MV Transportation Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
94 reviews filtered by
2.2
Alex Lodde

Pros
  • I earned my cdl class B license with passengers and air brakes endorsement with paid training (in 4 reviews)

• Receiving a class b cdl with passenger and air brake endorsement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for huge responsibility (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of professionalism in the training department (in 2 reviews)

Unorganized

Former Employee - Bus Driver in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Bus Driver in Fairfield, CA

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commute for me was local, General Manager is cool, laid back but expects you to do your job and follow rules

Cons

Pay and co-workers, some of the most gossiping ratchet black folk I have ever been around. Just MESSY

2. Professionalism and confidentiallity

Current Employee - Flexible Driver in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Flexible Driver in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One can travel within about four hundred mile, [Can] make over-time pay, Can also help those that need a little care in mobility, gain driving mile for what ever you made need the experience and miles for. You are not actually bothered for the most of the experience. But, you need to be flexible.

Cons

In office staff (a few, not all) are unprofessional in there way of working with the driver's, At least the driver's that they choose to be unprofessional with. They don't care to give extra location info on their manifest/pick up client documents, NOR through cell phone-walkie Talkie. This time of attitude is help for client, nor driver. I guess confidentiallity gets no attention their because of their small quarter's. But then too, maybe its just the culture. Finger pointing at the driver, When the issue is not the driver's, is another immature feature at the perticular office that I type about..

I'm looking for better day.

Advice to Management

Open the document cell's wider (If using word, or Open Office) to give better information on the manifest, not only the address and zip code. For new drivers to become better, and to not loose so many client's, Have and be prepared and [willing] to speak the info to the driver over the communications device. Doing this meantioned will alway start a day off well. Last but not least. Any staff member should not PICK anyone, let alone new employee's to pick with. Staff does not know the people personally, people have feelings. Lets look at the past event's in our society.

I'd recommend MV to someone. But, I would tell them what to be prepared for, and to look at his/her own weaknesses as to how they would deal with strange issue involving other employee, or staff. Probation is never meant to disrespect new employee, nor intimidate them.

Driver

I worked at MV Transportation

Pros

Plenty of overtime & working alone.

Cons

Management stinks. Too busy trying to fire senior employees than to keep them.

Advice to Management

Keep your loyal people.

5. would rather not say

I have been working at MV Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

employment, rare team activities, secure location. cons outweigh

Cons

Lack of space for employees, little to no advancement, cliques, gossips, rare team activities, lowest pay rate\

Advice to Management

Get new supervisors and *listen/be active* with employees instead of staying in an office and ignoring problems

6. Para Transit Driver

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

Yet a regular pay check.

Cons

Poor training, unorganized, overworked, and unethical

Advice to Management

Repair the culture of the organization.

Not a bad company to work for but you should have an open and flexible schedule as it changes frequently.

Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in San Jose, CA

I worked at MV Transportation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company does a good job with the training, re-training, reviews etc. Supervisors, Road Supervisors, and Coworkers are encouraging and nice. Trainers are excellent.

Cons

My approved weekly schedule was never honored and I was hired with the false impression that they would work with my school schedule as I was a student. You only get your schedule for the next day by 10pm, so when it doesn't match what your approved schedule is (due to either school or another full time job) you have to wait the next day to either call in or maybe even come in late because your taking night classes until 9:30pm and are scheduled to work at 4:45am.

You have to sign papers when this happens, so it makes you look unprofessional and irresponsible, despite the fact that it is because your work schedule keeps changing on a daily basis (even if they agree and approve your schedule for certain hours). I personally did not get enough sleep for my classes nor did I have enough for driving, which is not safe.

If you have an open and flexible schedule then you probably will not run into this problem. However, if you are hoping to take classes or have another job, it might be.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion would be to try to be more flexible in working with students schedule and those who have another job. The company has a high turnover and if you would like to keep your good drivers and the time invested in training them, try to work with and honor their schedules.

8. It's ok not best job to have. I'm still looking for better opportunities

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

Work is always there and overtime

Cons

Bidding suck. If you nearly start you will get the bad shifts

Advice to Management

Better pay for employes

9. NEVER WORKING FOR THEM AGAIN, WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMEND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A JOB TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Former Employee - Scheduler/Call Center in Niles, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduler/Call Center in Niles, IL

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As s new startup location, MV has brought in food and drinks daily for the employees.

Cons

Management is really deceitful and the worst set of liars and unprofessional I've ever had to deal with. I had abruptly resign from there due to being quickly demoted. I wasn't trained as much but they would rather place someone with less experience with the role into the position than someone who's moved up the ranks in transportation. They mentioned not setting me up for failure and keeping a momentum going which was a flat lie because they ignored my suggestions and from I've heard they're suffering because of it. They've lied to everyone about their pay and have been the biggest set of corporate bullies I've ever witnessed.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and listen to your employees. Management might want to do what's best for the interest for the company but this arrogance and intimidation will drive out good employees. I have a lot of respect for what MV has become as a company but I think MV's corporate office needs into these shady practices of demoting people without cause, lying to people about their pay first promised and threat's made to employees.

10. Not worth the trouble

Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Para Transit Driver in Gainesville, FL

I worked at MV Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pro's about this Job. Its a Job that will hold you until you find a better one. You gain experience but i doubt you be there for long, unless you're a college student and Just need a job.

Cons

Ima get straight to it. They pay 8.75 starting out. You will basically train yourself how to do this Job. No Real structure. They hire felons. No place to try and make a career at. Alot of responsibility for 8.75/Hr. If you cant read a map dont even bother to show up.

Advice to Management

Pay your drivers fool.

11. Mv mechanic at the Philly location

Current Employee - PM Tech in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - PM Tech in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at MV Transportation

Pros

Reasonable pay, 401 retirement plan, good advancement possibilities.

Cons

Health care is very expensive especially if you have kids to cover. Job can be stressful at times when there is a lot of work to get done in one night.

Advice to Management

Work load needs to be spread out little better between employees. Company provided tools could be in better condition, other company required tools still need to be bought for the shop to help complete tasks more efficiently.

MV Transportation Photos