MTV Networks Reviews

• intern
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

Fun, diverse atmosphere, but slightly bored

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

While interning at MTV, I was able to gain a lot of experience in my department. The people were very nice. The lounge is nice but definitely nothing to call home about. The environment feels very diverse and welcoming. I was able to meet with my intern supervisor on a daily basis to ask questions and receive feedback on my performance. I met some great people at MTV. Best of all, this internship looks GREAT on a resume.

Cons

I wish interns had the opportunity to rotate to other departments to learn more and increase networking opportunities. I never really got the chance to meet other interns as the place is huge. I was often bored with nothing to do even after requesting work.

Advice to Management

I can't speak as a paid employee, but as an intern, I would recommend increasing networking opportunities/events for interns.

2. good summer

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

fun. hip. trendy. lots of young people. There's always something going on.

Cons

huge place, hard to meet people. interns get no pay.

Advice to Management

get some more quality scripted shows and less reality

3. MTV Networks - Atom.com is great!

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Its a relaxed work environment with a young, energetic and funny group of people working there. Everyone is very dedicated to their work and no one puts in any less than their full effort. There is good support within the company and a friendly relationship between departments.

Cons

I am the only intern on my floor. While I have a great working and friendly relationship with my co-workers, I have no social opportunities to meet other interns.

Advice to Management

For their internship program, 1. allow interns to choose not to accept credit. (for legal purposes pay them $1, or something similar) This issue almost prevented me from working this summer, and 2. hold intern-only events so that we can network and keep in contact throughout the summer even if we are in different departments.

5. Intern at MTV Networks

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

MTV Networks has a great culture. Everyone who is there wants to go to work every day. They make your experience extremely enjoyable.

Cons

The organization is so large that it is merely impossible to get a taste of it all. Also, the candidate application process can be more effective shortened.

Advice to Management

I think that MTV Networks is doing well. It is a great place to work! One area for improvement would be to look more into the recruitment process and to make it more efficient.

As an intern, it's hard to tell.

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Love the cafeteria, interesting people, interesting projects, fun atmosphere

Cons

Was told I could get hands-on experience in the internship I never received, really bad desk set-up for an intern, never worked with or spoke to the person who was supposed to be my supervisor.

Advice to Management

Allow interns more opportunity to move from department to department.

7. Good learning experience

Former Employee - Intern

Pros

Creative hip atmosphere, lots of young people, possibility of running into celebrities and getting the first look into new media content, chances to participate in projects

Cons

High turn-over rate, job security is somewhat unstable, hard to get hired full-time (usually easier to get hired for free-lance projects)

Advice to Management

More stability and regiments, otherwise good job on work and life balance, diversity inclusion, and training programs (very large internship program)

8. Not as great as it seems. Don't be blinded by the name!

Former Intern - Design Intern
    Former Intern - Design Intern

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern

Pros

As a designer, fun projects.

Cons

No sense of company culture ro community, and no appreciation for its employees. You are a cog in the machine, alongside thousands of employees working to add "MTV" to their resume. Little appreciation ro recognition; you are a nobody. It is inexcusable for internships to be unpaid, at such a massive company.

9. A internship to have in college

Former Employee - MTV Press Intern
    Former Employee - MTV Press Intern

Pros

Was given many tasks. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Some managers didn't know how to relate to interns.

Advice to Management

Give interns value.

10. It was great.

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

The people and the environment

Cons

It is not always busy, sometimes boring.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed the internship program.

11. Fun

Former Employee - Intern

Pros

The enviornment is fun and you are working on fun projects the building is awesome the people are friendly cool location

Cons

people dont seem that happy

Advice to Management

Make internship work a bit more interesting.

RSS Feed </> Embed