MSI Systems Integrators

Updated June 10, 2014
Updated June 10, 2014
4.1

Jim Simpson

Was a fantastic place to work.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators as an intern for more than a year

Pros

MSI had it all; Great colleagues, an incredible work environment, and a challenging work load. I learned a lot while I was an intern there and made some incredible contacts.

Cons

The pay was not the best, but was more then made up for with their policies regarding work and the culture they promoted.

Good internship experience

Current Employee - Intern  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small company but good feel

Cons

Seemed hard to move up

Great company before they were sold

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

MSI was an excellent company to work for before Sirius Computer Solutions acquired them in 2010. They often had family events, so I was able to bring my son along to have some fun.

Cons

I had been in my last position for several years and not able to move around in the company as I would have liked. MSI had such an honored position in our industry so when we got the news we were going to be acquired, instead of the other way around, it was shocking news. The acquisition effectively killed MSI. Instead of enhancing the services we offered, Sirius snubbed all efforts to help them improve their back office systems and services until it eliminated every trace of MSI.

Moral of the story to MSI execs: don't get out of debt by taking such drastic measures as erasing what was built in 16 years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfactory for an interim position

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

The local talent is tremendous. Engineers are top notch and very knowledgeable.

Cons

Management is all located in Omaha. Outside of home base there is very little integration with executives.

Management should be distributed among all sites more evenly. Promotions from within should occur more often.

Great Company with Solid Values

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

Company has a family oriented atmosphere and promotes a customer first attitude, which leads to excellent customer loyalty and relationships. Some of the most talented people in the business work at MSI.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to balance work and personal priorities, as MSI is an intense place to work; sometimes to much focus on number and measurements

Don't lose the family oriented atmosphere, and continue to treat employees well. Don't sell out to big company culture and associated values.

Review of MSI Systems Integrators

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

MSI Systems Integrators is a great place to work for its open & transparent communication culture, for giving very high value to work-life balance

Cons

MSI Systems Integrators is still trying to establish in the market. It is still trying to find its zone where it can excel.

Find the blue ocean of growth. You have great people in team and you keep them motivated. Just follow the dream.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

I find the level of teamwork and common goals is pervasive throughout the company. All employees are high performing individuals as well as team players.

Cons

The different practices can sometimes be very segregated. This can lead to a disjointed customer experience sometimes but the IT Architects are great at pulling things together.

I believe that the management team is extremely good here at MSI. They are quick to offer praise and also quick to offer corrective guidance.

Great Place to work

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

This is a great place to work. You will feel important to MSI and the work that they do. Very family oriented. If your looking for a place to stick around a while, this is it.

Cons

It is a smaller company so the pay is not as high as it would be in larger companies. But this can be offset by the very acceptable benefits that the company offers.

Keep doing what you are doing. The leadership style that I have seen managers use is effectively keeping their employees motivated to work for MSI and do it with passion.

Good company that struggles with focus... feels like a family.

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

Is a moderate sized business with the feel of a small business. This is a strength and a weakness.

Cons

Vision for the future is unclear

More specific focus on product and services value proposition prior to investment in bringing on new partners. (Sell what we have and are good at)

good

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

It is very flexible environment. Nice people.

Cons

.It is very flexible environment and that can be also cons..

It might be better to keep good person from leaving.

Worked for MSI Systems Integrators? Contribute to the Community!