MTM Technologies

www.mtm.com

MTM Technologies Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Steve Stringer

Good company, Great Engineers!

ProsMTM Technologies, Inc. is definitely on the upswing. The company is going in the right direction and has been for quite some time. Not too many companies can say they are Partners with Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix and VMware, too name a few. The Architects are some of the brightest in the industry. The projects that the Engineers are on are designing some of the best technologies in the business today. Certifications are paid for by the company and the managers encourage you to get your certifications. Other pros are the folks that are there. Ask around and you will find that many of the people in various positions, from Architects to Engineers, Sales, to Management have been there for several years even some going on 15 years. That is key right there and something that is all positive!! Engineers and Architects help each other out with something we use called Team Services. Engineers that have come from other companies say they have never seen that and feel that they are not alone on a project and have someone with them all the time!

ConsNo raises, but the compensation is some of the highest in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a incentive plan for Engineers as they are your bread and butter and make the company go. Bonus and raises need to be implemented at all levels.

Sad state of affairs at a once great company.

Professional Services (Current Employee)

ProsBiggest Citrix & Cisco partner in the biz.
    Opportunity to get out beyond your comfort zone and learn new skills.
    Remaining consultants are some of the best and brightest in the business.

ConsZero business processes for escalation of issues with clients for consultants.
    Opportunity to learn new skills at the risk of getting written up for lack of experience.
    Education is on your own and reimbursed not paid for by the company ahead of time.
    All expenses are on your own and then reimbursed 60-90 days later.
    No 401k retirement match.
    Spouse/Family insurance is very very expensive.
    No raises after 3 1/2 years of service.
    No review after 3 1/2 years of service.
    Tools to do job are lackluster and determined on a whim.
    No room for advancement or career improvement.
    Environment between managers, sales, and architects is very exclusive -- "good ol boys club".
    Total lack of communication on all levels of the organization.
    Extremely unprofessional work/office environment.
    Management has a serious lack of interest in employee happiness/satisfaction.
    Zero direction and focus in the market.
    Company delisted from stock market and privately held as of 2009.
    No corporate cards for travel - combined with extremely late reimbursement makes for carrying large balances via personal means.
    Huge employee turnover in all markets.
    Mileage reimbursements are not even at IRS level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management here doesn't take advice unfortunately.

Some good people there, some bad. Money oriented.

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey switched over to Salesforce.com in January 2014, which is good.

ConsSome really bad managers. Alleged age discrimination. Unappreciative.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some of those millions of dollars and show some appreciation to the employees who work so hard there. Say "thank you" once and awhile. It goes a long way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No opportunity for career development.

ProsGood base pay. Overtime opportunities come and go frequently and occasionally able to work from home. Decent benefits for single.

ConsNo 401k matching. Management is out of touch with staff. No adequate training for job functions (learn as you go including getting written up). Tools to do job functions are not adequate for the tasks at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve your staff more into the company so they feel as a part of a team rather than just taking orders. It should not be the norm to come into the office one day and find out things changed. Anual reviews are needed and team inputs from individuals be considered of their peers. Create proper training for a job instead of reprimanding individuals in training.

A real review, not written by someone in the recruiting department

Account Executive (Former Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsI met some pretty cool people when I was there. But just about all of them have left.

ConsNo raises, insanely expensive health insurance (when I left a few years ago it was $1200/month for pretty bad insurance), extremely slow expense reimbursement. They're drowning in debt and haven't made a 401k contribution in years. Several times we were told with one day's notice that they couldn't afford payroll and that our next paycheck would be for half of what they owed us, and that they wouldn't be making it up to us at a future date. The CEO has become a ghost, completely disappearing when things were bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a lot fewer of you. When I left, almost 40% of the company was director or VP level.

Great People, and constant improvements

ProsWonderful group of talented people to work with, direct management that listens to what your needs are, and the company moving in a positive direction.

ConsRaises and training are next to impossible to come by. Tools to do your job are less then adequate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave yearly budget for raises and training. Evaluate the tools that are used to determine what changes can be made to enhance the job.

Awesome company but....

Systems Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsDecent training, good management, good work/life balance, overtime pay.

ConsNo reviews, no raises and no bonuses. So whatever you make now that's what you're gonna make for many years to come. Lost many good employees due to that, they will rather hire and train someone new than give raises to current staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises!!!! You will not save money that way, us employees we have that relationship with clients and a lot of times the reason why you get any business is because we keep them happy. So no raises = no motivation and nothing to look forward to.

Average Company

ProsVery good work/life balance.
    Encourages technical education.
    Decent Salary

ConsRaises are non existent.
    All expenses are on your own and then reimbursed 30-60 days later
    No 401k or retirement match.
    Spouse/Family insurance is very very expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart giving raises or offer an attainable bonus structure for employees.
    Start contributing to 401k or other retirement funds.

My experience at MTM has been rewarding, challenging, and I never stop learning.

Virtualization Architect (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsSome of the best reasons to work at MTM are the people, customers, technology, and challenges.

ConsOnly downside is I could work all day every day and never feel caught up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work you do. We are very lucky to have a team like we have.

Actually, it is a pretty good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFast Paced work with leading edge technologies. Extremely sharp consultants to work with. Management seems to care about their employees.

ConsLittle or no room for career advancement or growth. OT is paid in premium time rather than actual OT. Insurance is expensive and expenses are slow pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall your doing a good job; keep the momentum moving in the same direction.... Offer performance incentive plans. Top Gun is cool and appreciative but, there are many that exceed expectations and over-achieve that should be recognized for their efforts too. Communicate more about company performance, short/long term plans/goals; keep us excited about where we're headed. Create career paths/plans to retain and attract high performing personnel.

Worked for MTM Technologies? Contribute to the Community!