MV Transportation

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
2.2

Alex Lodde

Pros
  • I earned my cdl class B license with passengers and air brakes endorsement with paid training (in 4 reviews)

• Receiving a class b cdl with passenger and air brake endorsement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for huge responsibility (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of professionalism in the training department (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Commercial driver and customer service experience

Former Employee - City Bus Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - City Bus Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The balance of work-life can be well predicted on most occasions. The benefits provided are optional and dpending on your location, can be either expensive or economic. Training is provided if new to the field and a lot of the divisions even provide in-house certification.

Cons

There seems to be potential devalueing of the company from employees the longer and longer I was at a division. Whether on the clock or not, I refrained from hearing the drama and rumors.

Consider hiring dispatchers that already have mass transit experience and a high level of maturity.

Stressful

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hyattsville, MD
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hyattsville, MD

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A paycheck
    Cool people
    Metro accessible

Cons

pay for the amount of work
    No breakroom

Okay depending on which contract you work for.

Current Employee - Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Driver in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting the public
    Working with disabled/special needs individuals
    Interesting schedules

Cons

The pay and benefits vary depending on where you work. I started for the company in one state than transferred my job. The job was excellent where I started but I was stepping into a sweat shop where I transferred to. Management doesn't stand up for the employees in regards to relations between us and the local transit authority. Whatever whim they have we have to deal with. Routes bid are never structured the same twice, I should be able to bid on the same route over and over if it works for me. The company does not honor union contracts. They cut working hours randomly, while this is understandable due to service level (they can't give you work that isn't there) they could still manage operations better so the drivers are getting a more steady cut of working hours. There's little or no respect given to senior drivers(by this I mean those with years in or those with years of experience).

They need to stand up for the employees more.

Corporate Cluelessness

Former Employee - Many Hats in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Many Hats in San Jose, CA

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Willingness to let you work, Awesome co-workers

Cons

They have no clue as to the pulse of any particular Div. also needs better starting wage along with yearly increases. praise your backbone more often. They would like to know they're needed and appreciated too!

Appreciate your work force , Also give some employees a chance for atonement, Some are fired for almost know reason at all! Mangers are suppose to be bias, Not to get rid of all, what they would call a " Threat to their own selection process" Most employees can make their job easier if they would take suggestions and become a little flexible. All Div. are different.

Good company, but not good benefit...

Current Employee - Junior Network Engineer in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Network Engineer in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company, many opportunities & branchers.

Cons

need to offer more salary and benefit

Over worked.Don't care about the employees

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

Good pay.fulltime hours.paid time off

Cons

Too busy..shows favoritism.Too many dumb rules.get written up over anything

Need new training

If red bull gets sued for their slogan. Mv's "we provide freedom" should get sued as well. This company provides modern slavery.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at MV Transportation (less than an year)

Pros

Gaining experience and learning a lot. Receiving a class b cdl with passenger and air brake endorsement.

Cons

Training was horrible, I had to ask my fellow drivers if I had a question and wanted it to be answered properly. My trainer spoke horrible english, and couldn't explain a freakin thing, he was incompetent and taught the trainees all wrong, and if you didn't understand him or was confused, or even made a mistake because ur new, he would get so mad! Couldn't even teach the newer drivers after me how to make a right turn on a gillig! We had 14 DRIverS in training and because of the instructor, 13 left... What's even worse is that a couple other drivers, including myself have not received my real cdl. I'm still using my temp license that's been getting extended every two months! I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I'm really grateful for the experience I gained with this company, but the supervisors are morons... And they pay so badly for the kind of work they give. You even work 6 days a week every week, 10-14 hours. Say good bye to life. Provide freeddom my...

Go to hell.

Great co-workers, exciting challenges, love day to day tasks

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

New opportunities, great co-workers for the most part, learned a great deal of knowledge thus far, like my day to day duties and tasks

Cons

Benefits are horrible, no raises over past years, can't keep up with the increase in cost of living

Be more aware of how your decisions to cut costs by slashing benefits affects your employees struggling to make ends meet without raises to combat the ever rising cost of living

Driver

Former Employee - Paratransit Driver in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Paratransit Driver in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime, mangers willing to work with you.

Cons

Low pay and expensive benefits and bidding for shifts.

Retrain dispatchers to be courteous and respectful to drivers

Mixed bag, but an opportunity.I worked at a local service, not at the corporate office.

Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in Fairfield, CA

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Passenger Endorsement training, some good practice with experienced drivers.

Cons

Lack of professionalism in the training department. No concept of what standards are for training in a professional setting. However, the transportation industry is still in the dark ages with things like training, documentation ... also with the idea that you shouldn't yell at people at work!

Train your supervisors, manager and trainers. Some have no idea how to manage people in a respectful way. All that stuff in the employee handbook about respectful environment is lost on some.