Macerich

Macerich President, CEO, and Director Art Coppola

Art Coppola

Great Experience with Wonderful People

Coordinator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsManagers, Team Building and the work atmosphere were all great!

ConsSometimes the work was not challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

good company to work for insurance

Security Officer (Current Employee) Billings, MT

ProsHealth benefits and the people

Conscareer opportunities sooner for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementmanagers to guide employees for career advancement better

Good place to work, especially in Corporate office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsDecent work/life balance, no punching in on the clock. Good upward mobility/promotions.

ConsNo tuition reimbursement, constant fire drills, lack of clear mission/vision

Advice to Senior ManagementGet aligned and set a goal/mission that everyone can get behind

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very rewarding experience being able to support both Merchants and Guests at The Oaks Shopping Center.

Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsThis company values not only the Guests and Merchants but also the employees with creating a positive atmosphere of rewarding a job well done.

ConsRetail employment undoubtedly presents demanding challenges of Holiday, evening and weekend hours as well as the occasional situation in assisting a Guest that had an unsatisfactory shopping experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy observation as Guest Services Supervisor: cutting costs by not adequately staffing Guest Services during the Holidays only burns out the employees consequently resulting in the high risk of lower energy levels when mall traffic is at an ever increasing level.

It was a great experience and I learned a lot.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWas promoted multiple times within a short period, so they really do try to promote within. Some people in the company are great and truly wonderful to work for. No two days are alike so you don't get bored. Benefit package is among the best I've seen.

ConsSo much turn-over! Always And the direction of the company is constantly changing so as soon as you get a grasp on what the goal is, it's does a 180. Pay is good, but not compared to competitors' pay.

Macerich cares about you

Real Estate (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsMacerich truly cares about their associates. The evaluations are just as much on how you get along with the team as how you perform number wise.

ConsSometimes hard for a type A manager to pull back and build a group mindset.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that achieving the key performance indicators can be acheived by more than one method.

Guest Services

Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsDecent pay, good flexibility with scheduling, I really like my manager.

ConsNot a whole lot of room for advancement, and I would like more hours.

Real Estate is an exciting field

Real Estate (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Prosoffice location is great near 3rd Street Promenade and beach in Santa Monica
    large company so can learn a lot

ConsLike all big companies range of expertise and personalities that you need to work with
    Did not have a strong head of the department

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have to reduce staff, do it in person, not over the phone.

Macerich is a great company loaded with lots of talent throughout the company.

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCool company, innovative, great benefits/culture - Macerich was very corporate but had a very unique feel to it.

ConsSome people were promoted to very senior positions extremely quickly, while other hard workers were not.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look to promote from within.

Wonderful Part Time Oppurtunity

Guest Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsStaff members are mostly very welcoming and helpful. The pay was decent considering the job duties. 401k was offered for part time employees.

ConsEmployee Hours are very dependent on gift card sales, sales cold calling to business's with out any commission or bonus potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a point to include Guest Services on important updates as they are the face of the company.

Worked for Macerich? Contribute to the Community!