Mac Papers Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014
3.7

Sutton McGehee

It is such a blessing and privilege to work for such a great company.

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mac Papers truly cares about its employees. With the economy the way it is, times are tough and many companies are looking to cut back cost. Mac Papers did the opposite and gave back to the employees in appreciation for their hard work. Its great to work for a company who cares and genuinely respects their employees!

Cons

Turnover is rare because everyone loves working for Mac Papers so advancing in the company may be tough.

Keep listening and respecting your employees because that goes a long way!

Forward thinking company, determined to evolve.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mac Papers is a forward thinking company, that was built on a solid foundation. It has made several key acquisitions over the past 10 years, and continues to show that its committed to growth. Each employee is provided with ample opportunity to succeed, and hard work does not go unnoticed.

Mac Papers is a family owned business, so decisions and change can be made quickly. Mac Papers has a strong set of core values, and it's reflected in the leadership. At Mac Papers, you're a name, not a number, and it honestly feels like a family... we all look out for each other. Mac Papers is extremely loyal to all of its employees.

The devotion to growth, shown by the management at Mac Papers, is a key element to its success. In a changing world, Mac Papers continues to evolve with the times. It will not settle for being second best.

Cons

The pros far outweigh the cons.

Continue to listen to your staff.

Nearly Eight of the Best Years of My Life!

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mac Papers is family owned and operated and they treat their employees as if they were family. Mac Papers is continuing to grow. They are diversifying and I can tell that they are ensuring the longevity of their company for their employess and for the next generation of owners.

Cons

It is a distribution company so the locations are convenient to major highways, not to restaurants or shopping centers...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A successful family-owned company who values its employee's success as well

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than a year

Pros

From day one, it was apparent people want to be at Mac. Tenure is long, environment is welcoming, and the leadership is available. While much is still expected, I have never worked for a company who encouraged me to keep my family as my priority.

Cons

With such low turnover, change in internal positions are not frequent. Patience and letting your hard work speak for itself is a lesson to learn.

While everyone does work hard, help to keep the challenge in front of us. Hold us more accountable of how we can go beyond what we can become comfortable doing.

I haven't met someone who doesn't love working at Mac Papers

Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Communiacatoins
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing and Communiacatoins

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people, strong corporate values that drive daily decision making and operations, significant loyalty to employees, entrepreneurial spirit, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company sometimes acts like it's smaller than it really is.

Focus on stronger accountability.

It has been an incredible experience and a honor to work for such a great company.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mac Papers has a very friendly staff and everyone works together as a team to help each other out.

Cons

They only let me work 8 hours a day.

Continue to listen to your sales force because the sales force is the voice of Mac Papers customers.

Hard-working, family-owned, values-centered, successful company that puts employees first

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love working at Mac Papers. It's a medium-sized, family-owned company that treats its employees with respect, honesty, loyalty and genuine care. Mac Papers provides an opportunity for me to put previous work experience to good use and learn from other talented people who work here. In my role, I am allowed to be entrepreneurial, innovative and make a noticeable contribution. Leadership is firm but fair and my manager is encouraging and educational. Compensation is competitive and incentive-based in many cases, which makes us work harder to make this company even better. Incredible work/life balance.

Most of all, this is an ethics-based company and leadership makes decisions (tough as they may be) every day on strong values and moral conviction. I feel good coming to work every day because of this.

Cons

Downsides of working at Mac Papers are harder to come by. Sometimes the company is so loyal to its longstanding employees, and in turn it gives some people the comfort to remain at status-quo. I think increased accountability at various levels could push the company forward at an even faster rate.

Hold us more accountable for the work we do. You do a great job of giving us room to succeed without micro-management, but some people will do a better job with a bit more close-knit accountability.

Very nice people to work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mac Papers full-time for less than a year

Pros

People there were all very nice, easy to work with, and willing to assist. Great organization for an older worker to feel right at home.

Cons

Many long time employees, not wanting any change.

Moderinize a little bit, even if a little at a time.

For the most part, I enjoyed working at Mac Papers.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mac Papers full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good group of people (with the exception of a few bad apples). A lot of flexibility for doctors appts, etc

Cons

Salary scale is horrible. That company is making money hand over fist and they pay their employees very little. Quarterly bonuses, if that's what you want to call them. Any problems with direct supervision/mgmt are not addressed by higher ups. A lot of blatant favoritism and rules are on individual basis, not across the board.

Handle the problems for you non-management employees when they are presented to you. Increase your pay scale considerably.

Some of the people are great to work with, overall the company believes more in nepotism than hiring from outside.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Mac Papers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They get you in the door by promising bonuses, this can be good.

Cons

If you make a complaint about the way you are treated in any office they are quick to go on the defense. They don't believe in the little people pushing buttons.

My advice would be to listen, talk to the people that are considered the peons in your company, they might know more than you think.

Worked for Mac Papers? Contribute to the Community!