MSI Systems Integrators

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Simpson

Was a fantastic place to work.

Intern (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsMSI had it all; Great colleagues, an incredible work environment, and a challenging work load. I learned a lot while I was an intern there and made some incredible contacts.

ConsThe pay was not the best, but was more then made up for with their policies regarding work and the culture they promoted.

Good internship experience

Intern (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsSmall company but good feel

ConsSeemed hard to move up

Great company before they were sold

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsMSI was an excellent company to work for before Sirius Computer Solutions acquired them in 2010. They often had family events, so I was able to bring my son along to have some fun.

ConsI had been in my last position for several years and not able to move around in the company as I would have liked. MSI had such an honored position in our industry so when we got the news we were going to be acquired, instead of the other way around, it was shocking news. The acquisition effectively killed MSI. Instead of enhancing the services we offered, Sirius snubbed all efforts to help them improve their back office systems and services until it eliminated every trace of MSI.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoral of the story to MSI execs: don't get out of debt by taking such drastic measures as erasing what was built in 16 years.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfactory for an interim position

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsThe local talent is tremendous. Engineers are top notch and very knowledgeable.

ConsManagement is all located in Omaha. Outside of home base there is very little integration with executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be distributed among all sites more evenly. Promotions from within should occur more often.

Great Company with Solid Values

Omaha, NE

ProsCompany has a family oriented atmosphere and promotes a customer first attitude, which leads to excellent customer loyalty and relationships. Some of the most talented people in the business work at MSI.

ConsSometimes difficult to balance work and personal priorities, as MSI is an intense place to work; sometimes to much focus on number and measurements

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the family oriented atmosphere, and continue to treat employees well. Don't sell out to big company culture and associated values.

Review of MSI Systems Integrators

Portland, OR

ProsMSI Systems Integrators is a great place to work for its open & transparent communication culture, for giving very high value to work-life balance

ConsMSI Systems Integrators is still trying to establish in the market. It is still trying to find its zone where it can excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the blue ocean of growth. You have great people in team and you keep them motivated. Just follow the dream.

Great place to work

Overland Park, KS

ProsI find the level of teamwork and common goals is pervasive throughout the company. All employees are high performing individuals as well as team players.

ConsThe different practices can sometimes be very segregated. This can lead to a disjointed customer experience sometimes but the IT Architects are great at pulling things together.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that the management team is extremely good here at MSI. They are quick to offer praise and also quick to offer corrective guidance.

Great Place to work

Omaha, NE

ProsThis is a great place to work. You will feel important to MSI and the work that they do. Very family oriented. If your looking for a place to stick around a while, this is it.

ConsIt is a smaller company so the pay is not as high as it would be in larger companies. But this can be offset by the very acceptable benefits that the company offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The leadership style that I have seen managers use is effectively keeping their employees motivated to work for MSI and do it with passion.

Good company that struggles with focus... feels like a family.

Omaha, NE

ProsIs a moderate sized business with the feel of a small business. This is a strength and a weakness.

ConsVision for the future is unclear

Advice to Senior ManagementMore specific focus on product and services value proposition prior to investment in bringing on new partners. (Sell what we have and are good at)

good

ProsIt is very flexible environment. Nice people.

Cons.It is very flexible environment and that can be also cons..

Advice to Senior ManagementIt might be better to keep good person from leaving.

Worked for MSI Systems Integrators? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSI Systems Integrators reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MSI Systems Integrators CEO Jim Simpson. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by MSI Systems Integrators employees.