Macy's Reviews in Corte Madera, CA

4,885 Reviews

Macy's Chairman, President, and CEO Terry J. Lundgren
Terry J. Lundgren
1,408 Ratings

Pros
  • the employee discount is good even though one must use their Macys card to get it (in 565 reviews)

• The company offers some flexibility in terms of work/life balance (in 103 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't push their credit card down the customers throat you get fired (in 358 reviews)

• They promise a work/life balance but I have not figured that part out yet (in 108 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work Experience as a Brand Specialist

Former Employee - Brand Specialist in Corte Madera, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Specialist in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Store Manager very friendly and helpful. Good Benefits

Cons

Required to spend quite a bit of time in cleaning up and re-organizing merchandise resulting in getting less time to sell

Hire more part-time and full-time staff to put merchandise back to the racks

Sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and the ability to swap schedules with other employees. all of management and associates are kind, courteous and upbeat. there is growth and there are opportunities apparently if you push hard enough and are in the right clique

Cons

Manager's can also exhibit demeaning behavior, condescending and sometimes quippy. Also lack of payroll allotted for recovery leads to less sales involvement. Low pay just above minimum wage and macys money as a reward for doing well as observed by a manager or associate as going above and beyond. Pay raise is a last resort and then it is maxed out at 90 cents per hour increase per yearly review. This is a good place to work if you are a student or retired or a bored house wife looking for spending cash but no way to make a viable living as a by the hour sales associate. I had to threaten to quit before they offered other higher paying positions.

Really not buying into the depression era tactics of macys money, i.e. company store money to buy more macys mechandise and go further into debt with the company.

I did not like my experience at Macy's.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees were generally very nice.

Cons

The customer service was terrible, the managers were never around/available, overall a very depressing place to work, and very surprised that (as one of their better employees in my eyes) they did not even ask me why I put in my resignation or where I decided to go.

Offer better training, customer service, and an overall better environment for workers and customers. I know and have heard a lot of people say they hate shopping there.