MTM

Alaina Macià

What has changed today

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MTM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, most of the employees

Cons

Positive change is slow, but changes happen everyday

Talk to your front line employees, not their manager.

Every Week is Different

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at MTM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were excellent. The projects were interesting and I found good opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

As you have seen in other reviews, a huge problem at MTM is nepotism. There is no way to get around this. HR knows about this. Friends of the family are hired into positions they are not qualified for. Family friends steal from the company, but they still are respected more than you.
    One time the company set bonus criteria and we worked hard to meet all the criteria. The company elected not to pay the bonus. There was also an occasion where there were no annual pay raises for staff, but management voted themselves a generous bonus. Can you believe that?
    The company lacks direction. Projects are launched without studying return on investment. The result is the company has scattered its fire. Projects are not prioritized. Almost all projects are prioritized as Number 1.

You pay lip service to treating people well, but you treat people who aren't family friends as second class citizens.
    Focus on your core service.

enjoyable until the end

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at MTM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job, flexible hours, decent pay

Cons

Started to micro-manage. Very unprofessional (too much personal drama)

Your should no tolerate personal drama brought into the work place

Project Priorities - everything is number 1

I have been working at MTM full-time

Pros

IT leadership is solid, but changing.

Cons

there is no project selection

become data driven, for real and not in name only.

The company itself was ok, I didn't like the work though!

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in West Saint Paul, MN

I worked at MTM part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits! I loved having PTO! I was originally a full time employee but switched to being part time due to school. They thankfully allowed me to be a part time employee. I believe they only allow 2-3 part time employees per office (of about 40-50 employees).
    My coaches & supervisor were easy to work for. They appreciated hard work and quality work. I liked working for them.
    There were many opportunities for advancement. If you do good work, usually your supervisor/coaches will notice you and can recommend you.
    If you're bilingual and the company needs your language, you get compensated more! I think I made $2 more an hour than my fellow employees. There are also opportunities for pay raises. If I remember correctly, there are annual pay raises. And then based on your work, you can get to a tier 2 or tier 3, and that also means more pay. By the time I left, I was making $13.90 an hour (which was not bad, considering that I was just 3 or 4 years out of high school).
    Company has great incentives to work hard! They'd offer anything from extra lunch time, free half day or full day of PTO, free lunch, gift cards to stores and restaurants etc. Probably half of the time, if would just be in our MN office but the other half, we'd have to compete as individuals against other employees in other states where there are offices. It was great when I won prizes!
    On slow days, the company allows employees to go home early. You can choose to take PTO for the rest of the day or just take it as unpaid. It's usually 4-5 employees the max each time it happens (and it doesn't happen a lot). It usually happens just right before the holiday or maybe right after. Usually the following business day or maybe until Monday, then the work picks back up.
    Paid holidays!!! Although I was a part timer, I didn't get to experience this! :( The office usually shuts down for the major holidays. It is still opened on the "eves" though (christmas eve, new years eve). However, only 5-6 employees will work (employees sign up or if not enough sign up, then they will draw names).
    The company wants to maintain a good team morale and camaraderie so they hold annual company picnics (although I never went).

