 different bosses breathing down your neck in any given day
    * absolutely no sense of organization - everything is ramshackle at this company

get your act together it's really not that hard

A reflection of all the reviews-and experiences at Multi-systems

Former Employee - Former Support\Customer Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Former Support\Customer Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At one time they were a positive asset to the hospitality industry. They were also a positive asset to the IT industry. Small business with potential to have a solid foothold in the industry

Cons

I am writing a review to post an honest rating. I am noting that several positive reviews from the company are from executive employee's who were probably told to write them. To further prove this, if you note the dates...they are between Aug 13-19 2013. Can't be coincidence that 5 people all decided to write a review within a weeks time. What is funny is some of those positive ratings even slander their own support department which should show the character and the credibility of those postings. Hence the reflection of this company still being small business minded even though they could be marketing a gold mine of a product. Also this shows they do not support long term employees. This is show with comments that are slandering long term "distasteful" employees. I would expect a company to try to be positive about their own employees. There is no positive reflection of the company in the IT industry and don't expect much from the hospitality industry either

My advice, you might want to read more carefully on glass door reviews vs having your favorite minions post positive reviews. We are reading through your comments and even noting you slandering your own business. You might also want to pay attention to recruiters. I have personally worked with a few recruiters which commented that you are a "short term" low end opportunity and produce short term employment opportunities. You might also reconsider keeping your development staff out of the management because it is their slander and attitude that is causing the mismanagement. They need to focus on their job alone and not get involve with the politics. Also be aware I write this review after years of not working there. I keep in touch with my colleges and none of them are happy with their experience with MSI presently or past tense.

Very bad company starting with the owner/management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Things have gotten so bad year over the years it is hard to remember the good stuff. Some of the front line employees actually do care and want to make things better. Marc Voirol can be a pain sometimes, but he deeply cares to make things better and the best of the management team left around.

Cons

Not enough space to put everything. Favoritism is rampant. Compensation is a joke compared to other companies for the same job skills. The CEO keeps rambling off on his 'Guiding Principles' for the company and is the first one to ignore them and does it constantly. When a new management was brought in a few years ago and he was someone that cared about the customers AND the employees, the CEO just fired him and brought in more of his 'buddies'. A great example of the poor management is how they even went on Glassdoor and over inflated their stats here by having more than half the ratings come in the same week from only people that would rate them insanely high. Any company that needs to fluff up their own scores should be a tell-tale sign.

Rick needs to 'retire' again and take most of the current management with him. This isn't a mean statement, just a point of fact if the company ever really wants to grow and improve.

MSI is a great company!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

MSI is an awesome place to work. Management provides a fun supportive atmosphere. I am encouraged to learn new skills and best of all - all of my co-workers are like family. I know everyone and everyone knows me. And in addition to getting paid for something i love to do MSI often has fun days at work where we wear silly hats or Tshirts or have a fundraiser (with ice cream or food) for a needy charity.
    MSI is really a great place to work. We have a game room and now a new workout room. It's nice to take a break in the middle of the day for some Wii or a 10 minute run on the treadmill.

Cons

I have talked to my friends and there isnt any company out there with great health insurance right now. The health insurance isnt the greatest but it isn't the worst either!

I think management should listen more to employees. I think employees have great ideas!

A good company !

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

Offers advancement to deserving employees. Pay level is good. The majority of people that work there are awesome, they care about their jobs and the company. There is a lot the company offers that makes it worth it. I have seen people leave and come back and be extremely happy to be back.

Cons

Benefits are not what they should be (expensive health insurance) considering the claim that "people are #1". 401K match nonexistent. Lack of training across the organization (Support, QA, Development, Management).

Train your employees more but more importantly train them on a regular basis. The details of a week of training is quickly forgotten after 6 month, and the software continues to evolve which makes part of the original training becomes irrelevant quickly.

You determine your career path

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) full-time

Pros

I've done many things at MSI - Support, QA, Development, etc. So opportunities are plentiful. If you show a passion for your job, opportunities will present themselves (mind-reading is not real - you have to voice your desire to advance (and prove it) or you'll stay where you're at!). Technology is moving in the right direction. The developing cloud products are a work-in-progress, but have endless potential. Rick Munson is genuine. I've seen it firsthand on many occasions. But he's also a business man that knows how to turn buying rights to a left-for-dead product in 1990 into a 23 year, multi-million dollar company. With that comes tough decisions. Some people resent that. I admire it.

Cons

The pay for entry-level jobs could be higher. In some cases, you get what you pay for.

Allow for more time of trainnig employees in their job. This requires more resources. It's not a revenue center, but the rewards are priceless.

It's all good at MSI

I have been working at MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc)

Pros

The people are great when it is work related. They are helpful and can work hard as a team. When things need to get done, we get things done. I think the communication between different teams has gotten better over the years. There are different things that help the different departments to get familiar with each other that the company provides such as cooking for Ronald McDonald, event held by humanities committee, etc. I think that it is great that the CEO runs throughout the building to hello to the employees. There is acknowledgement for employee and that also has gotten better over the years. It might not be much but it helps a person that is feeling down to know they are doing a good job.

Cons

The negative comments and complaints from existing employees can be annoying. Employees talking about each other on how they are doing things wrong when they should be patient with each other and try to work together to get things accomplished.

Focus on the people. Acknowledge them and let them know when they are doing a good job. I think that newsletter about employees that used to come out should come back. It is good that they send the email out to get to know the new employees but the new employees should get to know the existing employees too.

MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc) Photos

Office complex
Break room and cake time

+ Add Photo