MTM Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
61 reviews filtered by
3.1
Alaina Macià

Pros
  • Because the company is growing, there are constantly opportunities for employees to advance (in 4 reviews)

• Great work/life balance, Descent starting pay and quick pay increases once your able to meet stats for each Tier level (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer Service Reps were looked down upon by management (in 3 reviews)

• Poor leadership, financial decisions and nepotism all over (in 3 reviews)

1. Short-notice transportation arranger

Former Employee - Temporary Worker in Pulaski, VA
    Former Employee - Temporary Worker in Pulaski, VA

I worked at MTM

Pros

Supportive management and coworkers provide advice and encouragment

Cons

High volume of clients and very little time to find them transportation.

Advice to Management

Please provide more training for new hires. It would save time down the road.

Wonderful company to work for.

I have been working at MTM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity, career path. Great culture

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep p the good work.

3. Love it!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at MTM

Pros

amazing bonus every month for having good attendance and good stats!

Fun laid back environment!

Bosses that care!

Cons

Attendance is on a point system and sometimes that doesn't work well. If I get the flu for a week I'm gonna rack up 4 points, 12 points and you're fired.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees the way you do.

The cons out weigh the pros....

I have been working at MTM

Pros

I get a paycheck for the hours that I work. They do allow you 9 minutes per day to use the restroom. They did let us leave one time when we had a big snow and were fearful of road conditions. They do a nice Christmas dinner each year.

Cons

The director keeps the heat on 80°and challenges anyone to sat anything about it. This breeds germs and is miserable, some of us get nosebleeds and heat rashes from it. We don't get performance bonuses. They don't send out reports on those anymore so they just hope you have forgotten about it. All of the software that they have "upgraded" in the call center, the phone system specifically, is micromanagement friendly, not CSR user friendly. It shuts down and freezes daily, making it impossible to do your job, and it doesn't report your call times accurately, because it doesn't work properly and has limited functions, such as the inability to transfer out a member of a 3 way/conference call. I've been with the company for 2 years and only once in that time have they asked for feedback on how to improve morale and other things in the call center. Opportunity to advance in my call center is minimal, if any at all. I think in the 2 years I've been there I have literally seen 3or 4 job postings for people to advance from within from the CSR level. You are never able to go and talk with a member of management if you have an issue or emergency situation. You have to preschedule a meeting and get approval for it, so if you have an emergency, you're pretty much out back. They basically treat you like a slave that must be attached to the phone from the moment you get there til the moment you leave and you are not a person, but more of a robot who takes calls and makes sure they end right on time in accordance with their usually very unbalanced break and lunch schedule that changes daily.

Advice to Management

Turn down the heat. All the money the company is wasting on "upgrades" could have been saved since there was nothung wrong with the phone system to begin with. I understand it was harder to micromanage your employees but now the members cannot even call in most of the time. We're annoying our vendors because we have to call them and hang up 3 or 4 times in a row because they cannot hear us. This wastes our time and theirs and they get mad at the CSR because MTM has provided such poorly functioning programs. And those are just 2 examples. Either get I3 running correctly immediately or take us off of it until it all the bugs have been worked out of it. Turnover is getting bad and if you don't take care of the good people who have been there and are skilled in doing the job you need them to do, you'll end up with a call center full of jokers who don't care and can't keep up which will drag the business down in the long run. Also, you need to stop acting like if someone gets to take time off on a monday, mtm will collapse. It's not that way. Your employees have lives also and sometimes people have no choice but to be off on a Monday. MTM no longer treats it's employees like people. It's grown so much, and you've loaded so much on the backs of those who have been there through that growth, and also forgotten that those are people that have been holding the fort down and taking the heat for all the changes management didn't properly prepare for. We are people, but get treated like robots who are just a number and live only to

6. fun and laid back

Current Employee - CSC Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CSC Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at MTM

Pros

you get to help people get where they need to go

Cons

they have a poor attendance policy

Advice to Management

please listen to your agents sometimes

Bad all around

I worked at MTM

Pros

Nothing good about this company at all

Cons

These people are the worst. I have never had a more unprofessional working environment and all the negative e-mails that were sent at least once a day. I had a caller threaten to commit suicide and then I get in trouble for being off the phone to call 911 to get her assistance. They time your bathroom breaks and punish for having to go.

Advice to Management

Grow up

8. Great company to work for!

I have been working at MTM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO is fantastic! She truly cares about her employees, the ideas of her employees, and invests a lot in the growth, happiness, and wellness of her company. There is a lot of growth and opportunity here, they even provide training to help you learn the field where you may potentially want to move to. Innovation is highly valued, so new ideas etc. are welcome and encouraged. If you are looking for a company where you will be valued, and where you can have a career not just a job then I highly recommend MTM.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment so if you are not up to challenges, change, or progressing as a professional, this may not be the right fit for you. It's not a 9 to 5 job, MTM values dedication.

