MWI Pumps Reviews

1 Rating

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at MWI Pumps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Friendly work atmosphere -No Micro Managing -Great place to work -Leader within the De-watering Industry -Smart Owners -Hands on Experience

Cons

Rarely No Overtime for Office Positions

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work!

2. OK place to work

Former Employee - Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL

Pros

Good position in a niche market - very well known Great margins and pay if you can get a product specified by engineer No real pressure to produce quarterly - more concerned with longer term prospects Nice work atmosphere Not micromanaging Good place to get experience - future employers will recognize name - just don't stay too long. Fantastic place to work if you really want a work life balance that includes fishing and beach - not a high pressure employer with crazy hours - factory a few miles from beach, nice area to live in. Smart owners - family does have some brains.

Cons

Privately held - no career growth - plenty of family to manage the company - which is fine if all you want to do is sell. Not sure anyone is really in charge - hard to figure out the direction of the company sometimes Level of pay is related to ability to sell at high margins - can be difficult to establish high margins in some markets - it is actually possible to make no commission even though something was sold. Some longtime employees have figured out how to get along and game the system instead of producing value which is probably a reflection on mgt. and not them.

Advice to Management

What can I say..family has done very well for itself...D.E. (father) has done well by his family. I did have sense that there was an attitude of "what are our employees doing for us.....??" at times. Also, the combining of all the new ventures undertaken with traditional business makes employees feel they are supporting new start up ideas with the higher prices - does make morale challenging when you just lost a job on price.

3. Jacksonville Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great career opportunity, by working hard and achieving success I have had many opportunities open up for me. great company to work for.

Cons

There is really no down side to my job; some additional training would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. >>>

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Good pay, .....not much else

Cons

Too much politics, No Training

Advice to Management

Have a training program,

RSS Feed </> Embed