Mac Papers

Mac Papers Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Sutton McGehee

Greed driven

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Riviera Beach, FL

ProsThe day is pretty much your own

ConsMicro-managed, no expenses, sub-standard pay, lots of paperwork, no support

Advice to Senior ManagementPay according to industry standards

For the most part, I enjoyed working at Mac Papers.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsA good group of people (with the exception of a few bad apples). A lot of flexibility for doctors appts, etc

ConsSalary scale is horrible. That company is making money hand over fist and they pay their employees very little. Quarterly bonuses, if that's what you want to call them. Any problems with direct supervision/mgmt are not addressed by higher ups. A lot of blatant favoritism and rules are on individual basis, not across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle the problems for you non-management employees when they are presented to you. Increase your pay scale considerably.

Some of the people are great to work with, overall the company believes more in nepotism than hiring from outside.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThey get you in the door by promising bonuses, this can be good.

ConsIf you make a complaint about the way you are treated in any office they are quick to go on the defense. They don't believe in the little people pushing buttons.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to listen, talk to the people that are considered the peons in your company, they might know more than you think.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsPeople there were all very nice, easy to work with, and willing to assist. Great organization for an older worker to feel right at home.

ConsMany long time employees, not wanting any change.

Advice to Senior ManagementModerinize a little bit, even if a little at a time.

It is such a blessing and privilege to work for such a great company.

ProsMac Papers truly cares about its employees. With the economy the way it is, times are tough and many companies are looking to cut back cost. Mac Papers did the opposite and gave back to the employees in appreciation for their hard work. Its great to work for a company who cares and genuinely respects their employees!

ConsTurnover is rare because everyone loves working for Mac Papers so advancing in the company may be tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening and respecting your employees because that goes a long way!

Forward thinking company, determined to evolve.

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMac Papers is a forward thinking company, that was built on a solid foundation. It has made several key acquisitions over the past 10 years, and continues to show that its committed to growth. Each employee is provided with ample opportunity to succeed, and hard work does not go unnoticed.

Mac Papers is a family owned business, so decisions and change can be made quickly. Mac Papers has a strong set of core values, and it's reflected in the leadership. At Mac Papers, you're a name, not a number, and it honestly feels like a family... we all look out for each other. Mac Papers is extremely loyal to all of its employees.

The devotion to growth, shown by the management at Mac Papers, is a key element to its success. In a changing world, Mac Papers continues to evolve with the times. It will not settle for being second best.

ConsThe pros far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your staff.

Nearly Eight of the Best Years of My Life!

ProsMac Papers is family owned and operated and they treat their employees as if they were family. Mac Papers is continuing to grow. They are diversifying and I can tell that they are ensuring the longevity of their company for their employess and for the next generation of owners.

ConsIt is a distribution company so the locations are convenient to major highways, not to restaurants or shopping centers...

A successful family-owned company who values its employee's success as well

ProsFrom day one, it was apparent people want to be at Mac. Tenure is long, environment is welcoming, and the leadership is available. While much is still expected, I have never worked for a company who encouraged me to keep my family as my priority.

ConsWith such low turnover, change in internal positions are not frequent. Patience and letting your hard work speak for itself is a lesson to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile everyone does work hard, help to keep the challenge in front of us. Hold us more accountable of how we can go beyond what we can become comfortable doing.

I haven't met someone who doesn't love working at Mac Papers

Director of Marketing and Communiacatoins (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing people, strong corporate values that drive daily decision making and operations, significant loyalty to employees, entrepreneurial spirit, opportunity for advancement.

ConsThe company sometimes acts like it's smaller than it really is.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on stronger accountability.

It has been an incredible experience and a honor to work for such a great company.

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsMac Papers has a very friendly staff and everyone works together as a team to help each other out.

ConsThey only let me work 8 hours a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your sales force because the sales force is the voice of Mac Papers customers.

Worked for Mac Papers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mac Papers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mac Papers CEO Sutton McGehee. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Mac Papers employees.