MUY Brands Reviews

Cathy Bodenstedt

1. Can be first job, but you'll wasn't out quick

Current Employee - Shift Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at MUY Brands part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours good for part timers, employee discounts and free meals, most everyone in store is nice, easy job requiring minimal skills.

Cons

Your just another cog in the wheel to high management, constant turnover, minimum wage with no or small raises, call center that takes orders constantly messes up

Take care of your employees first, they're the face of the company

2. Not my best experience.

Current Employee - RGM in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - RGM in Houston, TX

I have been working at MUY Brands

Pros

I cannot think of a long list of positive things to say about this company. It used to be very long.

Cons

No work\personal life balance
    Mandatory unpaid overtime. (work 50 or you will be docked hours from your salary)
    Nearly unattainable bonus structure.
    Political bullying and steadily declining benefits.

IInstead of buying every market you can get your hands on, treat your current markets better. Do not threaten our jobs every five minutes. Don't tell us who to vote for. Provide insurance that is worth something. Give us something to look forward to instead of making more reasons for us to fefear for our futures.

3. Don't get there paperwork done correctly , then you don't get paid on time.

I worked at MUY Brands

Pros

Loved the people. They were helpful and nice.

Cons

Managers incompetent. She did the paperwork wrong. Then not just me but others weren't getting paid on time. I'm still waiting on my two checks and have to wait for the third pay period. The manager did the paperwork, I just signed where she told me to, then lied about why I wasn't being paid. Was supposed to today after I did the paperwork again but she sent it late so now she says next Tuesday. Others there it happened to got a credit card, but she won't help me. Well see what the next excuse may be.

Know your job, and be honest so your employees aren't getting false hope and working for nothing.

5. Decent Management, no advancement past store level.

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Manahawkin, NJ
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Manahawkin, NJ

I worked at MUY Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the job, bonuses for managers, receptive corporate structure.

Cons

No room for advancement past store level, incentives for hourly staff not great

more training and hourly employee incentives

6. Hypocrites

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

I worked at MUY Brands full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If they make a deal with you, they honor it.

Cons

Management lies to employees. They believe their own PR, that is, showing happy pix of company picnics, etc. All they care about is money, IMO. No collaboration, no teamwork. Do your job, here's your pay. Oh, we have to cut back, too, so here's less hours. Your opinion? Keep it, you don't run the company, we do.

Learn to listen, have some compassion for your fellow man. Stop trying to buy loyalty, it's pathetic.

7. Decent company if you land in a well managed location.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at MUY Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, no driving wage for delivery drivers, free food(within reason), opportunities for quick advancement (up to a point), call center takes the orders, reasonably priced medical benefits, drivers leave with their tips every day.

Cons

call center screws up the orders, advancement up to assistant manager before stalling at least 2 years before RGM, no additional compensation for college educated employees, bonus system incredibly complex and not in favor of the employees, unpaid training for city required licensing(managers only), published pay scale for management is inaccurate.

Don't lie to employees about managerial salary and then play dumb when they call you on it after promotion. If you say shift management is $10/hour, then pay that. Don't throw 57 additional cents on top of their current pay rate and say it's the same.

8. Great Opportunity for Young Folks

Current Employee - Driver in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Spring, TX

I have been working at MUY Brands part-time (more than a year)

Pros

For people still in High School and College, great place to work. Flexible hours, fair treatment. Work load won't kill you and drivers should get a good return on their effort since Pizza Hut has a strong brand presence across the US. Its also a great way for younger people to learn how to deal with people in the real world before they go onto other jobs. Managers don't like back talking, and sometimes people are rude. Treat all with respect and you will go far!!!

Cons

Sometimes customers can be rude because they've had a long day, and as it goes in the industry, rush hour can sometimes bring mistakes and long wait times for customers, further irritating them. Maybe limited room for advancement in the restaurant itself, but if you only stay at an entry level job all of your life, you not be noticing opportunities for advancement. That goes for anywhere.

Inform the workers about possible college reimbursement. Just found out about this and it would be an added benefit to working here if the information was provided. Providing college incentives is a way for all companies here in this country to step up and make this nation grow instead of relying on policy makers...The community invests in you...

9. It was a sad comparison to the Corporate Pizza Hut of America.

Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at MUY Brands

Pros

I don't have any other than you could then say that you had a job. Not one that treats you right or values your own personal time, but a job non the less.

Cons

Cons... Yes they are. Take a minute to look around and you will see that anyone else in the industry treats their employees and customers better

Learn the people first principle that the Pizza Hut Corporation has built their company around.

MUY Brands Photos