Mac Tools

Updated January 14, 2015
Updated January 14, 2015
2.9

Brett Shaw

I have been working at Mac Tools full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best things about working for Mac Tools is the fact that you are a part of the largest tool company in the word (Stanley Black and Decker). Also, I believe we have the best overall offering for a franchisee looking to start their own business.

Cons

Not too many cons compaired to previous places of employment.

Continue on the current path. Striving to be the Tool Company that is looked at as Great to Work With is the path we need to be on.

Great to Work With!

Current Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mac Tools full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to both work for and with! Strong focus on making both employees and franchisees successful. Mac Tools has strong brand image and is aggressively seeking new innovative ideas and products! Over fantastic company to work for!

Cons

None....Mac Tools is working towards being number 1 and the industry leader on the mobile tool business!

Keep continued focus on franchisees and market trends to keep on top of the industry!

Great

I have been working at Mac Tools

Pros

Treat employees well,nice benefits good people

Cons

The constant change of management

Run away as fast as you can!!

Former Employee - Independent Distributor
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor

I worked at Mac Tools full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE

Cons

I gave up after 11 years as an Independent Distributor. The company is solely focused on it's profit statement and nothing else. There is no help from company management, the finance program does not work, too many tools labelled MAC Tools are made in China, MAC closed all their manufacturing plants. If you are thinking about becoming a MAC Tools Franchisee you should run as fast as you can in the other direction. The company has one solution for every problem a Distributor can have. Their answer to any problem is for the Distributor, or Franchisee, to buy more tools from MAC.

Stanley, Black and Decker will never do anything to change MAC Tools as long as the bottom line on the profit statement is in the black.

Terrible Non professional

I worked at Mac Tools as a contractor

Pros

At the time of joining they treat you very nicely.They make you feel very proud

Cons

What a worse place.I think managers are confused about the work and worried.They even don't know about what to do and i agree with previous reviews.They are very non professional and inhuman.I would not recommend any one to join this place.They would not treat you like human ask you to leave right away..

Please make this place more professional and make the place where people can feel like human at the of even leaving..Please treat every one professionally.

Evil

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mac Tools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money and benefits are really good for the work you do.

Cons

Despite the benefits the constant need of management to treat people like dirt makes the job not worth it. They'll follow some policies while ignoring others. Will fire you for the smallest misstep. I worked there for 6 years doing twice the production quota while my co-workers were doing half that and management keep saying "we're doing something about it" for over 6 months. Despite my hard work I made one mistake and was tossed aside and terminated without a warning or write up. Co-workers are petty, lazy, vindictive and will do their best do get under your skin and get you fired. Like me.

Stanley needs to look at management because they make the Soviet Union look like Tibet. Communist to the core.

Almost communist. DC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mac Tools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Great brand, has potential

Cons

They worry about the looks of building but not the quality or even the employees who bust ass everyday. Newer employees are expected to kill themselves while older ones are lazy. If they don't like you they'll do anything to get rid of you.

Stop acting so evil, don't know where you learned it, but happy employees are good employees. The way things are people just skate under the radar so they don't get fired but that's it.

Good company to be a dealer for if you can handle the work and stress

Former Employee - Owner in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Owner in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Mac Tools full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Independance, never boring, dealing with many people, performing many functions, no one to blame except yourself.

Cons

Your a one person business. Hard work, long hours, stress, having people owe you money, dealing with people that are angry with their lives, having to sell, sell, sell.

Incompetent

Current Employee - Distribution Center in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Distribution Center in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Mac Tools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and used to be a good tool company.

Cons

Management has got the art of disrespect down. Supervisors treat you like your a moron if you make a suggestion, but ten minutes later they will use it and act like it was there idea. Plus laying off people so you can pay for a less efficient picking system, was just criminally stupid. Having to work a year as a temp and them acting like it didn't exist. Lower paid employees are expected to kill themselves while higher waged employees are talking and slacking off.

Dear Stanley Black & Decker you need to clean house of management.

Need a better support system

Former Employee - Distributor in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Distributor in Golden, CO

I worked at Mac Tools

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

you have to deal with Collections and bad debts.

Support Needed