MVNA Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
CEO

1. Amazing staff, rewarding but stressful work.

Current Employee - Social Worker in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MVNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff here are great! I've met some amazing people & made lifelong friendships. Supervisors/Team Leads are great as well. Really dedicated, supportive & non judgmental. They seem to really trust their employees & value their work. Flexible scheduling is a huge plus. Field staff make their own daily schedule. Office staff have normal office hrs. Pay is decent, not as much as a hospital but better than your average non profit. HCMC is in process of acquiring us, good for some (not for others).

Cons

Work load is big. Not great work life balance, especially for the supervisors. They pull long hours frequently. Benefits are horrible. You'll be paying in just to cover yourself, adding dependents is extremely costly. Seems to be some secrecy & top down decision making from higher ups, with limited explanations at times. Seems that Team leads get stuck in the middle of supporting their staff & dealing with higher ups. Definitely a nursing agency, therefore high value is placed on nurses, can feel like others don't matter as much. HCMC is in process of acquiring us, good for some, not for others. High turnover, probably because of lower pay than hospitals/clinics & high work loads.

Advice to Management

Remember what it's like to be working in the field. It's hard to do amazing work with high caseloads & constant turnover.

2. Clinic Service Representative (Seasonal)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MVNA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to select my hours of work, met some great RNs, had my share of working with good clients - young and old.

Cons

Working odd hours, working short hours, not being able to pick the sites that you would be available to work at (they selected the sites for you based on your criteria). Also, the person who scheduled me for an interview was not a good communicator. She called me and left a message. I called back 3 minutes later and she already forgot who I was. She also scheduled my interview in the middle of an inconvenience to the person who actually interviewed me (that person seemed flustered upon arrival). It did not look well for the company. I cannot speak for the company overall because the seasonal work was fine. It wasn't amazing but it was good PT work to pick up hours and make extra money.

Advice to Management

Go back to allowing us to pick our flu-shot sites. I had to email the scheduler back and forth to trade sites because one location was closer to my part-time job than the other. She had told me the site o wanted was already taken and I find out later in the week that it was never covered - quite the hassle.

A Company with Compassion

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MVNA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees truly care and work together to help the clients. Everyone works very hard to achieve specific goals to deliver excellent nursing service to our clients.

Cons

Cramped and noisy area to work which just adds to the stress of the job. Everyone is in one big room so it gets quite noisy. There isn't enough desk space to work.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices, see what we do and get involved with the employees. You are so far from reality.

5. Beware

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Intake Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Intake Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MVNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. The new buidling is very nice. The lunch hour is generous. In the city.

Cons

The work area was intolerable. It was very small, not enough room to do your work. Management is not involved in this area. They expect you to learn a very complex system quickly.

Advice to Management

Get more involved in the intake area. Watch supervisors time and authority.

6. Loved my job, however dissapointed that they laid me off.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Home Visiting Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MVNA

Pros

wonderful place to work if you are an RN who doesn't need benifits. MVNA is a wonderful group of friendly people who work together to get a job done.

Cons

MVNA is having difficulty staying afloat financially. They are hiring RN's on a part time basis so as not to provide benifits. They are trying to eliminate all LPN positions.

Advice to Management

LPN's are the people who do the grunt work. they are the backbone of the company. The RN's have too much paperwork to give the client's the attention they need.

RSS Feed </> Embed