MacB

www.macb.com

MacB Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014
MacB – Columbia – “Example of Work Environment - collaborative”

MacB – Columbia – “Example of Work Environment - collaborative”

Sid Fuchs

Very professional supervisors, positive work environment, and very customer driven.

Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Walton Beach, FL

ProsGreat benefits, ability to deploy, good communication

ConsPersonal time off was hard to get, limited 401k options.

Good for entry level

ProsFlextime, benefits and work atmosphere depending on program.

ConsThe growth is non existent, do not depend on any pay raises because there are little to non

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within, current employes know the company and have the drive to take it to the next level.

Bad experience

Proswork with a few a people I knew previously

ConsHired just to fill a position. Made promises upon hiring they did not keep. Upper management out of touch with on-site folks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was a fabulous company to work for!

EOD Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee) Panama City, FL

ProsI had a great supervisor, the upper management was wonderful as well. The compensation was not only enough to live on but enough to save as well. The benefits were great and they were always very understanding about time zones/reporting of hours when we had to travel internationally.

ConsThe only drawback was the location... Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL. if you are a fan of the East Coast or a Florida resident, you would be perfectly happy but for a San Francisco girl it was like the dark side of the Moon.

Good Company to work for in most cases

Logistics (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsSolid company good track record

ConsSight supervisor in my experience was not a manager and stated that he was a dictator and that was his method. When a new employee was hired and put in a position as a supervisor and became very verbal and disrespectful to those under her the management did nothing to curb the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the situation

It's a whole new ball game with Sid Fuchs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

Pros- When MacB acquired my previous employer a few years ago, they went out of their way to employ everybody and offer them a decent deal. Unfortunately, those days are over.

Cons- Sid Fuchs is the CEO now, not Charlie Schwegman. This guy plays hardball. He has made some intelligent decisions, such as spending the money to connect everyone to SharePoint/Outlook. But he also cancelled all raises in 2013 without warning the employees. There is no bench anymore in Dayton--if you don't have coverage, they furlough you or lay you off.

- Opportunities for software developers are limited. MacB in Dayton has not been effective at marketing software development contracts.

- MacB is not big on hiring from within. They don't give MacB employees first crack at job openings.

Macaulay-Brown Inc.

Engineer II (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsMacB has fantastically interesting work, pays well, and has good benefits.

ConsClassified work is not for everyone.

Headed in the wrong direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThe work can be interesting if you are on the right contract. They do a very good job of respecting work/life balance.

ConsAverage (at best) benefits. Low compenstation. No Bonus. No Merit Pay. You can be the best performer in your group and still receive same poor raises as your peers. Dramatically increased health insurance costs over the last three years.

Raises cut company wide last year (2012) and blamed on the threat of sequestration and this year (2013) have been completey cancelled. All company functions including family, i.e. holiday party, summer picnic, golf outing have been cancelled.

New president clearly never had any focus on the original Dayton area and appears to be moving operations primarily to a new DC office by hiring no fewer than 10 high profile BD types while the rest of the company suffers.

Under this president, the yearly evaluations have become a joke. The employees now have no input into their evaluations, which is something I have never seen at any company. All employees, at a primarily engineering company, are now rated against Business Develpment metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the current president and get back to the small company, customer focused environment.

Bad experience glad to moved on

ProsNot very many, 401K is great. Actually thats the only one I can think of and I did not want the review to be negative there had to be at least one positive thing in it.

ConsHire anyone that has a clerance, Supervisors are above the rules or so it seems, analyst should stay away from this company, dead end job no potential for advancement. They underpay.

Advice to Senior Managementsupervisors should not bad mouth the company and should follow all rules which they currently dont.

Outstanding

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsManagement works to keep it enjoyable and you employed.

ConsNothing really comes to mind in my case.

Worked for MacB? Contribute to the Community!