MWH Global

MWH Global Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

MWH Global President & CEO Alan J. Krause

Alan J. Krause

Pros
  • Good working environment and great work culture (in 10 reviews)

• For a consulting company, the Work/Life Balance is great (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Slow progress with lots of bureaucracy, lack of leadership to make deadlines and stick to them (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management "good old boys club" with no accountability (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Tax Intern for Summer

Tax Intern (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsAwesome International Tax Team. I learned a ton of information in a very short amount of time. All the employees are very friendly and helpful. I have gained very valuable experience that could be taken into public or industry tax accounting.

ConsNo cons for me. The only thing would be if you are looking to work with lots of people everyday this might not be the place for you. The work is very specific, and you might not have as many opportunities to branch out as you would in a large CPA firm.

Great people and lot of industry recognised talent

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a lot of senior telant and people who have a passion for the work they do.
    Opportunities are available for one who seeks them.

ConsManagement is very direct/ billable time driven. Expectation to have high direct time and being billable regardless of position comes in the way of being able to train tallent and be a good manager. People who are good managers end up working long hours with no overtime or any additional benifit.
    Salary and raise is in general not spectacular with very few exceptions.
    Lot of emphasis on paperwork and checking boxes which can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the employees want and try to learn what the employees do.
    Be more transperant with the employees.
    Encourage and enable managers to have one on one's with their employees.
    Focus on employee retention, facilitating employee growth in the company, and enable training.
    Think about how to better compensate hard working employees who are not company stock holders.

Great company with a great purpose, missions, and values. Really bright employees and a lot of career opportunities.

Human Resources (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsCompany is in a good industry, has a good reputation, has good leadership, and dedicated employees. There are very good career opportunities.

ConsFor any con, I know there is a solution being worked on and sometimes it will take some patience. There are pockets of issues, and there are a few managers that are a little harder to work for but overall no complaints. You can't be shy about asking for opportunities. It is important to find a good mentor/sponsor.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold everyone accountable and manage poor performance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internship program needs some work

Civil/Envronmental Engineering (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsAs an intern you're never going to have nothing to do. The office director made sure to take care of his interns, taking us out for lunch here and there. Always checked in on us to make sure we were content.

ConsThere isn't a formal internship program really, you're there to gain a perspective of the company but there is no work that's carved out for interns that is not complete grunt work. You're there to be a stop gap solution for work no one wants to do.

Good Company to work for Intern

ProsGood place to work as intern.

ConsCould be a little more organized.

Great knowledge pool!

Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsDeep bench of very knowledgeable and highly experienced senior staff. I was able to learn a lot by working directly with recognized industry experts.

ConsTo much emphasis on doing billable work to maintain good "direct time." Compensation is based on national averages both internal and external to the company, and with so many different business lines in so many geographic regions, it was difficult to get a competative salary in the Bay Area.

Lots of Projects but not Very Organized

Civil Engineer Inern (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsInterning gave me a lot of exposure to the water infrastructure industry. I did many small tasks on a lot of large projects. MWH is a very well known firm so it definitely looks good on your resume, regardless of whether or not you actually did a whole lot

ConsThere wasn't a whole lot of structure. I basically went around the office asking who needed help on tasks and at times, there wasn't enough to do. Oh you need work? Um, here organize these files from a project that was completed a couple years ago. Oh you finished with that? Print these drawings. I suppose these tasks need to be done eventually, so who better than the intern?

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving an intern work a lot on a single project might be more meaningful than giving them a lot of small but mindless tasks.

A great summer with a great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsCompensation was more than I expected as an intern, and I was able to learn a lot while working on interesting and challenging projects. My team was very patient with answering many questions and teaching me. There were opportunities to meet with senior management and ask for advice.

ConsThe program was new and seemed disorganized at times. It felt odd having downtime at work simply because no one had any projects for me to work on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been nice to receive more feedback and constructive criticism on the quality of work your interns complete.

Solid Company. Great Team

Consultant (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsReally good Team. Team members look out for each other
    For a consulting company, the Work/Life Balance is great
    Excellent Clients

ConsToo much change
    Recent leadership shift is bringing significant change to the organization
    Political work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing employees

World class projects, average pay and smallll promotions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProjects are amazing resume builders.

ConsDon't expect much of any raises and promotion increases. A 2 % raise and 5% promotion is below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your top talent or your competition will. They did for me (50% raise).

Worked for MWH Global? Contribute to the Community!