Macy's

Macy's Reviews in Aventura, FL

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Macy's Chairman, President, and CEO Terry J. Lundgren

Terry J. Lundgren

Pros
  • The only "pro" about this job is the employee discount, but it isn't even that great (in 496 reviews)

• The company offers some flexibility in terms of work/life balance (in 95 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't push their credit card down the customers throat you get fired (in 326 reviews)

• They promise a work/life balance but I have not figured that part out yet (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights
16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsWorking at Macy you meet and greet new people everyday, also what I love about it you get pay weekly and the rewards are awesome

ConsOpening star rewards it a bit tough at times

Ok

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsIt's a check after being laid off

ConsWhere should I start so disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom the store manager except for 2 managers they need to go no clue on how to run a business

You get what you make out of it at Macys.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

Prosemployee discount, pay (maybe), flexible schedule, hours can be picked up if department is underemployed

ConsPoor management, too many employees, too competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementDont play the big ego game, dont talk down to employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Watch out for sharks

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

Prosgreat place to socialize and make more money

Consthey don't let you know what your really getting into and people (sharks) will steal your sales which can later result in you not selling enough which will get you fired. quick

Advice to Senior Managementdraw vs commission is a scam

Ladies shoes sales Associate - Not what you would expect...

Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsStore discounts, easy to manage scheduling, support is great as well

ConsPay is not what I expected... They deduct your hourly pay from your commission and you can even go into deficit, where you owe them money... They do expect you to be there for some shifts that start at 9am, but store doesn't open till 10am, first sales, maybe by 11am... In a commission only job where I'm being deducted hourly from commission, that doesn't feel right to me at all...

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the Expediting work is taken out of the equation, you will end up with happier, stronger, and most importantly, more motivated sales associates. Expeditors should only be used in really busy days! The sales Associate ends up going and getting the product himself anyways... And that way, Macy's would be able to afford paying a "real" hourly + commission to sales associates, allowing them to earn a decent living without sacrificing so much... In this specific function, when pay is not what is expected, it clouds the general corporate perspective of the Sales Associate throughout the whole corporation in a domino effect. Such a great company like Macy's should not allow that to happen..

Sales Associate Macys

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsHas the opportunity to make a good amount of money.

ConsPut too much people in the same area and then raise sales goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the number of new hires and take care of the employees that are already there.

macy's

Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

Prosgratis
    interacting with ppl
    events
    ability to move up quick
    good point system
    coaching

Consschedules
    management
    credit applications goals
    goals are sometimes ridiculous
    too many people on the selling floor at once

Advice to Senior Managementemployee appreciation
    fix scheduling system

My experience at Macys was a very special one

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsThe Pros was; For working with the Macys family is just that, a warm and inviting experience that in some departments results in sadness when you leave.

ConsThe downsides of have worked for Macys corporation is initially when you're hired and placed in a department the associate sometimes are intimidated by a new employee because they haven't gotten to know the person yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise to management is to in all situations be professional and don't allow your personal feeling determine someone worth!

Terrible company to work for

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aventura, FL

Prosinteracting with customers and meeting interesting people from different cultures. building relationships with coworkers

Conslow pay, too many requirements. no incentives. employees are overworked and stressed out and upper level management could careless. discount of 20% is a scam. must have a Macys card in order to get discount and the card has a 26% APR. total rip off

Advice to Senior Managementincrease the pay for employees if you expect them to do so much work

I really enjoy working here but the managers is horrible

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aventura, FL

ProsYou get paid every week
    You pick your schedule online very flexible
    Great co worker

ConsThere are very rude customers
    Long lines
    Recovery and go backs is a headache
    I had a rude supervisor /manager

Advice to Senior ManagementMacy's management need to give their associates a walkie talkie to communicate with them. It quicker and faster. Be nice to the employees

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!