Macuity Reviews

4.0

Matt Mecum

Great (and dynamic) team spirit leads to exceptional results

Current Employee - Engineer in Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Concord, MA

I have been working at Macuity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compared to other Apple Resellers and Mac Consultants I have worked for, Macuity performs very well. I immediately became a valued part of the team and management supported me not only in terms of professional development, but also in getting settled in greater Boston area. The company takes care of any customer's needs as fast and as good as it can and is highly committed to outperform the already high requirements from Apple. It feels great to be part of this growing company.

Cons

Well, Concord is beautiful - but quite a commute from downtown (in terms of traffic). And the office lacks real windows.

Keep up with new technologies and Apple's latest approaches, it will pay off!

Constant job postings reinforced the turnover, working here was a mistake.

Former Employee - Tech Guru in Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Tech Guru in Concord, MA

I worked at Macuity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free parking. On-site client visits provide reprieve. Bosses leave early most days.

Cons

Company asks for motivation, but they really want you to work hard and not question micromanagement. This is not a startup where you are willing to work hard for talented people. Owner is young and creates an austere working environment. When issues of salary are discussed you are told that you should be lucky to have a job. You need to track every minute of the day in the time tracking system (but don't worry because CEO and owner do not). From someone that's been there, I recommend finding a budding startup to work for that doesn't have the turnover this place does.

Management doesn't take advice

Dynamic and fast paced.

I have been working at Macuity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exposure to wide range of technology, small startup atmosphere, flat management structure, ability to take on a lot of responsibilities if one chooses,

Cons

Can sometimes be stressful with client demand, work/life balance can be hard to achieve if one doesn't take the initiative.

Innovative company with incredible growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Macuity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Macuity is made up of a brilliant team of Apple certified systems engineers all with a great sense of humor to make the day fly by. It's easy to forget you are at work in this high energy environment. Unlike most companies Macuity actually cares about enriching the lives of it's clients making the job incredibly rewarding. Even the drive to work is nice since the offices are located in the beautiful town of Concord, MA.

Cons

The only real downside I can think of is there are not a ton of vegetarian or vegan food options in Concord so I bring lunch most days. This isn't too much of a con because there is a great break room, even a ping pong/air hockey table.

Dynamic and supportive environment where I learn new things daily

I have been working at Macuity full-time

Pros

Macuity is a growing company where we all have opportunities to learn and develop our professional skills on a daily level. Management definitely demonstrates its desire to train all technical employees with as much professional development as needed. This is a company clearly committed to its employees and clients. I have really enjoyed my time here so far!

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that the central office is not located near public transportation.

Keep up the focus on providing the best customer experience possible. We are moving in a great direction!