Whatever you do.... Stay away!!
    Even if finding a job has been difficult for you, this is not worth the risk!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at MTM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promotions and internal opportunities, decent benefits, ok attendance policy, CEO is a good person

Cons

Terrible training, lack of knowledge to do job. TERRIBLY LOW PAY, unfulfilled promises, unprofessional hiring structure, Lack of fulfilling company promise, coaches and supervisors are not helpful, unfair HR practices (termination), totally inflexible to providing work-life balance (no school possibility), poor reporting structure (never heard back from leadership with questions), WAY TOO MUCH information to be expected for CSRs to know, COMPLETE LACK of training provided to management and HR (obvious to tell when they can't answer questions).
    NEPOTISM- this is a big one. What some of the people are doing in certain positions is beyond me. It is quite noticeable to see how some employees working in various positions only got that position due to their buddy or whatever. A lot of departments have completely depressed people working there for the check only and it's obvious they have no business working in a high up position, no clue how they recruit or select their leadership positions as these employees typically have no background- just connections.

Overall, the company talks a good game and pleases the people they need to in order to look good on paper, working there is a different story!

Company promises that once you join you'll have opportunities to provide input and share ideas- NOT TRUE- this is actually discouraged heavily upon. A lot of departments are made up with inexperienced employees, who really have no insight to give to assist you when needed, which can be EXTREMELY STRESSFUL majority of your day. A lot of these same employees are very hateful to those who don't happen to be buddy-buddy with them. CSR's are told in training we are the "voice" of MTM and we are the most important voices in the company during training, after training however it is quite easy to feel like you are being looked down upon. Be quiet and do your job is the mentality.

Training modules at MTM are unbearable. Our trainer was pretty good, but lack of moving around or being hands-on really put a lot of us to sleep! Training gives the impression that MTM is a company that strives to really provide "exceptional" customer service, this needs serious rewording, MTM is simply a YES OR NO company. There is no going above and beyond. It's what can we do for you until we realize this isn't making us money anymore. This is so incredibly painful and obvious when you leave training. You will be literally laughed at if you go above and beyond to try and accommodate a member while taking up your own call time. This is completely true, no denying that.

Advice to Management

Improve the communication between lower level employees and leadership, CSR's aren't given proper training on protocols, terrible mode of communication while taking calls and reaching out to management. There should definitely be a training program for managers and HR, rather than just assuming they know since they've been here x amount of years. I was NEVER able to have my questions answered about benefits and many other items due to mgmt simply not knowing. Ridiculous.

I also recommend mgmt to "go at your own pace". It seems like all departments at MTM are taking on so many tasks and jobs that NONE of them are being approached and looked at entirely. The idea that a Process improvement idea will be looked at and given equity over a mgmt idea is a complete joke. Your ideas do not matter if you are in a lower position, but they used to.

Only cares about the bottom line.

I worked at MTM

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, that's it

Cons

Poor management, staff that did not care about the people it served.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more constructive criticism. Don't just come up with excuses to let someone go before the 90 days are up. Do you want strong employees? Then keep them in the loop about how to do better.

Lots of Potential but Not Much Solid Direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MTM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The general atmosphere is good and the people I work with are great. The casual dress is a plus and the benefit package is good for the size of company. There is a lot of opportunity for growth, and to work on a variety of different projects or departments. It does not a have a strict corporate structure, so getting your ideas heard and considered is not as hard as it is in a more corporate environment. There is great potential for this company, and the casual environment really makes for a generally good atmosphere.

Cons

The company is trying so hard to grow that it is expanding in too many directions at once without first making sure the core business is stable and efficient. The company does encourage the health and wellness of their employees, but the work life balance message seems far more talk than action. There is more work given to the employees of all departments than could ever possibly be done, and all of that work is "top" priority. Prioritization changes at the drop of a hat, over and over again, so that no project is ever given the focus and attention required to make it truly successful (or completed). Upper management has a terrible habit of not being able to wait out a project for it's full completion... after a few months there isn't enough progress to make the right people happy and direction changes. Everyone spins their wheels trying to change direction and figure out how to build a new project only to have direction change again.There seems to be a cycle happening every couple of years... the company has problems and goes into austerity mode (layoffs, interruption of non essential services, etc), everyone wonders if this will be the final nail in the coffin, people are asked to work even more with far less, personal time becomes non existent, things slowly turn around, MTM becomes profitable again, and then management starts pushing major expansions that overtax the available funding and personnel resources and eventually the company is right back to layoffs and austerity mode. Also be fully aware that it is trial by fire at MTM; sink or swim. If you can't handle high stress, a constantly changing priority list with a lack of realistic expectations, and the need to figure things out on your own with no documentation or direction then MTM is not for you.

Advice to Management

Reaching for the stars is good and all, but it would be better to do so while standing on a sturdy platform instead of a balloon. You need to stop trying to push expansion and growth for about a year and focus solely on making the core business stable and efficient. Stop selling things the company doesn't have and really strengthen what you do have; making it profitable enough to make expansion less of an eventual layoff risk. Turn it from a balloon waiting to pop into a solid platform from which you can reach for those stars without risking your employees.

MTM Photos