Cons

Maybe my vacations were just too long, but because I was a part timer, my PTO accrued much more slowly.
    Work was HIGHLY REPETITIVE. I dreaded coming to work every single day. When one of the coaches (team leads) asked me to do a task for them that allowed me off of the phones, I was thrilled and accepted the task right away.
    Some of the callers were decent. There are other callers that are just rude and really need to have a thing called respect and decency. I've been cursed at, yelled at for doing something I didn't even do, there have been threats against me... But that's just part of the job.
    BAD VIBE in the workplace. Employees are ALWAYS complaining about callers, even though that is against HIPAA (health information portability accountability act). Supervisors/coaches sometimes takes part in the conversation.
    Supervisors/coaches should monitor employees when taking breaks, bathroom breaks, during training breaks etc. One lady next to me took bathroom breaks maybe about 3-5 times a day for 5-10 minutes each time. The issue I have with this is that I usually see her socializing with coworkers on their break or their lunch break (in the break room next to the bathrooms). She may have an incontinence problem but I don't see why she should be getting paid for talking to coworkers.
    Mondays and the day right after the holiday are usually VERY BUSY. Mandatory overtime is usually assigned to full time employees, anywhere from 1 hour to 2-3 hours in addition to your usual shift. But these usually are just that 1 day, maybe 2 if a high volume of calls is anticipated. On busy days, we usually have to resort to taking down the name and calling them back when the call volume has died down.
    Work space is a little small so you're right next to coworkers and can hear them in their conversations. If they're dealing with a difficult caller, they may get into yelling matches and may even hang up on the callers (which is okay if the caller is swearing and warning has been given them. I usually just take it and try to quickly finish the call). It's not so great if your caller hears them.
    Sometimes the system would lag and scheduling medical trips would take forever to be scheduled. IT usually fixes the problem in 1-3 hours.
    Sometimes, transportation vendors can be rude on the phone with you or just not as knowledgable as they should be. For the most part, they usually are okay though.

The more plans/programs that an employees learn, the more s/he should be paid. Keep up with the incentive programs!

West ST.Paul terrible place.

Former Employee - Customer Service in West Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in West Saint Paul, MN

I worked at MTM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

40 hours a week but if you take time off even though you have Pto, it adds points against you.

Cons

A clique of managers who were there only because they were there when the company started. They dumped everything on us and when things didn't look good for them we were to blame. Had us take calls from Florida even though we knew nothing about the program. Half the clients were welfare people who automatically expected the best transportation and were too lazy to ride the buses, and pretending to be handicapped, but we were supposed to be super nice, and treat them all like royalty and go fast fast fast.! They did not even care if we gave good customer service. we just had to hurry hurry!

Start looking at lower management and checking them out. They are getting rid of new employees just to make themselves look good. The place has no soul unlike most medical companies where they truly care about the client.

Total Chaos

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at MTM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Sounded like a good company.

Cons

Very unstable. High levels of nepotism. More like a sorority than a company. Family financed, as you can tell by the name on the front of the building.

Quit selling products without knowing what they will cost. Quit chasing dreams, good company's are made with core products and hard work. Focus. Follow through.

Dont waste your time !!!

I worked at MTM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They care about your health and have cool benefits but they also frown upon people of a larger size. If they start listening to the low level employees Ibelieve she could improve her company

Cons

You do not get promoted by what you know only who you know, to much nepotism. A large family and friendly based company.

It doesn't matter if i had advise, People have tried to talk to HR and they do not relay the message to the CEO
    This is a perfect example of a company were the bad people continue to get promoted, and the good people don't have a chance to get ahead.
    If your a fast talker, full of BS and are good at getting ahead by talking your way up this is def the company for you. They do not check backgrounds and management will lie to get you
    in if she likes you

unorganized

I worked at MTM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were okay. There are some good staff members that you work hand in hand with every day. One of the only reason worth working for them.

Cons

Management is not knowledgeable or organized. For the most part management does not specifically create a feeling of superiority.

I LOVE it at MTM!

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MTM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started at MTM a little over a month ago, and I absolutely love it! The company is awesome! I've never worked in a Healthcare and medical related field before, but they do a great job teaching you everything you need to know! My supervisor and manager are always available for questions when I need them! (And I sure do ask a lot!) Working at the corporate office is always a plus! There is a lot of internal opportunity to move up, which I'm planning to do in the future! The pay and benefits are amazing! They work on a PTO schedule which you accrue hours every pay period instead of getting a set number of vacation days. A great company to get your foot in the door if you really want to grow professionally!

Cons

I live in St. Louis, so the commute time is one of my only cons. Another con is making sure management of CSR's are advising them to take corrections and fix things in a timely manner.

Keep up the great work! The only thing I would recommend changing is the 2 week orientation. It seems mostly based towards CSR's, and I came in as a Verification Specialist. A lot of the information did not pertain to me, only to the CSR's.

MTM Photos