MV Transportation

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alex Lodde

A fiil in job while finding another

OCTA Bus Driver (Current Employee)

ProsHealth Insurance seems to be very good

ConsLittle time w/family, Pay is very low w/ big responsibility, Not a career job!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis bus driving job should be paying at least $16.00 to start.

Free Class B Training

Coach Operator (Current Employee) Santa Clarita, CA

ProsRelatively easy job if you like driving public transit

ConsUnion Job with lots of personality clashes. Union reps do not necessarily fight for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Benefits Good Work Place Bad

Bus Driver (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood benefits, Unionized, No grave yard shifts [4:30 am - 10:30pm (Saturday-Sunday) ] that's always a plus, and you can cash out on your unused vacation time and sick pay.

ConsSome of management gossips with supervisors who gossip with the drivers which creates a messy and hostile work environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looking for a better career growth company

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Carson, CA

ProsIt's a job and they will hire you quick.

ConsThe training was horrible and the company is very uncaring for the employees

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees more and you will get better quality work

Would have been better if they treated you like a person.

Maintenance Director (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsBenefits and pay were probably the only things that were of any value. Organization of company helped in running maintenance shop.

ConsUpper management did not support the employee, often siding with the unions to get what they wanted. They would falsely accuse the employees when they wanted you gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to take care of the backbone of the company - your working employees.

Be careful what you wish for

Driver (Former Employee) Tulare, CA

ProsThe co-workers are generally good people

ConsThe higher management are not very intelligent nor have good customer relation skills

Good experience

Safety Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe best thing about working there is that the company truly takes care of everything for you. I never had to spend my own money for supplies or travel.

ConsThe hardest part for me was even though i didnt have kids my family was very important to me and balancing flying out ever week was super hard. especially during a lost in the family,

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better work life balance.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Only 7 days & ready to go. The company is cheating workers out of so much. One lady quit yesterday and she just started!

ProsPays ok, ok attitudes in the office so far. Training was easy. As a Reservation Rep Its been pretty easy and this is only day 7 for me.

ConsWas lied to about about schedulIng, about the union, how management treats their employees. Sexual harassment in the office going unnhandled. Could be very stressful if you allow it to be. I'm just here til I graduate college

Advice to Senior ManagementI've heard managers state that they are ready to quit...that says a lot!

one of my best my best job experience

Bus Driver (Former Employee) Half Moon Bay, CA

Proswill meet new faces and types of people,see different places

Consevery day of driving will searching for the paces where you should be

Worked driving for one year.

Coach Operator (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsYou would think the benefit and respect for all the mufti tasking and delivery of very diverse group of people, being on a seduce that is very detailed to the minute. Driving in all weather conditions. responsible for the safety and sudden emergency situation.

ConsThis company has the nerve to in trust many duties that require highly personal and responsible workers. Not to mention dependable and i myself had a very serious situation with a severally challenged wheel chair bound person who had a fit and with camera i was able to capture his behavior. If i had not push button they would have not been as respectful to how i handled crisis. It is a job i would never allow any member of management to bully me. This company pays as much as A fast food employee. And the job title is very deserving of very good pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very aware of how you hire and manage to get away with the under paying of such micro managed detailed oriented, safety priory employee`s. The same way personal care providers are hired to do the job of a registered nurse at fast food pay. You look for people who are established drivers who have detailed repetitive organizing skills. It takes years to even get the minimum respected wage. Smart because it is a job one needs to leave from the over whelming demands and or micro managing from management, Hiring and train of newbys that may start with a few, but only one or two will last. Starting pay minimum pay. Shame on you.

Worked for MV Transportation? Contribute to the Community!