MTI Reviews

7 reviews filtered by
2.8
Jeff Baker

1. Great Company

I have been working at MTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome to work for in long term

Cons

Need to have nicer bathrooms

2. Small company not much room for growth.

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at MTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable work environment depending on the lenght of the contract awarded to the company.

Cons

Company struggles to get new business. Compensation is very limited. The only way to secure leverage during salary negotiations is to get the support of one of their key clients for the company to consider an increase. Benefit plans and policies constantly change to benefit the company. HR department

3. Easy

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Grafton, ND
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Grafton, ND

I worked at MTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work for, good training experience

Cons

sales projects fluctuated, sometimes selling stuff that was more difficult, like shipping jobs overseas.

5. In-house creative positions: Looking better and better

Current Employee - Creative Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at MTI

Pros

They are fair and try to hold on to every employee they hire. Management is friendly, and they support you in your position.

Cons

Hours aren't as flexible as I'd like. I would prefer to be able to adjust my schedule a little more according to how I feel I can function best.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to take risks. Pay people what they are worth, and they'll keep your back.

6. Extremely disappointed in how management has handled the company and its employees.

I worked at MTI full-time

Pros

Simply put, the best reason to work here is that the product is really good. Can't really say more than that.

Cons

This is a family owned business, and they don't let you forget it. Had to put up with constant micro-managing from every member of the family (five) employed there. All marketing positions were eventually eliminated due to the belief that those functions were simple and that management could do it themselves. They don't give fair compensation for any position other than upper level sales positions. Minimal vacation days and time off unless you worked your way to 10 years of employment. The CEO was constantly walked all over by his son, the EVP. He let his son make some decisions that seriously jeopardized the continued well-being of the company in my opinion. The EVP likes to maintain control over every aspect of the business, and has an extremely hard time letting positions operate with any degree of autonomy. He would act like you had the freedom to make a decision but then have to approve every single item you did. My advice would be to steer clear of this place at all costs. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

The CEO should grow a spine and stand up to his kids. He always let them walk all over him. EVP should understand that he doesn't know everything and trust in the employees he hires as they are the experts in their field, and having an MBA doesn't give you a magical knowledge of everyone else's jobs.

7. A stepping stone to a better position.

Current Employee - Technical Writing
    Current Employee - Technical Writing

I have been working at MTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK Benefits. Free Coffee 12 different types. People there are nice especially when you get to know them. Other than that not much.

Cons

Not much in the way for advancement. Like many places there seems to be some unexplained obligatory reason for unnecessary meetings that hamper progress. If these meetings were cut in half I am sure you would see greater morale and a greater sense of progress within the company.

8. Professional Services and Support

Former Employee - Professional Services
    Former Employee - Professional Services

I worked at MTI

Pros

Nice and relaxed environment most of the time with many training opportunities. Management are very easy going people and benefits are good.

Cons

It seems a bit difficult to change from one department or group to another since it is quite a small company and the resource planning is always very tight.

Advice to Management

Try to create more opportunities for people willing to try other career opportunities doing different activities within the company when possible.