MV Transportation

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alex Lodde

Only 7 days & ready to go. The company is cheating workers out of so much. One lady quit yesterday and she just started!

I have been working at MV Transportation

ProsPays ok, ok attitudes in the office so far. Training was easy. As a Reservation Rep Its been pretty easy and this is only day 7 for me.

ConsWas lied to about about schedulIng, about the union, how management treats their employees. Sexual harassment in the office going unnhandled. Could be very stressful if you allow it to be. I'm just here til I graduate college

Advice to Senior ManagementI've heard managers state that they are ready to quit...that says a lot!

Love what I do.

Driver/Trainer (Current Employee)
Lawrence, KS

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat work environment, decent pay

ConsThe training program is run poorly. Management is distant.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone who can run the training program better

Fast growing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MV Transportation

ProsExcellent training and safety programs. Best in the business. Growing fast lots of opportunity for advancement. Great support from corporate office.

ConsMaybe growing too fast. Winning contracts and adding business seems to be a high priority, even to a fault. Signing contracts that don't have the best terms and then try to renegotiate later.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

did you know I worked for a year for this people and they refused to tell me what MV stands for or means?

Bus Operator (Former Employee)
Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at MV Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsNo way I would work for this evil people.

ConsTo work for MV is to give up a lot and even if you have a union , they don't care for laws or rules .

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by been human.

Bus driver

Bus Driver (Former Employee)
Stockton, CA

I worked at MV Transportation part-time for more than 5 years

ProsLoved my clients , loved helping people everyday

ConsManagement not good lots of favorites bad pay buses in very bad condition they don't listen to you they don't believe you when you tell them something's wrong feels like they're out to get you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees and listen to them more

It was like being in hell - Hyattsville Office

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
Hyattsville, MD

I worked at MV Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsI don't see any pros about working at that place. The managers are unfair. It is an oppressive atmosphere. You can't work in a positive environment because they are watching you every minute. They even time how long you are in bathroom. To much micro-management and supervisors have no interpersonal or leadership skills.

ConsNo team spirit. The workplace culture is such that the employees talk about sex as if it is the weather. There have been several allegations of sexual misconduct. Everybody knows everybody's business. It's like a soap opera. No room for advancement unless you are part of the "in" crowd. Very cliquey. Management is a joke. The union is a joke. They are not employee oriented. They seem to take personal pleasure in writing people up for everything. They monitor everything, even how long you take when you go to the bathroom. I've seen them fire people with several commendations for practically nothing. They are not family oriented and be very careful because they are the worst violators of their own policies. One example - FMLA. They are not compassionate about disabilities or illnesses. If you know what is good for you, keep looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being biased and promoting all the employees who are your friends or lovers. Stop your favoritism where the employees you don't like are stuck with the majority of the work while others get to sit around playing on their cell phones. Most of all stop lying.

Could be better but I love what I do

I have been working at MV Transportation

ProsMeeting new clients and seeing New places. The joy of a client thanking you on your safe and accurate driving

ConsOffice employees be slacking off, and it's more about the company not the workers. Need appreciation days

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to appreciate the drivers, we are the ones getting the back lash from the clients when office employees mess up

2 to 3 Year Job- Don't plan on staying longer.......

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood wages and benefits for the top employees.....

ConsSeveral locations in the "ghettos" of America, hired anyone who could get a driver's license, expected too much from employees with limited education, and absolutely no integrity from the people at the top. Everyone earned a different deal based on their given race with preference given to white men, or on their relationships with the executives and owners and the only loyalty was given to the bottom line. If your division makes money, you are rewarded regardless of how the money is earned.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire all college educated employees to sit in your C-Suite and make a serious effort to prosecute theft at the top.

Very enjoyable to work for. There is a very good relationship between management and employees.

Mechanic (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at MV Transportation full-time for less than a year

ProsThey are very fair with their employees. Management bends over backward to accomedate their employees

ConsThe only complaint I had was on third shift, when busses were being washed the water dripped from the bus and backed up in the mechanic area because the floor drain was always clogged with silt.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

I enjoyed working with the public.

Para Transit Driver (Current Employee)
Alsip, IL

I have been working at MV Transportation part-time for less than a year

ProsThe management are very helpful.

ConsGetting certified takes a long time.

Worked for MV Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MV Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MV Transportation CEO Alex Lodde. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by MV Transportation employees.