Mack & Associates

1 Rating

temp to hire receptionist

Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mack & Associates are extremely professional, helpful, and friendly. Within a week of my interview, they placed me on my first assignment and have been receiving temp work ever since.

Cons

Some of the temp opportunities they have available only pay $11-12 an hour.

Placed me regularly at low paying jobs, Rude recruiters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There are plenty of two to three day assignments to be had - but most of them pay $11-$12/hours

Cons

Recruiters here are rude and will not speak to you like you are an adult. I came to Mack looking for a career change - they did not really listen to what I was looking for and sent me out on assignments that were low paying and not at all mentally challenging. Further more, if you are unhappy with an assignment, they will chastise you and attempt to scare you into staying. I had such an unsatisfactory experience with their lack of professionalism and level rudeness that I probably should have reported them to the HR department.

Your company can use to some serious work on its bedside manner. I had several issues with recruiters - I am a college graduate who speaks with grace and professionalism. This has never been matched by the Mack staff.

Very unprofessional

Former Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They seem to 'get' some high level, well paying positions.

Cons

Very Flacky!! I delt w/two recruiters at this co., & they seem very interested, but have HORRIBLE follow-up & follow thru skills! The commision from placements is paying their salaries - you would think that they would act more professionally & be proactive w/their 'employees' (??!!??)

Be proactive and be professional.

They get a commission and you do all the work!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice office in downtown loop. Easy to access.

Cons

Unorganized office. Low temp pay rates. Unresponsive to email requests. Do not actively search for work for the candidates without feeling like you are nagging them. Not very helpful. Very snooty when it comes to their relationship with other firms. Post "amazing" jobs but do not actually secure any interviews for you.

Your employees need to be more on top of their candidates and be responsive in answering emails and more organized.

They will work hard to find the right fit!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates as a contractor

Pros

I had a very positive experience working with Mack. They worked tirelessly to help me find the right job. They did not push me into taking something permanently that I was not excited about. I really thought they had my best interest in mind.

Cons

I had a pretty bad temp experience and was not forced (but strongly encouraged) to stay with the company through the duration of the contract. This would have been a big problem if the contract was for more than a month.

Doing a great job! Keep it up!

Very good experience

Current Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mack & Associates as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great way to gain access to top employers while earning money. Mack has relationships with a high caliber of private and public companies who may be willing to pay for temporary services.

Cons

Work is intermittent, so you may be employed six months at a time or 1 week.

Keep being personable and professional. The opportunity to earn a bonus based on employer feedback is an excellent idea.

Great for young temps- especially college students

Former Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Temp in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mack & Associates

Pros

Mack & Associates makes it possible for you to get valuable, relevant work experience while you are in between jobs or unable to commit to a full-time position. Competitive wages. Great experience! Awesome, supportive staff.

Cons

Strong temp performance cannot be directly rewarded due to the nature of the work. It's definitely not a way to build a career or secure advancement opportunities- but it's the perfect solution for paying the bills while you're looking for something else.

Extend your temp recruitment to college students more, as they often have greater technical skills and flexibility than older candidates.