Mad Mobile Reviews

3.5
Bruce Bennett

1. Great so far...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Only been here a few months but I am really enjoying it up to this point. Beautiful office on Rocky Point and everyone is extremely friendly and has been since day one. Management is extremely approachable and are willing to step in and help with any issues. They really do stress a team attitude and it is great to be a part of!

Cons

The parking garage is a bit of a pain but other than that the outlook is good.

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. Cutting edge technology and engaging workplace.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a software developer I really enjoy the opportunity to have the freedom to explore new technologies and to not be locked into a rigid development environment. I come from a corporate background and was used to being very stifled in my freedom to implement new technologies. Here at Mad Mobile I have a forum to bring new ideas and as a team we implement the best solution.

Cons

My commute is a little long but this is no fault of the company.

Keep up the good work! My only advice would be to keep the open environment and not to go down the path of implementing unnecessary process for the sake of process.

3. Cutting edge technology and customers

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The last year has been an exciting ride with many new exciting projects, great work atmosphere and recently capped off with moving into a new amazing office space overlooking the Bay area. The group of people here are very nice and the work environment is fast paced. Benefits and compensation seems to be in line with what's to be expected for this area. The office culture has grown even better over the last few years.

Cons

Have to keep up with new technology all the time and be ready for changes. Leadership is fairly hands off so you have to be a self motivator to succeed. This is not like corporate America where you are told what to do and not to do all the time.

Continue to push the envelope on innovation and development. Keep bringing in talented employees to grow the capabilities of the team.

A great opportunity to work with talented people on cutting edge products & technology for world class brands!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, no micro-management, great company culture. Our people are our #1 asset; we have the brightest, young professionals working here and the work itself is really exciting. We've gotten past the growing pains of a start-up and now have the structure in place to be truly successful. Our clients will tell you they love working with Mad Mobile and have seen huge improvements from their old mobile solutions. The "bad apples" have all left or been let go, and we now have a positive, energetic work environment. Company paid lunches, monthly birthday celebrations, and happy hours are just a few of the "perks" of working here. Our new office space on Rocky Point is top notch with a cafe, fitness center, and 360 degree water views. The teams we have now work really well together and although we're not a "start-up" anymore, we still operate with that small company feel, which I personally love. We're able to adapt quickly and easily to change. If you want to work somewhere you will be excited about coming to work every day, this is the company for you.

Cons

Keeping up with our demanding client needs will always be a problem (but a good problem to have, in my opinion). Also, rapid growth means leadership must keep continuously building our processes/procedures. Training could always be improved, but I think that's the case in any small-mid-sized company.

Continue to improve transparency/communication to your employees (which has improved a LOT already), and continue to offer little "perks" to employees. More office snacks would be a good idea! :) Also consider offering a 401K matching.

6. Very cutting edge real-time JS Mobile platform and world class customers.

Current Employee - Mobile Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great new office, furniture and collaborative culture. Have shed some rotten apples and now have top tier Dev and Production teams. Very strong in Retail, Brands and now Enterprise. Ranked by Forrester in top 3 for "full Service Mobile Commerce Providers in US". MM sponsors the TampaBay JS meetup - very well attended.

Cons

Have not yet converted all customers to new platform. Support can be very difficult on v.1 & v.2 platforms. Still feeling the effects of poor Dev management from last year.

Push non-v.3 platform customers to the new platform. Support services would dramatically lessen.

7. Professional Development Unlocked

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is different than any other software firm I have been at. All the employees go the extra mile to socialize and get to know one another. The team pitches in and works together to hit deadlines and meet client's expectations. You have the small company feeling where you know your input and work matters, results from hard work and dedication is recognized daily out largest clients.

Dress attire is causal- jeans and a nice shirt. Makes going from day to night very easy.

We just moved to a new building and almost every cool new Google desks has a beautiful view of Tampa Bay. Company is spending more time and effort on making employees satisfied with the environment that we spend the majority of time in.

Great food options around the building- Bahama Breeze lunch specials are GREAT!

Health/dental/vision are paid in full and compensation is very competitive. Vacation and holiday policies are great too!

Cons

Department managers are gaining experience in the positions they are in. So there are learning curves along the way.

Only benefit area that could be improved is 401k matching.

Poor Communication and Poor Leadership

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mad Mobile full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is casual and they are in a good location. The dress code is very casual and jeans are typically acceptable.

Cons

Very high employee turnover and very poor management. Most instruction comes as a knee jerk reaction to something management hears about. Communication is poor in about any situation you can think of working in business.

Set up a more structured environment for leadership and manage from the top down.

9. Wouldn't recommend company for employment unless leadership and processes drastically improves.

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Standard benefits covered by company, flexible hours as long as supervisor agrees, work attire very casual.

Cons

Poor Leadership, company growth is rapidly declining, culture and moral very low, no reviews and employee training or improvement assistance, high employee turnover.

10. Mad Awesome

I have been working at Mad Mobile full-time

Pros

Previous to my experience here at Mad Mobile I was working in a large corporate environment where I was just a # and a body to fill the job. Mad Mobile see's potential in it's employees and is willing to nurture that. They encourage creativity and do not micromanage (which was huge for me). The ability to walk into the CEO's office is always there although some people may not take advantage of that. I feel Mad Mobile is a place where you have the opportunity to be as successful as you want to be!

Cons

What I am learning is that there will be growing pains in all smaller start-up companies, not every process is going to be the MOST organized.

11. Mad about mobile

Former Employee - UI Designer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - UI Designer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mad Mobile full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love for technology, huge clients, great location

Cons

Turned dev based, template style was design focused

Keep the workplace fun