MSI Systems Integrators Reviews

1 Rating

1. Good internship experience

Current Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company but good feel

Cons

Seemed hard to move up

2. Great company before they were sold

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MSI was an excellent company to work for before Sirius Computer Solutions acquired them in 2010. They often had family events, so I was able to bring my son along to have some fun.

Cons

I had been in my last position for several years and not able to move around in the company as I would have liked. MSI had such an honored position in our industry so when we got the news we were going to be acquired, instead of the other way around, it was shocking news. The acquisition effectively killed MSI. Instead of enhancing the services we offered, Sirius snubbed all efforts to help them improve their back office systems and services until it eliminated every trace of MSI.

Advice to Management

Moral of the story to MSI execs: don't get out of debt by taking such drastic measures as erasing what was built in 16 years.

3. Satisfactory for an interim position

Former Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

The local talent is tremendous. Engineers are top notch and very knowledgeable.

Cons

Management is all located in Omaha. Outside of home base there is very little integration with executives.

Advice to Management

Management should be distributed among all sites more evenly. Promotions from within should occur more often.

5. Great Company with Solid Values

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

Company has a family oriented atmosphere and promotes a customer first attitude, which leads to excellent customer loyalty and relationships. Some of the most talented people in the business work at MSI.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to balance work and personal priorities, as MSI is an intense place to work; sometimes to much focus on number and measurements

Advice to Management

Don't lose the family oriented atmosphere, and continue to treat employees well. Don't sell out to big company culture and associated values.

6. Review of MSI Systems Integrators

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

MSI Systems Integrators is a great place to work for its open & transparent communication culture, for giving very high value to work-life balance

Cons

MSI Systems Integrators is still trying to establish in the market. It is still trying to find its zone where it can excel.

Advice to Management

Find the blue ocean of growth. You have great people in team and you keep them motivated. Just follow the dream.

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

I find the level of teamwork and common goals is pervasive throughout the company. All employees are high performing individuals as well as team players.

Cons

The different practices can sometimes be very segregated. This can lead to a disjointed customer experience sometimes but the IT Architects are great at pulling things together.

Advice to Management

I believe that the management team is extremely good here at MSI. They are quick to offer praise and also quick to offer corrective guidance.

8. Great Place to work

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

This is a great place to work. You will feel important to MSI and the work that they do. Very family oriented. If your looking for a place to stick around a while, this is it.

Cons

It is a smaller company so the pay is not as high as it would be in larger companies. But this can be offset by the very acceptable benefits that the company offers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The leadership style that I have seen managers use is effectively keeping their employees motivated to work for MSI and do it with passion.

9. Good company that struggles with focus... feels like a family.

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

Is a moderate sized business with the feel of a small business. This is a strength and a weakness.

Cons

Vision for the future is unclear

Advice to Management

More specific focus on product and services value proposition prior to investment in bringing on new partners. (Sell what we have and are good at)

10. good

I have been working at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

It is very flexible environment. Nice people.

Cons

.It is very flexible environment and that can be also cons..

Advice to Management

It might be better to keep good person from leaving.

11. good

Former Employee - Business Integration Architect
    Former Employee - Business Integration Architect

I worked at MSI Systems Integrators

Pros

good salary and benefit.. free gym and lunches. optional flexitime with work. HR extrermley friendly also lots and lots of car parking space

Cons

not friendly people. computer systems never worked. rude customers and not large enough pay packets also fellow staff didnt treat us nice

Advice to Management

nice and friendly. dress sown fridays also dress up mondays. need to give staff free mobile phones and better computer system.

RSS Feed </> Embed