Macquarium

Macquarium Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Art Hopkins

Outstanding organization with a passion for providing solutions based on the user experience.

Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDecent pay, good bonuses, flexible management, empowered employees, entrepreneurship valued. Very good communication within the organization. Work - life balance!

ConsHQ is in Atlanta, no DC office at the time of this writing, only people in the field within the DC area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Macquarium's on the right track with user experience design, and tremendous respect for what they do on behalf of the client..

This is a dead-end company that is hanging on by a thread.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery good quality of life. They will let me go home or take vacation anytime I want. Come and go as you see fit.

ConsManagement is absent. The place is a ghost-town. Nobody cares and nobody knows what to care about.

I see new people coming in after having been told false things about what it's like here, what we do, how we work and how to succeed. It's unfair to these new employees to see them get so disappointed on week two.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Drop the veil on all these secretive charades that are being played in the company. Stop acting like a multi-million dollar consulting firm when we're really just a staffing firm.

Lost company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood flex time and some good people. Clients have been pretty good, but not all. Even though there is inconsistent knowledge about it, UX seems to be a good specialty for the firm.

ConsCompany lacks vision and ability to execute what many of the employees agree they need. Employees are talented people. Leadership is lost and model is backwards. Ultimately it's a company that lacks style. Just a disappointment all around. Culture is the worst...

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Learn about UX. Replace some of the executive team. Work on your brand. The pretty basic stuff is not mastered, yet you have some good people... Culture.. Where do I begin? Most employees are looking for other jobs--in a good economy, you would have no retention..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place for developers

Web Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTelecommute Wednesdays, opportunity to work on many different projects for different clients, close to midtown location, diverse employees, several very nice people.

ConsReputation for being a sweatshop, provide inaccurate estimates to get clients then developers swallow the unestimated hours. I put in a few 80 hour weeks, and management once told the company that they "own our ass" for 50 hours per week. Nah, you don't own anybody slavery ended over 100 years ago. Environment is noisy and distracting. I've also seen a lot of crappy code (while appearing visually stunning) be delivered to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere ain't no way in hell that you own anybody. You need to have more respect for your developers.

Good place for people coming right out of college.

Front End Developer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork on big brands, fast learning, excellent people. Good place for people coming right out of college.

ConsCareer advancement; shaky environment in a low market.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo invest in people. Set clear expectations of career progression and follow up on them objectively. To reward hard work appropriately. Self sacrifice is not a sustainable business model.

Consultancy that acts like independent contractor placement

Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee)

ProsSalary, time management, lack of management

ConsNo opportunity for job growth, lack of management, no salary increase options

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaged with all employees; you don't have that many not to be.

Worked for Macquarium? Contribute to the Community!