MV Transportation

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.3

Alex Lodde

Pros
  • I earned my cdl class B license with passengers and air brakes endorsement with paid training (in 4 reviews)

• Receiving a class b cdl with passenger and air brake endorsement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for huge responsibility (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of professionalism in the training department (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Demanding

Former Employee - Paratransit Driver in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Paratransit Driver in El Paso, TX

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There was no problem in getting time off. There were always extra hours available if you want them. I enjoyed interacting with the customers. Safety was always a priority.

Cons

You are constantly on the go & it's hard to get a break during your shift, even to eat or go to the restroom.

It would be better if the people in dispatch spoke English as their first language. It can be very hard to understand them over the radios when they have a heavy accent.

Ugh

Current Employee - Para Transit Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Para Transit Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

They are always hiring. It was easy to get the job and the training wasnt that difficult. You get paid for the almost 5 weeks of training and get paid 50¢ extra for driving wheelchair vechiles even when you have no wheelchair rides. Some of the riders are super nice and will still tip you even if you are late. People at the company are really nice and try to help you as much as they can.

Cons

You don't get paid enough for the work you do. Its not just driving. It's driving, customer service and babysitting. And other drivers like to get aggresive when they have to wait for you to load and unload your riders so you have to deal with that.

Commercial driver and customer service experience

Former Employee - City Bus Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - City Bus Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The balance of work-life can be well predicted on most occasions. The benefits provided are optional and dpending on your location, can be either expensive or economic. Training is provided if new to the field and a lot of the divisions even provide in-house certification.

Cons

There seems to be potential devalueing of the company from employees the longer and longer I was at a division. Whether on the clock or not, I refrained from hearing the drama and rumors.

Consider hiring dispatchers that already have mass transit experience and a high level of maturity.

Can't yet anywhere

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

All the overtime you want. Guaranteed anniversary raise (small, but better than nothing). Lots of great co-workers. Training provided.

Cons

To get off road & into office means pay cut. And, someone better REALLY like you in management. Need more training.

Listen better to people you manage, because if it wasn't for us - you wouldn't have a job

Stressful

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hyattsville, MD
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hyattsville, MD

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A paycheck
    Cool people
    Metro accessible

Cons

pay for the amount of work
    No breakroom

Waste of time

Former Employee - Bus Driver
    Former Employee - Bus Driver

I worked at MV Transportation

Pros

Great co workers, and some of the trainers are nice to work with

Cons

Too much responsibility for such low pay. Co workers are great, and some of the trainers are nice. I have never worked for a company where 90% of the employees, including some management, tell you to get your training, and then get the hell out. Find a BETTER company to work for.

Try encouraging your employees, instead of DISCOURAGING them.

Corporate Cluelessness

Former Employee - Many Hats in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Many Hats in San Jose, CA

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Willingness to let you work, Awesome co-workers

Cons

They have no clue as to the pulse of any particular Div. also needs better starting wage along with yearly increases. praise your backbone more often. They would like to know they're needed and appreciated too!

Appreciate your work force , Also give some employees a chance for atonement, Some are fired for almost know reason at all! Mangers are suppose to be bias, Not to get rid of all, what they would call a " Threat to their own selection process" Most employees can make their job easier if they would take suggestions and become a little flexible. All Div. are different.

Okay depending on which contract you work for.

Current Employee - Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Driver in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting the public
    Working with disabled/special needs individuals
    Interesting schedules

Cons

The pay and benefits vary depending on where you work. I started for the company in one state than transferred my job. The job was excellent where I started but I was stepping into a sweat shop where I transferred to. Management doesn't stand up for the employees in regards to relations between us and the local transit authority. Whatever whim they have we have to deal with. Routes bid are never structured the same twice, I should be able to bid on the same route over and over if it works for me. The company does not honor union contracts. They cut working hours randomly, while this is understandable due to service level (they can't give you work that isn't there) they could still manage operations better so the drivers are getting a more steady cut of working hours. There's little or no respect given to senior drivers(by this I mean those with years in or those with years of experience).

They need to stand up for the employees more.

Great co-workers, exciting challenges, love day to day tasks

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

New opportunities, great co-workers for the most part, learned a great deal of knowledge thus far, like my day to day duties and tasks

Cons

Benefits are horrible, no raises over past years, can't keep up with the increase in cost of living

Be more aware of how your decisions to cut costs by slashing benefits affects your employees struggling to make ends meet without raises to combat the ever rising cost of living

Good company, but not good benefit...

Current Employee - Junior Network Engineer in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Network Engineer in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company, many opportunities & branchers.

Cons

need to offer more salary and benefit