MTM Technologies

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Steve Stringer

Average Company

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good work/life balance.
Encourages technical education.
Decent Salary

ConsRaises are non existent.
Education is on your own and reimbursed not paid for by the company ahead of time.
All expenses are on your own and then reimbursed 30-60 days later
No 401k or retirement match.
Spouse/Family insurance is very very expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart giving raises or offer an attainable bonus structure for employees.
Start contributing to 401k or other retirement funds.

No opportunity for career development.

I have been working at MTM Technologies

ProsGood base pay. Overtime opportunities come and go frequently and occasionally able to work from home. Decent benefits for single.

ConsNo 401k matching. Management is out of touch with staff. No adequate training for job functions (learn as you go including getting written up). Tools to do job functions are not adequate for the tasks at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve your staff more into the company so they feel as a part of a team rather than just taking orders. It should not be the norm to come into the office one day and find out things changed. Anual reviews are needed and team inputs from individuals be considered of their peers. Create proper training for a job instead of reprimanding individuals in training.

A real review, not written by someone in the recruiting department

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at MTM Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsI met some pretty cool people when I was there. But just about all of them have left.

ConsNo raises, insanely expensive health insurance (when I left a few years ago it was $1200/month for pretty bad insurance), extremely slow expense reimbursement. They're drowning in debt and haven't made a 401k contribution in years. Several times we were told with one day's notice that they couldn't afford payroll and that our next paycheck would be for half of what they owed us, and that they wouldn't be making it up to us at a future date. The CEO has become a ghost, completely disappearing when things were bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a lot fewer of you. When I left, almost 40% of the company was director or VP level.

Great People, and constant improvements

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWonderful group of talented people to work with, direct management that listens to what your needs are, and the company moving in a positive direction.

ConsRaises and training are next to impossible to come by. Tools to do your job are less then adequate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave yearly budget for raises and training. Evaluate the tools that are used to determine what changes can be made to enhance the job.

My experience at MTM has been rewarding, challenging, and I never stop learning.

Virtualization Architect (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome of the best reasons to work at MTM are the people, customers, technology, and challenges.

ConsOnly downside is I could work all day every day and never feel caught up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work you do. We are very lucky to have a team like we have.

Actually, it is a pretty good place to work.

Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast Paced work with leading edge technologies. Extremely sharp consultants to work with. Management seems to care about their employees.

ConsLittle or no room for career advancement or growth. OT is paid in premium time rather than actual OT. Insurance is expensive and expenses are slow pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall your doing a good job; keep the momentum moving in the same direction.... Offer performance incentive plans. Top Gun is cool and appreciative but, there are many that exceed expectations and over-achieve that should be recognized for their efforts too. Communicate more about company performance, short/long term plans/goals; keep us excited about where we're headed. Create career paths/plans to retain and attract high performing personnel.

Be challenged, learn, become better - and make an impact!"

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou're given an environment to grow and learn. This is NOT a place to be complacent. Service and Sales Directors expect professionals to do great things with their talents. The beautiful part is that they're here to enable you to do just that. Throughout MTM's growth - there has been a lot of evolution both on the business and technical side. Direct alignment with key partners and vendors has allowed MTM to grow dramatically over the past 12-24 months. Current projects and partnerships indicate continued growth. There are a lot of talented folks here who are able to grow within the organization as they expand their skills. No place is perfect -- but MTM has been doing a great job improving the work culture and the overall business.

ConsThere were a few -- expenses, dis-jointed regional messaging, confusion at some of the managerial levels. However, much of this (if not all) has been addressed over the past year. As long as you have a good report with your managers and co-workers; it's hard to find things that are bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep developing next-generation solutions and keep listening to both your customer and your own organization. Always prize your talent. It's an extremely competitive market out there -- and having great people at the core can truly make an organization successful.

I've been very happy but no business is perfect.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people at MTM have been great to work with and are always willing to do what needs to be done to support our customers. I've always gotten what I needed.

ConsIt seemed investment internally at MTM has been slow the last few years while the economy has been slow but that seems to be changing this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that we are putting into place the backend and sales tools that will support the growth we have been seeing there are areas that I would like to see more investment. I think we need to invest more in our marketing budget and staff. I don't think enough resources have gone into creating an MTM brand in the industry or even internally. This includes creating a new website, search engine optimization, monthly webinars, blogging on our website by the engineers and architects. We have very smart people on our team and we need to showcase them to our partners and customers. I think we need to focus on branding our services better, specifically our managed services.

We need to add business development staff in all of the offices to continue growing. This will grow the business by finding new logos, allow the sales team to focus on closing identified opportunities, build new sales talent internally and it will quickly build our relationship with our top vendors.

We need to upgrade our IT infrastructure to match what we are selling (and commit to keeping it updated) as well as building out our internal labs more for the engineers. Our sales, architects and engineering staff need to be using the solutions we are selling on a daily basis. It will increase sales.

I would also like to see better options for career growth. Too often it seems like new positions/promotions are always going to a core group of people and if you don't happen to be in that region there isn't an opportunity for you.

Awesome company but....

Systems Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time

ProsDecent training, good management, good work/life balance, overtime pay.

ConsNo reviews, no raises and no bonuses. So whatever you make now that's what you're gonna make for many years to come. Lost many good employees due to that, they will rather hire and train someone new than give raises to current staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises!!!! You will not save money that way, us employees we have that relationship with clients and a lot of times the reason why you get any business is because we keep them happy. So no raises = no motivation and nothing to look forward to.

Senior Management completely out of touch with employees

I have been working at MTM Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNo micro-management of day to day work/tasks, casual work/office environment, good lower level management, competitive pay.

ConsComplete and total lack of communication on absolutely everything, no annual raises, high insurance costs/employee contributions, no 401K matching, Senior Management has a total lack of interest in employee happiness/satisfaction, very unprofessional work/office environment

Advice to Senior ManagementStart 401K matching. As we experience gas prices going higher and higher, allow employees to work from home 1-2 days a week, if they choose, to help compensate for no annual cost of living raises. When asking for employee input and opinions, actually listen to it and heed it, instead of completely disregarding it.

Worked for MTM Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MTM Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MTM Technologies CEO Steve Stringer. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by MTM Technologies employees.